gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 10:20:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More About Brian/ Beck and New Album.  (Read 109845 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 21, 2014, 07:46:15 PM »

He recorded a song called "Run James Run." that's interesting...
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 21, 2014, 07:51:18 PM »

You don't have Al on your album for his great guitar playing or songwriting skills, given that he has neither.

You have him on there for his voice. Leads and backgrounds on a few songs, given that it's a BW solo album, is precisely what one would expect from Al's involvement.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: April 21, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »

I have no idea what may come of these album sessions. But Al’s level of involvement (and non-involvement) isn’t surprising at all. This was never a “Wilson & Jardine” album. It’s a Brian album with other guests.

Actually, to read some posts here from several months back, you'd think it was a Beach Boys album without Mike & Bruce, and some folk seemed pretty happy about that.

Originally, the strong impression given was that it was a joint Wilson/Beck album, but to judge from Jeff's comments earlier this year, that's dead in the water, so we've got a BW + friends album, with Joe Thomas at the helm.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 21, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »

You don't have Al on your album for his great guitar playing or songwriting skills, given that he has neither.

You have him on there for his voice. Leads and backgrounds on a few songs, given that it's a BW solo album, is precisely what one would expect from Al's involvement.

Yeah, Al is a total piece of sh*t with a guitar. I just wish all these incompetents like Al, Brian, David etc. would be replaced by professionals because professionals are the best.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 21, 2014, 11:17:34 PM »

I just listen to Imagination produced by Joe "Professional" Thomas and spend 200$ on a meal while others starve and then I never take showerz. I'm just sitting here being a professional while reversing the aging process. I hope they write that I was a professional on my tombstone.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 21, 2014, 11:24:40 PM »

Yeah, Al is a total piece of sh*t with a guitar. I just wish all these incompetents like Al, Brian, David etc. would be replaced by professionals because professionals are the best.

Y'know, none of the Beach Boys played on any of their records thassa fact…

“We live in divisive times.”
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: April 22, 2014, 06:32:50 AM »

I have no idea what may come of these album sessions. But Al’s level of involvement (and non-involvement) isn’t surprising at all. This was never a “Wilson & Jardine” album. It’s a Brian album with other guests.

Actually, to read some posts here from several months back, you'd think it was a Beach Boys album without Mike & Bruce, and some folk seemed pretty happy about that.

Originally, the strong impression given was that it was a joint Wilson/Beck album, but to judge from Jeff's comments earlier this year, that's dead in the water, so we've got a BW + friends album, with Joe Thomas at the helm.

Wasn't Don Was attached to this album at one point?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 22, 2014, 07:10:44 AM »

From Brian's Facebook page:

"Brian at Ocean Way Recording yesterday in L.A. taking a break working on his new album."

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Nicko1234
« Reply #358 on: April 22, 2014, 07:53:45 AM »

Sometimes I feel very sad...

Sorry but that photo is a little difficult to look at.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 22, 2014, 07:57:26 AM »

Why?

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Nicko1234
« Reply #360 on: April 22, 2014, 08:01:52 AM »

Why?

...time, the subtle thief of youth...

In one of the photos taken last month Brian looked 25 years younger.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 22, 2014, 08:31:53 AM »

Bad photos can happen to any of us - as others have said it just depends on the lighting, angle, etc.

Be thankful that man is in a recording studio with a smile on his face!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 22, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »

It's not even a bad photo.. Huh It's a good photo. How do you think he looks? Dude is almost 72. Oh, and about that photo being good - that's an honest smile of his. Always great to see.
Nicko1234
« Reply #363 on: April 22, 2014, 09:27:44 AM »

It's not even a bad photo.. Huh It's a good photo. How do you think he looks? Dude is almost 72. Oh, and about that photo being good - that's an honest smile of his. Always great to see.

I can`t comment on what`s an honest smile or not but, without wishing to sound depressing, some of the photos of the band members recently have struck me as indicators of their mortality (for want of a better expression). Now obviously that`s only natural but it`s still not a pleasant thing to be confronted by.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 22, 2014, 09:32:57 AM »

I can`t comment on what`s an honest smile or not but, without wishing to sound depressing, some of the photos of the band members recently have struck me as indicators of their mortality (for want of a better expression). Now obviously that`s only natural but it`s still not a pleasant thing to be confronted by.
I don't know.. I don't feel that way about seeing current photographs of them. But I guess I can imagine what you mean..
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 22, 2014, 09:48:54 AM »

I understand...the music is so deep and powerful that it's hard to accept the fact the creator of things like Pet Sounds or Til I Die has to die. What he created will last forever but Brian won't - and we're here to witness that end  Sad

I don't think the photos of Brian have been so bad, but the aging is clear, even since C50.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:49:45 AM by Woodstock » Logged

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 22, 2014, 10:20:34 AM »

I think all the Beach Boys look okay for their age, including Brian. There are people their age who look older. The only people who look younger either had plastic surgery or are the freakish minority who look 10 years younger naturally, while most people look their age.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 22, 2014, 10:28:55 AM »

I think all the Beach Boys look okay for their age, including Brian. There are people their age who look older. The only people who look younger either had plastic surgery or are the freakish minority who look 10 years younger naturally, while most people look their age.
The guys look fine for their age - but lately, I am constantly reminded of the age of my heroes...which in turn, is a subtle reminder of my own aging. I guess I really did believe the endless summer was...well...endless.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 22, 2014, 11:52:07 AM »

Not as interesting as how Brian looks in a photo, apparently.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 22, 2014, 11:57:10 AM »

(Months) old news. Wink
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 22, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »

Brian looks 72, simple as that

I've seen photos of the stones, McCartney and all the 60s rockers looking like they're at deaths door. Brian looks normal and at times fantastic

I'm just glad he's still doing what he does best  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 22, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »

McCartney doesn't look like he's at death's door at all.  He looks, acts, and sings great for his age.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 22, 2014, 12:48:50 PM »

Wasn't Don Was attached to this album at one point?

He played bass on some sessions last year.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 22, 2014, 02:03:57 PM »

Yeah, these photos of Brian were bumming me out for a while. But as long as his health is okay is what's important.

Funny enough though, the Beach Boy who I think has aged the worst is Bruce oddly. Sometime within the past five years he's gotten to the point where when he smiles, you can't see his eyes. His face is that saggy. So, ya know, it's just what happens.

Al on the other hand, I know he gets a lot of sh*t for his looks, but I still think he looks good.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:27:59 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 22, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »

I wonder if it's going to be a re-write (variation) of "Pet Sounds" like he did with "Salt lake city" and "Desert Drive"
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx