gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 09:01:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: a 'smiley smile' chat room?  (Read 24011 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 10:49:09 AM »

I'd vote against a chatroom simply because it's hard enough having to deal with the misfits, trolls and retards here without having to do it in real time. That said, it would have the decided benefit of shutting up those who keep bleating "well just don't read his posts, then".   Grin

It's kind of you offering to serve as a real time moderator and referee. I'm sure that will make for a suitably friendly, welcoming atmosphere in this hypothetical chat room. I think the hammer should be brought down especially hard on poor grammar and people that don't wear yellow on Sunday. After a hard day making stern yet fair judgments with a twinkling eye, you can then you can make parents with special needs kids disgusted by using the word "retards" in 2013.

On the plus side, think of the cliques and gossip that could flourish in a barely comprehensible manner! Somebody post edited highlights.

Speaking of barely comprehensible, I think I agree AND disagree with you so cancelled myself out. I'll get my coat.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:55:06 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 11:03:18 AM »

Chat rooms? That is SO 1995 LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »

I feel it would be useful to blurt quick things, maybe promote something in the SSWMMusic forum, y'know.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 02:55:23 PM »

I feel it would be useful to blurt quick things.

That's how I post on here, I don't need a chat room for that.

Personally I think that the moderator on this hypothetical chat room should get voted in every day. Think of the crazy power struggles that would ensue. The arse licking, the back stabbing. Pass me my hypo-tension pills, I'm logging on.......
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »

Dammit you guys, I tried to set up an IRC channel for this site a few months ago and nobody used it at all

If this happens I'll be so pissed

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 08:32:32 PM »

I'll bet it would eventually devolve into nothing but "a/s/l? wanna cyber?"-type conversations.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2013, 09:19:49 PM »

I'll bet it would eventually devolve into nothing but "a/s/l? wanna cyber?"-type conversations.

Hell naw. Mods. Modbots. Bannings.

Clearly you've never seen an excellent IRC channel Cool

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »

No way. No one in their right mind would want to have cyber sex with a Beach Boys fan:

"A/S/L"?

"Ohhhh yeah. All Summer Long. That's a classic album full of Brian masterpieces."

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »

No way. No one in their right mind would want to have cyber sex with a Beach Boys fan:

"A/S/L"?

"Ohhhh yeah. All Summer Long. That's a classic album full of Brian masterpieces."

LOL LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »

"A/S/L"?

A/S/L is "age", "sex" and "location".

People who were around some 15 years ago remember that infamous acronym. Smiley It was used anywhere and everywhere.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:15:59 PM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »

"A/S/L"?

I knew that. But fine, if you insist. A second Beach Boys fan attempting to cyber sex:

"A/S/L"?

"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 01:19:58 PM »

"A/S/L"?

I knew that. But fine, if you insist. A second Beach Boys fan attempting to cyber sex:

"A/S/L"?

"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"

So what are you doing later tonight?

Age 30. Sex: Yes, please. Location: Butt.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:22:49 PM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 01:22:06 PM »

"A/S/L"?

"A/S/L"?

Post of the year!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »

Egohanger, you champion LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2013, 04:07:48 AM »

What's the diff between what we have here and a chatroom?
Mr. Manning, I wanted to ask exactly the same question but you were faster. As it is known, "chat" is a synonym of "conversation" which we already have with other "BBs freaks" since the whole board's dedicated to the fans of this specific group. After checking the link given by Swedish Frog, I'm going to say the "chat room" idea is rather useless & redundant. Yes, I got now the difference, but it isn't that visible.
However, I'm not against the installment of chat room - if other posters like it, then fine, the majority wins anyway. I myself would definitely ignore this stuff. It's enough for me to talk about The Beach Boys/other music traditionally.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 08:06:27 AM »

I'd love to have voice chatroom. I am so curious as to whether we would be as disrespectful to each other verbally, than we sometimes are in here with the written word. I'm thinking not, as on the whole we are likely better than that.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »

I know its so '1995'...... but im hoping if people are 'good natured'....... Huh?.......

it could work........... why cant we just chat openly about stuff......

those who don't like the idea, do not have to participate......... its that simple.

RickB
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 08:49:44 AM »

I know I havn't posted much here since being a recent member..... though I've 'studied' here for years.....

but why not try the thing out.......

if it don't work, crap the whole thought.....

Rb
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »

Someone here could easily set up a chat room on an IRC site or something and link it here. No need for it to be official. We could set a time and just go there.

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2013, 09:05:02 AM »

Someone here could easily set up a chat room on an IRC site or something and link it here. No need for it to be official. We could set a time and just go there.

I can look into it tonight.

Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »

Sounds like a plan.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:19 AM »

Sounds like a plan.

Plans a like sound.

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »

I'd love to have voice chatroom. I am so curious as to whether we would be as disrespectful to each other verbally, than we sometimes are in here with the written word. I'm thinking not, as on the whole we are likely better than that.

Interesting idea.  I'd love to know what would happen if we all met in person.  Who'd get punched out first? The funny thing is I went almost 15 years before I met another fan. Then I came on here and discovered BB fans are all arseholes.  LOL
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »

Sounds like a plan.

Plans a like sound.
A sound plan like.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2013, 12:54:41 PM »

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:24:16 PM by Swedish Frog » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx