gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681447 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 08:14:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you consider to be the worst song of all-time?  (Read 45874 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2013, 01:40:49 AM »

f*** Kayne West that talentless douchebag!

You might personally dislike him and I'm not really a fan of his either but talentless?  Far from it.
Listen to that song again. Then tell me he's talented
I don't dislike Kanye, but honestly that is the first song of his I think I have ever listened to (Bound 2). It had some interesting segments but his rap sections I thought were awful. A good candidate for this thread.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2013, 09:14:11 AM »

You might personally dislike him and I'm not really a fan of his either but talentless?  Far from it.

One bad song isn't reason to discount someone's entire body of work and call them untalented.
It's not just that song. Most of his songs are fucking horrible

Really? He is a man who consistently gets superb reviews for his albums.
I understand if you don't enjoy rap, as I don't either, but you must admit there is a reason he gets great reviews.

But, no, let's go with your logic.
I hate "4th of July." It's way overblown, plodding, and boring. What a hack Dennis was!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:53:21 AM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2013, 10:17:34 AM »

One bad song isn't reason to discount someone's entire body of work and call them untalented.

I understand if you don't enjoy rap, as I don't either, but you must admit there is a reason he gets great reviews.

I hate "4th of July." It's way overblown, plodding, and boring. What a hack Dennis was!

Most of his songs are probably like that.

Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »

Well, in the case of Dennis, most of songs are indeed overblown, plodding, and boring, but at least he (co)wrote Forever. I'm not a fan of his style at all.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2013, 03:23:40 PM »

Well, in the case of Dennis, most of songs are indeed overblown, plodding, and boring, but at least he (co)wrote Forever. I'm not a fan of his style at all.
WRONG! Imho
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »

WRONG! Imho

Wrong!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2013, 03:37:06 PM »

What do you mean? How can I be wrong this time?
I was just expressing my surprise at how Gabo considers most of Denny's songs as "overblown, plodding, and boring"
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2013, 03:50:34 PM »

I was just expressing my surprise at how Gabo considers most of Denny's songs as "overblown, plodding, and boring"

For one, you said "WRONG!" which is not only surprise, but a disagreement with his views. Secondly, you said "In my honest opinion."

I was disagreeing with you're opinion that Gabo is incorrect.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2013, 05:34:13 PM »

I was disagreeing with you're opinion that Gabo is incorrect.
As I also said,  I was giving my opinion. I was also surprised as well
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2014, 04:13:10 AM »

Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode?
Found accidentally the version I was referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Waojlo0Us
Total dreck, video too.

2Woodstock: actually, this is worse than original: Bay City Rollers - Be My Baby
At least when they did Don't Worry Baby, there were some tasteful arrangement choices like steel drums. Still I think it is a good band; "Shang-a-Lang" rocks!

2onkster: "Moulty" ain't good, yes (boring spoken verses), but I wouldn't call it "the worst". Take It or Leave It, The Barbarians rule!

2Mr. Waves: while I've never been a fan of Grace's voice (and Jefferson Airplane, for that matter), I thought she sounded (and looked) cool on "We Built This City". Same is the other singer; the song in general is very strong, with lots of hooks & earworms. One of the rare cases when I liked the 80s music.

Adrian Baker's cover of Sherry is deeply disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYFmdRCIW1U
Here's a better v-n: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Dc5ldEISY

2Smilin Ed H: I second you on Bohemian Rhapsody, it's pretty overrated but again, it's far from being the worst contender imo.

2phirnis: the video is garbage, but I have to admit I liked the melody. Arrange the song differently & now we're talking.

i'll go with "Mrs. Brown" or "Henry the VIII" by Herman's Hermits.
Of all the songs posted here undeservedly, your choice is the most I disagree with. Those 2 are my favorite Hermits songs - in fact, the only ones I never forget including to my assorted 60s playlists.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2014, 07:48:38 AM »

I can't think of any songs worse than Christmas Shoes.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
bluesno1fann
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »

2Mr. Waves: while I've never been a fan of Grace's voice (and Jefferson Airplane, for that matter), I thought she sounded (and looked) cool on "We Built This City". Same is the other singer; the song in general is very strong, with lots of hooks & earworms. One of the rare cases when I liked the 80s music.

2Smilin Ed H: I second you on Bohemian Rhapsody, it's pretty overrated but again, it's far from being the worst contender imo.

We Built This City is pretty underrated. The lyrics suck, granted. But other than that I've never had a problem with that song. In fact, I sort-of like it.

Yes, Bohemian Rhapsody is very overrated. Never cared for that song, it's too long and very annoying and overplayed. There's so many better Queen songs, yet a lot of people call it their absolute best.
I wouldn't say it's one of their worst songs, it's just their most overrated.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »

Santa's Goin to Kokomo .. Wrinkles...   Anything to do with RAP music.. Trans lp Neil Young.. Winchester Cathedral   TV show  HE HAW {C+W}  Spirit in the Sky  Norman Greenbaum  Anything by Tim Buckley  Tip toe thru the tulips 
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2014, 04:20:44 PM »

I can't think of any songs worse than Christmas Shoes.

Amen and Amen.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2014, 04:31:59 PM »

Santa's Goin to Kokomo .. Wrinkles...   Anything to do with RAP music.. Trans lp Neil Young.. Winchester Cathedral   TV show  HE HAW {C+W}  Spirit in the Sky  Norman Greenbaum  Anything by Tim Buckley  Tip toe thru the tulips 
What's so bad about Spirit In The Sky?
It's a great song, great one-hit wonder!
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »

(oops)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:40:25 PM by Menace Wilson » Logged

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »

Holy crap, that's an abomination.

"Jeff, you care." --BW
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »

"Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep", "Friday" "I Whip My Hair Back and Forth" three way tie  Wall

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »

I see the Dennis hate hasn't stopped  Undecided  it's amazing how certain people on this board can get away with disrespect but the people who stand up to it are called trolls  Huh.  What kind of sense does that make?  Angry
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:02:47 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2014, 07:45:09 PM »

I think Transformer Man from Trans is a classic.  Worked well acoustically on his un-plugged album

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2014, 07:55:47 PM »

I see the Dennis hate hasn't stopped  Undecided  it's amazing how certain people on this board can get away with disrespect but the people who stand up to it are called trolls  Huh.  What kind of sense does that make?  Angry
It's actually only really Gabo who does it. The others aren't so bad
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »

yea but it doesn't help that they're letting him get away with it and are too busy trying to put us down  Sad

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2014, 08:41:39 PM »

yea but it doesn't help that they're letting him get away with it and are too busy trying to put us down  Sad
True. But what can we do? lol
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2014, 08:53:05 PM »

That's because most of us understand that everyone here is entitled to their own opinion and that we don't have to constantly battle them in hopes of winning over said person to our side because that will most likely not happen and is therefore a futile effort.

The reason they "put you down" was because you were flooding a thread with comments that served no purpose other than to proclaim your own opinions, which, if you had stated once or twice in rebuttal, would have been fine. This was not the case.

Also, consider the context of your posts. The thread was a completely inappropriate place to say the amount of things that you did. Consider starting your own thread instead of bogging down someone else's.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2014, 08:53:32 PM »

The real question psi why do you feel so threatened that you feel the need to police his posts.  police
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx