gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681434 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 01:34:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Trading Cards !!  (Read 73729 times)
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2013, 08:50:48 AM »

Can somebody enlighten me on the whole card collecting phenomenon?  What exactly is the appeal of collecting something that is rare only because somebody at a factory hasn't hit "Print" more?
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2013, 09:10:47 AM »

Can somebody enlighten me on the whole card collecting phenomenon?  What exactly is the appeal of collecting something that is rare only because somebody at a factory hasn't hit "Print" more?

You said it.   Wink

Probably the cards with fabric swatches/ autographs/ guitar picks/ and limited or one-offs are going to be able to increase in value. Aside from viewing it as an investment I was impressed with the quality of the cards, some photos of BB I havent seen before or in much better quality. All the cards are very nice. I even got a BB road case card...the "indian" logo was stenciled on this case. I thought that was an unusual idea and departure from the mugshots and group photos.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »

Maybe have to go back tomorrow and see if any say Hot Pack  ( unless they're all sold out....)

The store I went to has them on a rack just past the line of checkout registers.  went back this morning, and didn't see anything on any of the packs to signify "hot".

Must be "Dealer Talk" to get the people on ebay to bid way more than these retail packs are worth. We will see when their feedback starts coming in! If dealers are assuming the thicker ones all have goodies in them they will find out otherwise when people complain about "getting a rock" in their trick or treat bags.  Grin

I will still grab a few packs at the Target or Walmart just for kicks. Who knows I might get lucky with a BW sig.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2013, 09:21:08 AM »

Can anyone who has found these at Target find Target’s item identifier number? (Target calls it their DPCI number; it’s different from the actual SKU number on the bar code) The two ways to get it are either to scan the item at the store at one of the “price check” stations (and it will show on the screen), or it should be on the receipt as well if you’ve already purchased them. It’s a nine-digit number that follows this format: 086-02-2525

If anyone can track that down, that would be much appreciated. I can’t find a listing for the cards on the Target website, which would be the other place to possibly find that DPCI number. Thanks!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2013, 09:25:40 AM »

Now why would there be a Mike Love guitar pick? Surely a saxophone reed would be more authentic… [splutter]!

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2013, 10:41:08 AM »

Can anyone who has found these at Target find Target’s item identifier number? (Target calls it their DPCI number; it’s different from the actual SKU number on the bar code) The two ways to get it are either to scan the item at the store at one of the “price check” stations (and it will show on the screen), or it should be on the receipt as well if you’ve already purchased them. It’s a nine-digit number that follows this format: 086-02-2525

If anyone can track that down, that would be much appreciated. I can’t find a listing for the cards on the Target website, which would be the other place to possibly find that DPCI number. Thanks!

If you send me lots of $$, I'll tell you it's 055061945, but if I don't get the $$ you don't get the number...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2013, 11:01:33 AM »

If you send me lots of $$, I'll tell you it's 055061945, but if I don't get the $$ you don't get the number...

Apparently, the blank slugs are to discourage the people who are looking for "hits" by feeling, measuring, weighing the packages. Mfg. also puts the hits (or slugs) in the middle of the pack so no discernable features can be felt. I also read most Hot Packs of any trading cards are scams, so beware.

Necessity knows no law
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2013, 11:04:52 AM »

Apparently, the blank slugs are to discourage the people who are looking for "hits" by feeling, measuring, weighing the packages. Mfg. also puts the hits (or slugs) in the middle of the pack so no discernable features can be felt. I also read most Hot Packs of any trading cards are scams, so beware.

so you're trying to tell me the packs I have could have hits or blanks? Gotta get Superman over here to help....

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but the thicker paks might also have something special you just cant tell by thickness - now I could see a printing plate being much heavier than a paper blank.

Got any that weigh over .08 oz?  Wink

Necessity knows no law
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but the thicker paks might also have something special you just cant tell by thickness - now I could see a printing plate being much heavier than a paper blank.

I think they all weigh the same, so that means they're all blank slugs. Might as well return them for other packs. 

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2013, 01:15:33 PM »

Yeah...don't pack search please lol.

It is HIGHLY FROWNED upon in the hobby.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »

I think they all weigh the same, so that means they're all blank slugs. Might as well return them for other packs. 

No, not particularly. the idea is ALL of them weigh the same .08 with a blank or a concert gear. a pack of standard cards are .06

BUT i dont know what a autograph card looks like. You might get one mixed with common cards in .06 pack?

I would think the cards with picks are thicker but not sure about that either. I need to get examples and weigh them.

Surely a metal plate would cause the pack to exceed an ounce.

Our TARGET had no BB cards at all. Even checked the toy section, nada none. So I guess not all Target stores have them OR they havent stocked them yet.

Necessity knows no law
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »

Anybody know what a parallel card is?

Necessity knows no law
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »

I find it amusing that Target is carrying Beach Boys trading cards. Silly me -  of course, all those 8 year old kids are salivating at the thought of getting a chance at Bruce Johnston's autograph rather than a holographic Pokémon card.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2013, 03:55:29 PM »

Any chance of getting these in the UK?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »

In stores?  I really dont know. You can order a hobby box from blowoutcards or other dealers thats 190 cards
 and you are guaranteed 2 of the concert gear cards (fabric relic) in a box. Not sure what overseas shipping
is gonna cost. It was $10 by UPS in the States.

Did you check ebay UK?

Necessity knows no law
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »

In stores?  I really dont know. You can order a hobby box from blowoutcards or other dealers thats 190 cards
 and you are guaranteed 2 of the concert gear cards (fabric relic) in a box. Not sure what overseas shipping

Did you check ebay UK?

Nought on eBay UK sadly. I think I might have to pass on these sadly Sad

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2013, 04:32:25 PM »

Hey, a bit unrelated, but who was it that was doing the Beach Boys Sims??? That was looking to be awesome!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »

In stores?  I really dont know. You can order a hobby box from blowoutcards or other dealers thats 190 cards

Did you check ebay UK?

found one left on EBay for $79.99 plus $20 shipping to the UK...  
Looks like they're selling like crazy!  Blowout Cards seems to be out of boxes

I returned  the packs I hadn't opened.  
Since most folks here seem to figure they're a waste of time, I expect they'll be selling them at cut-rate prices in no-time-at-all.  

Hey, a bit unrelated, but who was it that was doing the Beach Boys Sims??? That was looking to be awesome!

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?topic=13862.0
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:36:57 PM by bgas » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2013, 04:45:19 PM »

Hypehat.

And 100% agreed - HYPEHAT GET YOUR COMPUTER WORKING AGAIN.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »

In stores?  I really dont know. You can order a hobby box from blowoutcards or other dealers thats 190 cards

Did you check ebay UK?

Since most folks here seem to figure they're a waste of time, I expect they'll be selling them at cut-rate prices in no-time-at-all.  

bgas you should re-read my posts about what I said concerning the thicker / slightly heavier packs. Not all the packs like that have blanks, the blanks are inserted only to confuse buyers whether there is a hit inside or not. With the blank you cant tell -- but it still may be a hit inside. Hope that helps.

Now after I found the two concert gear card in my box I could have quit opening them then but I decided to keep them all.

Necessity knows no law
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »

Did you check ebay UK?

bgas you should re-read my posts about what I said concerning the thicker / slightly heavier packs. Not all the packs like that have blanks, the blanks are inserted only to confuse buyers whether there is a hit inside or not. With the blank you cant tell -- but it still may be a hit inside. Hope that helps.

Now after I found the two concert gear card in my box I could have quit opening them then but I decided to keep them all.

Yeah, you could be right.
I got my box delivered today. For me it's the collectible aspect. I didn't buy it to open it. (Like a sealed LP, I'd never open it)
I'd like to find a sealed box of the Retail cards also. but again, not to open. 
Maybe I'll buy another pack here and there, but I'm not usually lucky that way( bonus), so... 

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2013, 10:18:04 PM »

Really?

I wouldnt have the will power. Gotta see whats inside all those packages.  Grin

Necessity knows no law
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »

I bought 2 Hobby Boxes and ended up with 5 Concert Gear cards.  There were 3 Al Jardines, 1 Mike Love, and 1 David Marks.  The signature cards seem to be very tough to find.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2013, 05:52:25 AM »

I bought 2 Hobby Boxes and ended up with 5 Concert Gear cards.  There were 3 Al Jardines, 1 Mike Love, and 1 David Marks.  The signature cards seem to be very tough to find.

Thats great - you got 1 extra somehow as each box is only supposed to have two of them.

LUCKY you!  Grin

I'll be looking for Autos elsewhere than buying box after box,

Necessity knows no law
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx