gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681449 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 08:47:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You'll Get Busted!  (Read 33529 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2014, 03:05:52 AM »

The idea for this "petition" changes by the hour.  Better for Jon to ignore it and just continue his work on DW projects independently.

The truth of the matter behind that is simple, yet devastating: Miscommunication and as a result Misunderstanding.
The original plan was for a new Denny biopic, which we quickly realized wasn't the best idea for reasons already stated.
Jess got in touch with Jon, and she told her about his intention to expand the Real Beach Boy documentary. She didn't show me the original message and we both misunderstood think he meant a film based on the documentary. Then Jon explained things here, and that's when we changed it the third and final time.

I'm sorry to you all for all the misunderstandings which in a way was beyond my control, and hopefully we can get back on track with this petition!

Better for Jon to ignore it and just continue his work on DW projects independently.
Sorry, but I think Mr. Stebbins can decide for himself whether ignore this petition or not. And what is so difficult about adding a vote? No one will lose anything by doing so. As I've said, if it doesn't work, so be it. If yes - then good will to have your help among collective signings.

No need to worry. Mr. Stebbins fully supports us and has commended us for our efforts.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2014, 03:08:33 AM »

I don't know what I voting for, by tomorrow this could be a petition to buy the harmony or build a DW statue.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2014, 03:11:45 AM »

I don't know what I voting for.
You are voting for the expanded version of "The Real Beach Boy" documentary (2-hour or sth.).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2014, 03:22:42 AM »

I don't know what I voting for, by tomorrow this could be a petition to buy the harmony or build a DW statue.

It's like you're completely ignoring my comments.
Frankly, you're spamming on this thread, and Jess and I don't appreciate it at all.

I'm going to ask you very kindly, please stop spamming my thread.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2014, 03:29:14 AM »

I agree, why not cut some slack to 2 young enthusiastic fans who try doing sth. useful, not that back & forth quoting stuff like on other threads, at least. And did anyone actually read that Mr. Stebbins appreciates their idea & even had some talks with them via PMs? Exactly.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2014, 03:50:44 AM »

Guys, just my opinion but tbh I think ye need to bin this petition and take some time out and plan what you want to do properly. Even the basic introduction to the petition is poorly worded and real amateur hour stuff. You both are obviously really enthusiastic but it just seems ye jumped into this without any real thought.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2014, 03:55:55 AM »

Guys, just my opinion but tbh I think ye need to bin this petition and take some time out and plan what you want to do properly. Even the basic introduction to the petition is poorly worded and real amateur hour stuff. You both are obviously really enthusiastic but it just seems ye jumped into this without any real thought.

I suppose you have a point. But as I said the main reason for all these issues have been miscommunication and misunderstandings.
I'm currently considering doing just that. But first I've got to talk to Jess about all this, and then we'll see what happens Smiley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2014, 04:05:58 AM »

All these constant revisions back up woody's point of how poorly thought out this petition is.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bluesno1fann
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2014, 04:09:12 AM »

All these constant revisions back up woody's point of how poorly thought out this petition is.

For the last time: Miscommunication and Misunderstandings were the cause of the revisions.
I really don't want to explain that again...
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »

Jon,
What happens once the petition is signed?

I am unfamiliar with how this type of thing works, so I'd like to understand a bit more so I can make an informed decision.

I hope to be recording music soon for another film project, but a petition is not something I am familiar with.

I think you're making the assumption this is my petition...it is not. I have no clue how or if it works.

we were gonna send it to you after we reach the goal  Smiley

So you are going to send the petition to Jon?  He has already said that he wants to see this expanded documentary get done.  Aren't you preaching to the choir?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2014, 01:45:45 PM »

If Dennis Wilson The Real Beach Boy gets turned into a movie who will play Jon?

“We live in divisive times.”
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2014, 01:50:29 PM »

AGD gets a cameo in the BBs 1985 scene since he was there in real life.

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »

I told the director I'm available, but he said I'm not a good fit for that role. They want somebody more Stebbinssy.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »

I told the director I'm available, but he said I'm not a good fit for that role. They want somebody more Stebbinssy.

Remember when we stumbled into the Stamos movie looking very much from the wrong decade? 

http://thejonstebbins.com/beach-boys-an-american-family.html 

(Darn it!  Where's your version of that story???)
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2014, 08:15:47 PM »

Added my signature. Even if there aren't going to be 1.000/more votes, it's still a good idea. Well done, Rei & Jess! (Although I disagree about getting the documentary in Blu-Ray, it's a very expensive format, hate to lose much money.)

Thanks for your support  Grin

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »

obviously you have nothing better to do with your time.  if you don't support the petition then why come back on here?  Angry and um maybe instead of a Dennis statue or buying the harmony, we should try to reopen  Radiant Radish  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:22:51 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »

I think Springsteen does a good Stebbins....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2014, 11:04:55 PM »

I just received a notification that I signed a petition to release an extended version of "The Real Beach Boy" doc... Although I never did such a thing. The e-mail is adressed to "Donald". Anyone else had this happen to them?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:08:08 PM by GuyO » Logged
Nicko1234
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2014, 11:05:12 PM »

Would any new version of the doc cut out scenes where Jon Stebbins relentlessly chews gum despite being about 40 years too old to do so?   Wink
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2014, 03:19:07 AM »

I just received a notification that I signed a petition to release an extended version of "The Real Beach Boy" doc... Although I never did such a thing. The e-mail is adressed to "Donald". Anyone else had this happen to them?
Same here, what is going on with this website and how did they get my private email?

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »

Who used private data from my PMs to make me sign the petition? I never make my email known outside of PMs.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2014, 11:12:08 AM »

Some serious abuse of tbe Smiley board going on here by the sound of it. I think this thread needs putting out of its misery too.

“We live in divisive times.”
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »

Perhaps one or two people should be banned from the board. They're passive aggressive trolls, not the naive kids they claim to be.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2014, 11:34:03 AM »

Who used private data from my PMs to make me sign the petition? I never make my email known outside of PMs.

This is a serious offense - and that it happened to another person is worrisome. Hopefully the mods can get this sorted out.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »

Should be pretty easy to figure out who it was assuming you rarely give your email out.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx