gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:48:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Trading Cards !!  (Read 72527 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 14, 2013, 08:52:57 AM »

I still intend to post some more pics of the cards maybe I will find the time this weekend.

You can probably just pull them off Ebay and save yourself some time.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2013, 09:17:01 AM »

It really seems funny that none of the David Marks signature cards have turned up.  There have been no reported finds of any of these cards and there are no pictures to be found of them.  It's been confirmed that David did sign at least 70 of the cards, but where are they?  It is just chance that none have surfaced, or is Panini intentionaly withholding them?

Izzat you selling 4 autograph cards right now on de Bay?

No, I am a collector, not a dealer.  I have all four of the autographed cards and would really like to find one of Davids to complete a set.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2013, 09:31:07 AM »

It really seems funny that none of the David Marks signature cards have turned up.  There have been no reported finds of any of these cards and there are no pictures to be found of them.  It's been confirmed that David did sign at least 70 of the cards, but where are they?  It is just chance that none have surfaced, or is Panini intentionaly withholding them?

Izzat you selling 4 autograph cards right now on de Bay?

No, I am a collector, not a dealer.  I have all four of the autographed cards and would really like to find one of Davids to complete a set.

I'm telling ya, they've all got to be in my sealed box!  So send me $450 and I'll ship you the box. That's only about $6 each, figuring all 70 are in there...

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 08, 2014, 03:53:31 PM »

Lookee here!!  A David Marks autographed card for sale: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331103320266   

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2014, 08:58:31 PM »

Anyone still have interest in these?  Seller on Ebay has two sealed retail boxes for $60.88 each( including free shipping):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151217751037

Oddly, same seller is also selling two more for $58.64 each ( total including shipping): 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161207665227
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:09:36 PM by bgas » Logged

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2014, 08:19:29 PM »

Thanks for the tip, bgas!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »

I'm still interested in buying the little packs (cuz that's all I can afford), but after finishing off the box at my local Target, they never got another box so, I guess that's it for me (locally)...granted, I prolly have most of the 120 set, but a handful.

Anyone hear about winners of the mail-send in that was on the back? I sent two from my household.  Wink

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2014, 12:57:31 PM »

I'm still interested in buying the little packs (cuz that's all I can afford), but after finishing off the box at my local Target, they never got another box so, I guess that's it for me (locally)...granted, I prolly have most of the 120 set, but a handful.

Anyone hear about winners of the mail-send in that was on the back? I sent two from my household.  Wink
I just recieved my mail in order in the mail, it was sent from Texas on the 28th I believe.
I have a video where I opened it live, will be posting the video in the next few hours.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2014, 04:48:25 PM »

I just recieved my mail in order in the mail, it was sent from Texas on the 28th I believe.
I have a video where I opened it live, will be posting the video in the next few hours.

Be sure to see what came in the envelope  Wink

http://youtu.be/bopyuYFGDa4

~post of the century~
-Mikie

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2014, 06:44:04 PM »

More importantly, now that we have your address, what time will you be gone? 

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2014, 08:35:18 PM »

More importantly, now that we have your address, what time will you be gone? 
Haha, come by whenever.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2014, 02:34:12 PM »

Stopped by the Target on the way home from work and they finally got a box of these cards. Or they've had them for a month and not a single person has purchased a pack. Noticed that some of the packs were noticeably thinner or thicker than others so I grabbed 3 of the larger ones cause those are the ones with the concert used shirts or guitar picks or whatever. Got one of the Brian commemorative picks and 2 white inserts to fool you into thinking you're going to get one of  the concert used shirts or guitar picks or whatever.

Not sure if worth it or not.

No mas, por favor.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2014, 02:45:48 PM »

Stopped by the Target on the way home from work and they finally got a box of these cards. Or they've had them for a month and not a single person has purchased a pack. Noticed that some of the packs were noticeably thinner or thicker than others so I grabbed 3 of the larger ones cause those are the ones with the concert used shirts or guitar picks or whatever. Got one of the Brian commemorative picks and 2 white inserts to fool you into thinking you're going to get one of  the concert used shirts or guitar picks or whatever.

At least you got a pic!  I bought a bunch  of packs and never got sh*t... 
You fell for the insert, just as I did. so, $9-10 spent? 

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2014, 07:12:44 PM »

At least you got a pic!  I bought a bunch  of packs and never got sh*t... 
You fell for the insert, just as I did. so, $9-10 spent? 
Yeah, I'm with you Bgas, I bought a little more than 3/4 of the packs at the box and got 4-5 white inserts and no guitar pic/concert gear/autograph...oh well.

Bgas is right, you spent about 10$ and got a pic! You're very lucky!
I spent about 40-50$ and the best thing I got was the box.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »

You guys are right. I'll try to be more appreciative in the future.  Grin I was pretty stoked when I seen it. It's the one where Brian is behind some fake plants or something. Looks good on the top of my dresser next to my beer bottle collection.

No mas, por favor.
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »

http://youtu.be/l7xIdpcd4s0

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2016, 06:32:04 AM »

My hobby box just arrived in the post for my birthday.

First pack open - only Al Jardine stage worn clothes card! Awesome.

24 packs. So far I've openend 7 packs - I'm trying to make it last all day whilst I drink wine and have a couple of smokes.

I'll keep you updated...  Grin

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2016, 04:21:19 PM »

Ok, here's the update you are all clearly clamouring for;

Opened full hobby box. Got full 120 set with loads of gold surfer imprints, 2x Clothing Cards (Al and Bruce), 1x Artists proof, loads of cool little collections.

Then my friend came round and we got drunk and made this with the swaps....

How was your Friday night?

Jim Murphy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2016, 04:31:43 PM »

Rentatris

I've gotta say . . . I really enjoyed your last two posts, your enthusiasm over the trading cards, the wine, the smokes, your collage.  Thanks for sharing.  They are pretty cool, aren't they? 
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2016, 07:09:42 AM »

Rentatris

I've gotta say . . . I really enjoyed your last two posts, your enthusiasm over the trading cards, the wine, the smokes, your collage.  Thanks for sharing.  They are pretty cool, aren't they? 

Thanks mate, I'm really enjoying collecting anything Beach Boys related at the moment, its really giving me a kick (and an empty bank)

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »

Beach Boys spoons??!!
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 17, 2016, 12:23:27 AM »

Beach Boys spoons??!!

Yeah  Grin

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,22912.0.html

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 26, 2016, 07:17:44 PM »

My daughter just found a few of the small packs in the local Dollar store near her house. she bought all they had.  I had forgotten about them being discussed herE.   She gave them to me for a Christmas stocking stuffer today. Pretty cool.  I'll have to inspect them more closely for signatures?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2016, 12:06:35 AM »

My daughter just found a few of the small packs in the local Dollar store near her house. she bought all they had.  I had forgotten about them being discussed herE.   She gave them to me for a Christmas stocking stuffer today. Pretty cool.  I'll have to inspect them more closely for signatures?
Is that Dollar Tree? All of our Dollar Store's closed, but we still have the Tree.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 28, 2016, 01:45:10 AM »

had these trading cards come out some 30 years ago, hell I would've been jumping butter beans to get the complete set.
now I don't own one card, nor do I really care in collecting, unless a complete set came up for sale.
great idea, they were just 30 years too late when card collecting was 'cool'.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx