-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:45:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD banned?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD banned?  (Read 47691 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2013, 07:58:52 AM »

Nothing really, sadly. Thankfully that doesn't really happen too often.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »

I want to make it clear that I do not condone or approve of the actions taken by Ethan in the past. My beef was and is the fact that Ethan was permanently banned for making a remark in this thread that I thought was an obviously sarcastic attempt at humor. Yes, it was in very bad taste. But he wouldn't have made that comment had he not felt like he was being backed into a corner. What he said and did in another thread is in the past. It happened, and can't be taken back. The issue is what he said in this particular thread. He wasn't overly abusive

Stephen, you obviously have every right to be angry, upset and hurt, as you were affected by Ethan's actions in a much more personal way. And before anybody says it, I'm not forgetting about pixletwin. I feel terrible that a child was affected in a way such as this. At this point, I have to confess to not having actually seen what was posted, but I imagine it was pretty horrid. After going over my posts to you in this thread, I realize just how harsh I was being. I apologize to you. I wasn't trying to make you seem like the bad guy, and I wasn't trying to defend Ethan for the actions that upset you so deeply. I apologize if you misunderstood me. I apologize for not wording my post in a better way. It just really annoyed me that Ethan was banned after making a sarcastic comment in reply to quite a few posts from you and The Real Beach Boy about his past behavior. I felt(and still feel) that the events of the past were being unfairly used against him as grounds for a permanent ban.

Alright, I apologize to every single person reading this thread. This place gives me a headache.  Wall

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »

Jay, you were lucky not to see the pictures of the dead bodies and gore. They were some of the most horrifying images I have ever seen.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »

I want to make it clear that I do not condone or approve of the actions taken by Ethan in the past. My beef was and is the fact that Ethan was permanently banned for making a remark in this thread that I thought was an obviously sarcastic attempt at humor. Yes, it was in very bad taste. But he wouldn't have made that comment had he not felt like he was being backed into a corner. What he said and did in another thread is in the past. It happened, and can't be taken back. The issue is what he said in this particular thread. He wasn't overly abusive

Stephen, you obviously have every right to be angry, upset and hurt, as you were affected by Ethan's actions in a much more personal way. And before anybody says it, I'm not forgetting about pixletwin. I feel terrible that a child was affected in a way such as this. At this point, I have to confess to not having actually seen what was posted, but I imagine it was pretty horrid. After going over my posts to you in this thread, I realize just how harsh I was being. I apologize to you. I wasn't trying to make you seem like the bad guy, and I wasn't trying to defend Ethan for the actions that upset you so deeply. I apologize if you misunderstood me. I apologize for not wording my post in a better way. It just really annoyed me that Ethan was banned after making a sarcastic comment in reply to quite a few posts from you and The Real Beach Boy about his past behavior. I felt(and still feel) that the events of the past were being unfairly used against him as grounds for a permanent ban.

Alright, I apologize to every single person reading this thread. This place gives me a headache.  Wall

That's fine Jay.  Smiley I really appreciate that. I enjoy your posts and hate falling out with people, especially someone like you who seems genuinely concerned about upsetting people. A valuable quality!

I've calmed down a bit now as well after all that excitement. We'll agree to differ on the ban, and in any other circumstance I'd probably agree with you.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:56:08 AM by (Stephen Newcombe) » Logged
Jason
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2013, 09:03:13 AM »

Yeah, as far as I was concerned, as soon as he tried to blame us for the fact that he was going to off himself, enough was enough. Especially when he was going to try and make two parents feel guilty over their kids seeing his bullshit, like THEY were somehow responsible for him have flown wayyyyyyyy over the cuckoo's nest. That behavior is NOT tolerated on here and it will not be tolerated under my watch.

We've kept bans on people who have done stuff not even an iota as bad as what he did. He's a manipulative little sociopath. He'll get his one day.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:05:24 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »

Jay, you were lucky not to see the pictures of the dead bodies and gore. They were some of the most horrifying images I have ever seen.
Yes, they were horrific and shocking.  I think that the two posters at issue, are apples and oranges.  Ethan depicted graphic violent images, without a bona fide music nexus.  Andrew can be harsh, but his position isn't violence engendering, and he merely has a low boiling point for statements which are not fully researched.

It seems more a matter of "bedside manner" as we describe doctors in the US. Someone with "poor bedside manner" can be fact specific, and cryptic, rather than one who "holds your hand" before he or she cuts you open on the operating table. I'd rather someone better with the scalpel than his/her mouth if I am in surgery.  Give me Andrew any day.  My opinion.

Ethan's posts with graphic violence, whose images a child could see seems less defensible than Andrew's sometimes cryptic remarks.  Andrew is probably less cryptic in person.  And his scholarship merits being valued.  And he doesn't universally offend everyone.  He has little patience for knuckleheads.  A lot of lurkers as well as registered posters don't understand how depiction of graphic violence is the same banning standard as impertinence.  
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:10:46 AM by filledeplage » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2013, 09:09:09 AM »

Should posters have continually reminded him of his previous f**kup? Probably not - especially since it's apparently something most of you want to forget.

But that's the point. His continued presence made it impossible to forget. And I didn't continually remind him of it. I've stayed quiet for a year. It wasn't till I read his posts on here blaming other people for his outburst and not accepting any responsibility for it that I had a "meltdown". Rightfully so!!

Anyway. Why the f*** am I defending my actions? I took a public stand against someone's abhorrent behaviour, albeit a year later.

I genuinely hope he gets the help he deserves, but a public forum is probably not the best place for someone with his tendencies.

Like Billy, I wasn't talking about you; I was speaking of the posters who continually reminded him of that incident. I'm sure living with aspergers is no cake walk, and he's obviously had some bad days....having to hear constantly about his f**kup was probably grating on his nerves a bit. I respect your feelings on this situation, and can't begin to fathom what it's like for your child to nearly see those pictures (or in Pixletwin's case, actually see them)...and I don't argue that you should be upset. But people who incessantly badgered him about the problem should've gone to the mods if they were truly pissed off....instead of bullying someone who has shown clear signs of disorder.

Anywho, it's all behind us, and I hope Ethan finds a balance in his life.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jason
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »

And as far as the comment by Jay about me banning Ethan because I was pissed off...don't even try to presume what my thinking process was when I made that decision. I did not ban him due to my being pissed off, although I certainly was pissed off at how he was trying to act like the innocent victim and blame others for his lack of mental coherence. I banned him because he was trying to manipulate other members into feeling bad for him - that is absolutely NOT going to be tolerated here under any circumstances.

I believe in second chances, sure...and reluctantly I agreed (with reservations) about letting him back on. The exchanges yesterday with him, pixletwin, and Stephen were the last straw. It was time to correct a mistake and I did it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:15:19 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Jason
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2013, 09:16:55 AM »

hey, unless you have a real life reputation[which I don't. I enjoy anonymity] you gotta kiss some ass around here if you wanna get something done AND avoid the banhammer. I have no issue with [supplication]. I'll swallow what I'm given to swallow.

Yeah, that's baloney, but you can believe what you want to believe.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »

hey, unless you have a real life reputation[which I don't. I enjoy anonymity] you gotta kiss some ass around here if you wanna get something done AND avoid the banhammer. I have no issue with [supplication]. I'll swallow what I'm given to swallow.

Yeah, that's baloney, but you can believe what you want to believe.
wtf hal? That certainly doesn't apply to me....not sure whom you are referring to.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2013, 02:57:02 PM »

To the Mods:

Anyone who is giving you sh*t, please disregard. There are always going to be people who disapprove of every action you take, good or bad. You guys volunteered to do this and I appreciate it. Believe me, you guys are way more tolerant than I would be in the circumstances you sometimes find yourselves in, in here. Overall, you all do a terrific job and have my deepest respect. Sail On...

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Jason
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »

Hey, it's not like we're self-fish or anything. Smiley #smh #fml #lulz #threeletteredinterwebsacronym
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »

speaking of acronyms, can you move runners' thread to the sandbox?

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Jason
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »

Thank you for reminding me; I had meant to move that earlier today. It has been done.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2013, 07:19:21 PM »

It's okay...no worries.

For those asking about Ian Wagner... as he threatened myself and my family he will never be back.

Do you suspect a lot of these people come back with a new name and (worryingly), a new persona? If they don't have a fixed IP address what can you really do to stop them? I'm always on the look out for Ghost's new incarnation

What did Ghost do wrong?

Also, Gertie, again, what's the deal?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:01 PM »

It's okay...no worries.

For those asking about Ian Wagner... as he threatened myself and my family he will never be back.

Do you suspect a lot of these people come back with a new name and (worryingly), a new persona? If they don't have a fixed IP address what can you really do to stop them? I'm always on the look out for Ghost's new incarnation

What did Ghost do wrong?

You have a stalker.  LOL
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2013, 07:31:44 PM »

It's okay...no worries.

What did Ghost do wrong?

I just remember him being a post whore and a troll, but I can't remember what it was that got him banned. I remember he came back later under a different name.

According to the ban log, it was due to 'homophobic post'.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:33:26 PM by I've Just Punched a Face » Logged

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2013, 12:48:26 AM »

It's okay...no worries.

What did Ghost do wrong?

I liked Ghost. (For a while I thought you were Ghost, Runners, as there are similarities) He was banned because people thought he'd made a homophobic remark. He hadn't, but instead of clarifying this, he dug himself a deep hole.

I think Gertie *likes* you, that's why she's being mean.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2013, 01:09:19 AM »

Ghost was cool with me when we talked in PM. A little weird though. We talked about the schizophrenic artist Louis Wain. He said to me "that's the way I always see my cat. She scares the hell out of me".   Grin

Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2013, 06:27:56 AM »

I start a thread about AGD being banned and in the thread another poster gets banned, permanently.  I never realized the sandbox is where all the action is!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2013, 03:33:02 PM »

I start a thread about AGD being banned and in the thread another poster gets banned, permanently.  I never realized the sandbox is where all the action is!

Well, at least it didn't become a Mike-bashing thread!!!   3D

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2013, 09:08:16 PM »

We can look at TRBB's avatar and pretend it did.  Evil

Jason
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2013, 09:37:46 PM »

That's a great avatar. 50th Anniversary Tour Mike. Smiley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2013, 09:49:59 PM »

Really? He looks pretty good. I would have guessed a date of around 1994 for that pic.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »

When's AGD coming back?  I have a need to be insulted!

LOL

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: