gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 07:28:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you consider to be the worst song of all-time?  (Read 45404 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2014, 10:14:55 PM »

RetroKid and I are getting sick and tired of being branded as trolls.
In no way are we trolls.

In fact I have always hated trolls, and the fact that you guys think I am when I am just defending my idol is just outrageous!

END OF DISCUSSION!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:39 PM »

Dennis is respected in BBs fandom , he only needs defense from Jon stebbins, howie edelson, and Ed Roach on serious topics

recently he hasn't been respected, unfortunately and it amazes me how people aren't recognizing it  Undecided

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2014, 10:17:19 PM »

RetroKid and I are getting sick and tired of being branded as trolls.
In no way are we trolls.

In fact I have always hated trolls, and the fact that you guys think I am when I am just defending my idol is just outrageous!

END OF DISCUSSION!
High Five Angry

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2014, 10:17:43 PM »

Dennis is a rock star, not an idol.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2014, 10:18:34 PM »

Dennis is a rock star, not an idol.

he said "my idol"

-Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2014, 10:19:49 PM »

he went too far with his "exalting Dennis" comment

Okay, this isn't even attacking Dennis. This is him making a comment (that I can sort of see where' he coming from with) about the way Dennis is treated around these parts. He has become "sacred cow" in these recent times and he's just pointing that out.

How many other people have you noticed around here that genuinely don't like Dennis, or his music, much?

Great Point. Not to mention how while a lot of the things said about Dennis is very positive, there's still a lot of things said about him which is quite negative

"sacred cow"?  If anything Brian's the "sacred cow" (and I love Brian and his music don't get me wrong).  I know people out there like his stuff but a lot that I've read that have to do with Dennis are either alcoholism, womanizing, or Charles Manson how is that treating him like a "sacred cow"?  Huh and maybe they've been giving him more attention recently is because of the 30th anniversary of his death

I know right "sacred cow"? I don't know which statement was worse  Undecided

are you serious

Yes, I am. I don't get how you don't see how that comment was in horrible taste. Huh

No, please explain to me.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »

You know how many copies POB sold when it was first released right?

And you know how many it sold when it was recently reissued...right?

Dennis is not underrated, so I don't know why you think he is. Your constant posting in his 'defense' has almost become trolling.
I meant to the General Public and the Casual BB's fans

I know what you meant. The general public bought all of those copies of POB. The only BB solo album that may have sold more copies than POB would be BWPS.
It still didn't sell that much. In fact none of his singles even charted.

The only member who is close to being a household name is Brian Wilson. And for the majority of the public who do know him, he's still that dumb cute surfer drummer.

POB rarely makes it to Greatest Albums of All-time lists, which it should. It still remains forgotten to the majority of the public.
300,000 people isn't that many people.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2014, 10:22:33 PM »

Brian was the greatest, there  is no argument over that.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2014, 10:22:43 PM »

he went too far with his "exalting Dennis" comment

Okay, this isn't even attacking Dennis. This is him making a comment (that I can sort of see where' he coming from with) about the way Dennis is treated around these parts. He has become "sacred cow" in these recent times and he's just pointing that out.

How many other people have you noticed around here that genuinely don't like Dennis, or his music, much?

Great Point. Not to mention how while a lot of the things said about Dennis is very positive, there's still a lot of things said about him which is quite negative

"sacred cow"?  If anything Brian's the "sacred cow" (and I love Brian and his music don't get me wrong).  I know people out there like his stuff but a lot that I've read that have to do with Dennis are either alcoholism, womanizing, or Charles Manson how is that treating him like a "sacred cow"?  Huh and maybe they've been giving him more attention recently is because of the 30th anniversary of his death

I know right "sacred cow"? I don't know which statement was worse  Undecided

are you serious

Yes, I am. I don't get how you don't see how that comment was in horrible taste. Huh

No, please explain to me.

The explanation is in many of my other posts and I'm sick of retyping it.  but you haven't explained to us how Dennis is the "sacred cow" yet, so if you please, enlighten us.

-Dennis Wilson
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2014, 10:24:19 PM »

Brian was the greatest, there  is no argument over that.

That doesn't mean the rest of them didn't have talent which is what we've been trying to say  Angry and Dennis is the one who stepped up musically the most when Brian couldn't take it anymore, remember?

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2014, 10:24:59 PM »

That's correct.
But it doesn't mean Dennis should have merely a cult following!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »

That's correct.
But it doesn't mean Dennis should have merely a cult following!

I don't know whether to laugh or be insulted that you two feel such presumption.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2014, 10:30:11 PM »

Yeah, where are these opinions coming from? Neither of you have been in the Beach Boys hardcore super fandom world for very long, and Dennis's music has been out there a long time.....

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2014, 10:33:20 PM »

So, you're reason for my comment being in horrible taste is that people always bring up stuff about Dennis's past.

No, I guess you're right. It's not like anybody ever talks about that whole "drugs and mental illness"-thing with Brian. Nope.
No one ever talks about that whole Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thing and SIP and selling out musically with Mike. That doesn't happen.

Honestly, for how much you complain about it, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS BROUGHT UP ANY CONNECTION TO CHARLES MANSON. CONSISTENTLY.

Dennis is constantly built up around these parts. His songwriting is praised and he is consistently lauded for REACHING OR SUCCEEDING what Brian was doing at the same time. Everyone idolizes him and everyone considers his death to be the point of no return for the Beach Boys. People give his one and only solo album, POB, super reviews and everyone says it's their favorite Beach Boy-related item. If you say one bad thing about Dennis, you have his loyal fans hop all over you. I don't know how you're oblivious to it, but he is a hero around these parts.

Which brings up another point: what gives you any right to say that you know what it's like around here? You've been here for 17 days. Why don't you wait around a bit and see the overwhelming love for Dennis that exists here?
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2014, 10:34:14 PM »

Nono Woodstock. Mess has been around for the super long period of 6 months. He is not new. Lol
bluesno1fann
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2014, 10:35:40 PM »

So, you're reason for my comment being in horrible taste is that people always bring up stuff about Dennis's past.

No, I guess you're right. It's not like anybody ever talks about that whole "drugs and mental illness"-thing with Brian. Nope.
No one ever talks about that whole Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thing and SIP and selling out musically with Mike. That doesn't happen.

Honestly, for how much you complain about it, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS BROUGHT UP ANY CONNECTION TO CHARLES MANSON. CONSISTENTLY.

Dennis is constantly built up around these parts. His songwriting is praised and he is consistently lauded for REACHING OR SUCCEEDING what Brian was doing at the same time. Everyone idolizes him and everyone considers his death to be the point of no return for the Beach Boys. People give his one and only solo album, POB, super reviews and everyone says it's their favorite Beach Boy-related item. If you say one bad thing about Dennis, you have his loyal fans hop all over you. I don't know how you're oblivious to it, but he is a hero around these parts.

Which brings up another point: what gives you any right to say that you know what it's like around here? You've been here for 17 days. Why don't you wait around a bit and see the overwhelming love for Dennis that exists here?
I barely even mentioned Manson.

Though I get the feeling you're talking to Retrokid. Which in that case I won't get involved
bluesno1fann
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2014, 10:36:10 PM »

Is it just me or this argument is getting a little silly?
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »

Yeah, where are these opinions coming from? Neither of you have been in the Beach Boys hardcore super fandom world for very long, and Dennis's music has been out there a long time.....

unless I'm reading something that has Jon Stebbins or Ed Roach's names attached to it somehow, all I see is either something about the alcoholism ruining shows, the womanizing, or Charles Manson-some people even believe that it was entirely Denny's fault and it wasn't  Angry.

-Dennis Wilson
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2014, 10:43:04 PM »

Is it just me or this argument is getting a little silly?
You're just now thinking that?  LOL

It really is redundant, and it's going absolutely nowhere. You all should just call it a night.  Smiley
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2014, 10:44:38 PM »

I was mainly talking about Gabo's comment and I know that Dennis is loved here. I've only been posting for 17 days but I've been reading these threads for a long while now before becoming a member.  and I have no doubt that he's loved on this message board, but a lot of times (not here) I've  seen him stereotyped as the dumb, blonde, talentless surfer boy, clubber who brought a murderer in his house.  and from what I've seen Gabo comes across to me as one of those people and you've been defending him this whole time
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:46:33 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

-Dennis Wilson
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2014, 10:47:45 PM »

I think rather than defending Dennis, you are actually defending yourself because you somehow identify with your perception of how Dennis was treated as an extension of how you are treated. That is why you get offended.

I am not far off the mark, am I?
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 07, 2014, 10:49:44 PM »

yeah, you know what, i give up

you win

Dennis is perfect and beautiful and a genius and cool and perfect and he can't do anything wrong and if you say that you don't like him i will find you and fight you while drinking a beverage i've brewed from the tears i've cried over reading judgments that i don't personally agree with and, if i dont personally agree with it, then its wrong

posters beware

retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 07, 2014, 10:55:39 PM »

I think rather than defending Dennis, you are actually defending yourself because you somehow identify with your perception of how Dennis was treated as an extension of how you are treated. That is why you get offended.

I am not far off the mark, am I?

Well, I don't like the fact that we've been treated like we're some kind of trolls and we're not (I understand why you thought that though because it was your thread).  I love all the Beach Boys not just Dennis and I initially was reacting to Gabo's comment, and it happened to be at the same time MessofHelp responded to it too, and from then on people have turned us into the bad guys.  We apologized to you for spamming your thread and it's been peaceful there since.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:07:52 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

-Dennis Wilson
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 07, 2014, 11:00:14 PM »

yeah, you know what, i give up

you win

Dennis is perfect and beautiful and a genius and cool and perfect and he can't do anything wrong and if you say that you don't like him i will find you and fight you while drinking a beverage i've brewed from the tears i've cried over reading judgments that i don't personally agree with and, if i dont personally agree with it, then its wrong

posters beware

it's not about winning  Angry if you can't see where I'm coming from that's cool with me.  I'm not trying to turn Dennis into some kind of god, that's not my angle.  All I initially was trying to say is that the beach boys are each talented in their own ways and not everyone is going to be "as good as Brian" so what's the point of putting the others (Dennis) down, that's all.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:23:11 AM by retrokid67 » Logged

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2014, 04:58:37 PM »

I think someone should get back on topic. Enough with the sidetrack or else I have no choice but to lock this thread.

I'd post another music video of a horrible song, but I can't think of one at the moment lol
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx