-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD's comments
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD's comments  (Read 44708 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 04:44:47 PM »

I suppose if he uses an old blackface photo at some point it will be ok with the Mods cause there is a double standard on the Board.

That's a dumb thing to say.

How is using a picture of a notable Native American figure, whom one appreciates, the same as using a photo of someone mocking another nationality?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:46:21 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »

I would never put headphones on a cat. They can't speak English and therefore cannot tell you if they dislike your taste in music.

Just revolting.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 04:56:04 PM »

I'm part Native American as well. I'm also of Dutch, black, Hispanic, and Jewish descent. Just need to throw that out there. Bubbly Waves is right...how is that the same? You know I have no issue with you...hell, I thought we were on good terms! The fact that Andrew has been suspended twice (by ME) should let you know I'm not playing favorites. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. In this case, nothing personal, you're wrong. If it were the other way around, I'd say so.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 05:07:05 PM »

I would never put headphones on a cat. They can't speak English and therefore cannot tell you if they dislike your taste in music.

Just revolting.

Oh they can definitely express if they don't like your music taste by pissing and shitting everywhere! LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »

Don't worry AGD, I've been hit with both the racist and homophobic tag on this board before, simply for mentioning things that are true. You just have to accept that some people have a problem with white people mentioning equality for themselves.

As for the whole 'you can't use a picture of an Indian as your avatar because you are not one yourself' thang - well for once I am absolutely speechless.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »

http://www.menweb.org/knobbe.htm

Some interesting reading for those inclined.

quote author=Dubstep Sidestep link=topic=16841.msg418191#msg418191 date=1386636964]
I'm part Native American as well. I'm also of Dutch, black, Hispanic, and Jewish descent. Just need to throw that out there. Bubbly Waves is right...how is that the same? You know I have no issue with you...hell, I thought we were on good terms! The fact that Andrew has been suspended twice (by ME) should let you know I'm not playing favorites. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. In this case, nothing personal, you're wrong. If it were the other way around, I'd say so.
[/quote]

I strongly disagree Billy. Using a Native American hero's picture as an avatar is inappropriate. There is a huge controvery in America right now of white America using Native America imagery inappropriately.  My apologies for throwing this thread off track from Mr. Doe's original poor taste in word selection. I suspect AGD is many things, a racist, probably not.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 07:40:41 PM »

Any of you kiddies know who Harry Truman was?  He once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

There are a handful of thin-skinned wimps here. Serious. Too many sensitive wussies that would get their asses kicked royally if it weren't for the admin's protection.

AGD stimulates this board and makes it jump. He apologized for his mistake. So what. Quit trying to get him in trouble and thinking you're gonna get him banned again. I get so effing tired of you little whiners. You don't like what AGD says then skip his posts. Cut the wamby-pamby candy-assed personal crap and stick with the subject matter of the board. It's much, much more productive and a lot more fun to read, don'tcha think?

By the way, I'm a proud white honkey cat cracker redneck trailer trash bleach boy and I'm damn proud of it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:57:33 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »

I would like to weigh in with my insignificant .02.

AGD's avatar is fine.

Oh and Mikie is right.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 08:04:24 PM »

Any of you kiddies know who Harry Truman was?  He once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

There are a handful of thin-skinned wimps here. Serious. Too many sensitive wussies that would get their asses kicked royally if it weren't for the admin's protection.

AGD stimulates this board and makes it jump. He apologized for his mistake. So what. Quit trying to get him in trouble and thinking you're gonna get him banned again. I get so effing tired of you little whiners. You don't like what AGD says then skip his posts. Cut the wamby-pamby candy-assed personal crap and stick with the subject matter of the board. It's much, much more productive and a lot more fun to read, don'tcha think?
Great example of somebody shooting his mouth without knowing what he is talking about. My like last 20 posts have been following by AGD assaults.  All because his ego is so huge he can't stand someone standing up to him.

As to your hypocritical post, take your own advice and skip my posts. What a tool, like somebody forced poor Mikie over to the Sandbox and made him post on this thread.

It is amazing how the Doe apologists come out. He says some bad stuff, we don't like it and you attack us. It takes all kinds but stupidity is never in short supply on here.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »

As the topic on which his comments appeared has been blocked (why??), I'll start a thread...

Very disappointing to discover someone who I've previously held in such high esteem is in fact a bit of a bigot.

What a dumb comment re Muslims/gays. I've had periods of unemployment myself and from what I recall there were just as many ethnic minorities queuing alongside me in the job centre as there were white people.

The vast majority of people who claim benefits are also in work - FACT - and only a tiny, tiny minority of people who claim benefits do so dishonestly - also FACT.

Disliking a majority because of the actions of a minority is shallow and ridiculous. You see those food banks that are cropping up all over the place? People aren't going to them because they're greedy, they're going because they're starving!

It was the bankers and their ilk who are responsible for the current state of the UK (and the world) so why the anger towards the poor and minorities? Still, i suppose it's easier to sneer at a poor working-class mother than it is at a rich white guy in a suit, eh Andrew?

So either stop believing nasty Tory propaganda or stick to the Mail Online if you want to spout any more ignorant guff. Thanks.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »

My like last 20 posts have been following by AGD assaults.  All because his ego is so huge he can't stand someone standing up to him.

Well, what is he supposed to do? Never respond to people?

You wouldn't give two shits about the avatar if it wasn't AGD. Your only existence here is to attack either him or Mike. It's tiresome.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 08:31:18 PM »

I know who Truman was. He was the jerk who dropped the Atomic Bombs when the war was clearly won already.
Had history gone the other way, and Japan won even if say, one A-bomb was dropped, Truman would have gone on trial for that.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 08:32:43 PM »

^That opens up a whole 'nother can of worms, but I think the second bomb was a bit of overkill.

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »

Any of you kiddies know who Harry Truman was?  He once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

I know who Truman was. He was the jerk who dropped the Atomic Bombs when the war was clearly won already.
Had history gone the other way, and Japan won even if say, one A-bomb was dropped, Truman would have gone on trial for that.

BRING THE WAR INTO IT, WHY NOT!?!? LETS DISCUSS Smiley
It's kind of a complicated topic...

In seriousness, I've been to the epicenter of where both bombs detonated. They're amazing places, and if anyone is in Japan for a visit, you have to stop by the Peace Park in Hiroshima.

What are your favorite places to travel to?  Cheesy

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »

The irony of the subject changing to war being more peaceful than the previous topic is darkly hilarious.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 08:42:37 PM »

Any of you kiddies know who Harry Truman was?  He once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

I honestly don't know how that's relevant at all.

But....

Japan was refusing to surrender and was prolonging the war and just generally causing all sorts of problems. So, in an effort to end the biggest war that mankind has ever seen, he dropped the bombs. I may not personally agree with killing innocent people, but he wasn't just sitting behind a desk thinking "I'm feeling like genocide today."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:46:32 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »

My thoughts are somewhere in between...I personally think one was enough.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »

Wow, what a charming personal message, ORR.

But, hey, what should I expect from someone who quotes themselves in their own signature?

And I'm the tool...  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:08:37 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »

In seriousness, I've been to the epicenter of where both bombs detonated. They're amazing places, and if anyone is in Japan for a visit, you have to stop by the Peace Park in Hiroshima.

What are your favorite places to travel to?  Cheesy
I've been to both places as well. I go to Japan every couple of years to visit my grandmother and aunt. They live in Tokyo, which is where we mainly stay, but we have visited Hiroshima and Nagasaki once.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 09:23:07 PM »

But, hey, what should I expect from someone who quotes themselves in their own signature?

And I'm the tool...  Roll Eyes
By the way, it's a banable offense to ref a PM in a post. You are one of those guys that have to act out in public. Be a big boy and write me back. You have taken like three shots in this thread. Instead of sinking to your level, which is criticizing someone for expressing their opinion, I acted like an adult and PMd you. Say, you aren't Nickos twin?

bluesno1fann
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 09:28:40 PM »

I honestly don't know how that's relevant at all.

But....

Japan was refusing to surrender and was prolonging the war and just generally causing all sorts of problems. So, in an effort to end the biggest war that mankind has ever seen, he dropped the bombs. I may not personally agree with killing innocent people, but he wasn't just sitting behind a desk thinking "I'm feeling like genocide today."
Japan was on the verge of surrender. The core government was having meetings every day to discuss the increasingly desperate situation. Their supplies and ammunition were next-to-none. The Americans were fire-bombing everyday. The war was pretty much over.
In any case, I don't think even one was enough. The Soviet Union invaded Manchuria the same day Nagasaki was destroyed. Within days, Japan lost Manchuria, as well as the majority of what was left of their supplies.
Point being, the first bomb was unnecessary. It was the Soviets that would have made Japan surrender, not the A-bombs. And do you honestly feel it's right to kill a hundred thousand people instantly, and many more people dying slowly and painfully with skin hanging off their bodies, from being burned to death, drinking poisoned water, drowning in boiling rivers when they were desperately trying to cool down, and finally, slowing dying from Radiation sickness decades after the explosion. Keep in mind these were nearly all civillians . Do you honestly feel that's the right thing to do? Imagine if you were one of the victims. Nothing justifies the use of the A-bombs.

And yes, it's irrelevant to what we were originally talking about lol.  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:30:39 PM by rockno1fann » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 09:31:20 PM »

You are exactly right. We didn't have to nuke Japan. We studied various scenarios at SWOS, surface warfare officers school and it was the curriculum assessment that a Naval blockade would have  ended the war with very little loss of life.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 09:31:57 PM »

And I'm the tool...  Roll Eyes
By the way, it's a banable offense to ref a PM in a post. You are one of those guys that have to act out in public. Be a big boy and write me back. You have taken like three shots in this thread. Instead of sinking to your level, which is criticizing someone for expressing their opinion, I acted like an adult and PMd you. Say, you aren't Nickos twin?

As someone who has read the rules, it's a "banable" offense (not really, I'll just have to take break for seven days, and, even then, it's at the moderator's discretion, not yours) to post the contents of said message. You'll notice that I've done no such thing.

Please tell me how writing you back makes me a big boy? I have no intention of filling your desires for some petty argument. How's this for hypocritical - I stand up to you and you respond. See any parallels?

Really? Acted like an adult? Because I'm quite sure a child wrote that PM.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:37:21 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »

You are exactly right. We didn't have to nuke Japan. We studied various scenarios at SWOS, surface warfare officers school and it was the curriculum assessment that a Naval blockade would have  ended the war with very little loss of life.
Not to mention the Soviet Invasion of Manchuria
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2013, 09:33:05 PM »

What are your favorite places to travel to?  Cheesy
I've been to both places as well. I go to Japan every couple of years to visit my grandmother and aunt. They live in Tokyo, which is where we mainly stay, but we have visited Hiroshima and Nagasaki once.

Despite it's military intentions that have only (relatively) recently changed, it's a very peaceful country. I have spent 3 weeks backpacking through the rural mountains of Shikoku, a famous island used  by pilgrims to aid in their quest of spiritual enlightenment. 88 temples ring the island, and there is some great scenery. And food.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: