gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 02:10:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ouch!....Al Opens Up Again.  (Read 24484 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2013, 01:24:14 AM »

But Al is jeopardizing the chances of him, Brian, Dave, Mike and Bruce ever being in the same room again, let alone a stage. The likelihood is getting smaller and smaller with every interview. He needs to be quiet for a few months.

He can't be quiet for a few months on the urging of a few fans online, he's gonna be doing press for radio/web/newspapers(all 3 of them left) for the next few months for the tour and fielding a lot of questions. What, he's supposed to play mute now and not talk to get on Mike Love's good side? Weird thinking.  That train left the station and there's a lot of hard work and travel to do. That hard work involves dealing with the press. I imagine that white suit stinks of sweat and wheat germ... and lots of his wrinkles are from pretending to laugh at journalists making the same joke about dentists.

Don't worry, Mr Positivity will have his say and react all squinty-eyed soon to the Boise Picayune-Examiner or something. All full of joy and benevolence wishing Cousin Brian the best and then we can admire his big heart - truly as vast as the ocean. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:47:55 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Nicko1234
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2013, 02:06:44 AM »

Let him! Al can say whatever he wants short of slander. It's gettin' real late in the game here - water's already under the bridge and we're headed for the finish line. Either sh*t or get off the pot. The 3 or 4 REAL Beach Boys are going into the studio to make a record and Mike can't put his name on it. It's Mike's problem if he and Bruce the Coattail Rider can't get their sh*t together and join forces. This is good for the fans. We got a big gun named Jeff Beck. And we got Blondie Chaplin. Can't go wrong with this band, at least for the short term!

Mike kicked Al outta the band and he sued him AND Brian. Seems like they got past their differences to do the C50 and then Mike bailed. Al's had enough bullshit and so has Brian. I find it hard to blame those guys.

Ah, so Blondie is a REAL Beach Boy and Bruce is the 'coattail rider'? Now there's a well balanced view of things. LOL
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2013, 02:30:04 AM »

This is sooooo tiring. Same old, same old. Remember when Al kissed Mike's ass in the 70s? Ah, those were the days. Everything was more harmonious then.
MBE
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2013, 02:54:02 AM »

Yeah who would have thunk anyone could call 1977-79 Beach Boys pretty harmonious in comparison!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2013, 02:55:55 AM »

This is sooooo tiring. Same old, same old. Remember when Al kissed Mike's ass in the 70s? Ah, those were the days. Everything was more harmonious then.

Not for the Wilsons, it wasn't.  There's always been strife in this band, one way or another.  They're just too old now to let it go anymore, for better or worse.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2013, 04:43:29 AM »

Actually the one guy in all this who always acts as a gent is David Marks. No backbiting from him and he stood to lose a lot more than Al with the C50 ending. Al needs to button it because the day will come when the BW wivesandmanagers machine decides he's served his purpose and jettisons him again.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2013, 05:21:32 AM »

Not for the Wilsons, it wasn't.  There's always been strife in this band, one way or another.  They're just too old now to let it go anymore, for better or worse.

I was being ironic...
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2013, 05:42:48 AM »

Besides, perhaps its time we all stopped fighting it and just accepted the truth: maybe Mike is an arsehole.  Smiley

Al's been with him for 40 years. He should know.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2013, 06:55:06 AM »

Actually the one guy in all this who always acts as a gent is David Marks.

I think that might be right but I think David is a classy guy who wishes they all could get along. Which I bet they do get along better than we presume.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2013, 08:46:55 AM »

Let him! Al can say whatever he wants short of slander. It's gettin' real late in the game here - water's already under the bridge and we're headed for the finish line. Either sh*t or get off the pot. The 3 or 4 REAL Beach Boys are going into the studio to make a record and Mike can't put his name on it. It's Mike's problem if he and Bruce the Coattail Rider can't get their sh*t together and join forces. This is good for the fans. We got a big gun named Jeff Beck. And we got Blondie Chaplin. Can't go wrong with this band, at least for the short term!

Mike kicked Al outta the band and he sued him AND Brian. Seems like they got past their differences to do the C50 and then Mike bailed. Al's had enough bullshit and so has Brian. I find it hard to blame those guys.

Ah, so Blondie is a REAL Beach Boy and Bruce is the 'coattail rider'? Now there's a well balanced view of things. LOL

Ya like that, eh?  Smiley

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2013, 09:08:07 AM »

Bruce has more "credit" to call himself a Beach Boy. But at least Blondie won't want to play Kokomo and Barbra-fucking-Ann.  Grin Maybe we'll get lucky and hear/see a revival of Funky Pretty.  Cool

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2013, 09:14:57 AM »

Actually the one guy in all this who always acts as a gent is David Marks. No backbiting from him and he stood to lose a lot more than Al with the C50 ending. Al needs to button it because the day will come when the BW wivesandmanagers machine decides he's served his purpose and jettisons him again.

Word.  Rock!

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2013, 09:22:46 AM »

That's a given no matter what. Seems no one stays in Brian's circle for too long a time. I am amazed that the majority of his band has stayed intact for as long as it has.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Jason
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2013, 09:56:50 AM »

Al is certainly bitter, isn't he?

The 50th Anniversary Tour had a set end date; people need to get over it and move on. Don't want to see the Mike and Bruce show? Don't see it. Go see Brian, Al, and David (and possibly Blondie).
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2013, 10:43:16 AM »

You know, maybe I'm just not cynical enough for this board.  So, since I'm so darn blissfully naive, Im just going to go on believing that maybe Al and Brian and David actually did enjoy playing together in a band again. And, I'm going to keep thinking that they like making music and just want to keep on going., making new albums and touring together. And, I'll just suppose that maybe they were more than a bit disappointed that Mike decided otherwise. And, maybe that's  all Al's saying.

In my world, I can  think what I want.  Grin

Good post!
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2013, 11:36:22 AM »

Actually the one guy in all this who always acts as a gent is David Marks. No backbiting from him and he stood to lose a lot more than Al with the C50 ending.

Absolutely.  I don't know the full details of Al's relationship with Mike on the C50 tour or whether he was somehow led to believe that the C50 lineup would continue, so I can't say whether his bitterness is justified or not.  Still, he does not come off well when he refers to Mike that way, especially since Mike has avoided saying anything critical of Al since the end of the C50 tour as far as I can remember.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2013, 12:37:46 PM »

Actually the one guy in all this who always acts as a gent is David Marks. No backbiting from him and he stood to lose a lot more than Al with the C50 ending.

Absolutely.  I don't know the full details of Al's relationship with Mike on the C50 tour or whether he was somehow led to believe that the C50 lineup would continue, so I can't say whether his bitterness is justified or not.  Still, he does not come off well when he refers to Mike that way, especially since Mike has avoided saying anything critical of Al since the end of the C50 tour as far as I can remember.
Mike's mentioning of neither Al or Dave is deafening. Complete cold shoulder. That might of pissed him off, as well. Like neither even existed on the tour. It was all Brian.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Nicko1234
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2013, 12:41:46 PM »

Mike's mentioning of neither Al or Dave is deafening. Complete cold shoulder. That might of pissed him off, as well. Like neither even existed on the tour. It was all Brian.

Really? Mike has mentioned all three of them when asked about the tour. On several occasions.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2013, 12:51:14 PM »

Really? Mike has mentioned all three of them when asked about the tour. On several occasions.
Haven't read everything, no time, but when things ended last year, I read Brian mentioning them, but really, not much from Mike. Even if he did mention both, it was nothing close to the amount of times that most interviews centered around Brian.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2013, 01:09:28 PM »

You think this is tough? You should try being a Bucks Fizz fan.
Nicko1234
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2013, 01:57:03 PM »

Haven't read everything, no time, but when things ended last year, I read Brian mentioning them, but really, not much from Mike. Even if he did mention both, it was nothing close to the amount of times that most interviews centered around Brian.

You're right that he didn't and doesn't mention them as much as Brian. But then he isn't asked about them as much as he is asked about Brian...
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2013, 03:21:54 PM »

The 50th Anniversary Tour had a set end date; people need to get over it and move on. Don't want to see the Mike and Bruce show? Don't see it. Go see Brian, Al, and David (and possibly Blondie).

Yeah but some people won't get over it and that is okay too.  The fact that this new Brian Wilson album should've been the second Beach Boys album since the reunion is enough to make some fans myself included very angry.  It doesn't mean we won't support the band but we have a right to retain our anger if that is our predisposition. 

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2013, 03:33:28 PM »

Al should let it go because he's the best one off of any of them. He can still sing pretty close to the way he was when he was young, or at least better than Brian and Mike. He participated in a recording with Bono. Did Brian and Mike do that? No. Brian already dumped Al once and he may again. Al should think about his future career as a solo act and forget about Mike and not put all his eggs in the Brian basket, either.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2013, 03:42:49 PM »

A different definition of bitter than I'm familiar with, I guess.

And I thought people had retired the set end date canard. Even AGD admits that Mike put the kibosh on the whole thing, and that the other parties wanted to continue. No end date is set that has already been extended once and had promoters clamoring for it to be extended again. The whole phrase is a rhetorical conceit meant to cut off dialogue.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2013, 03:48:12 PM »

The 50th Anniversary Tour had a set end date; people need to get over it and move on.

Yeah, who needs The Beach Boys to have a future as a touring and recording act? I so prefer having disparate bands not making Beach Boys albums, not playing the massive gigs they were offered to further bolster the goodwill of a #3 album and a successful worldwide tour, in spite of the fact that it was a real possibility last year. This is fucking amazing.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx