gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681516 Posts in 27641 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 05:49:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steinbeck  (Read 1610 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:28:47 AM »

Got some presents this weekend from a good friend of mine. Don't you just love it when you have friends that know your musical obsession and know how to surprise you?   Smiley

Guess I have read it and then listen to the Saga again...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »

Brilliant! I never knew which of stienbeck's books were referenced, now I know! And what great friends you have to know your music that well  Grin

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »

steinbecks last great piece of work.  Steinbeck wrote a great deal about the Montery Pennensula and surrounding area where Al Jardine lives to this day.   every year I spend a couple of weeks in the area and when I drive down to Big Sur, guess what's playing on the mp3?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 07:18:29 PM »

What?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »

u know wat.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 08:30:06 PM »

no, wat?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »

u no
california girls

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »

Oh yeah.  Shoulda known that.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 09:00:31 PM »

Got some presents this weekend from a good friend of mine. Don't you just love it when you have friends that know your musical obsession and know how to surprise you?   Smiley

Guess I have read it and then listen to the Saga again...
I read Travels with Charlie because of that lyric. Pretty good book!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx