gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 04:34:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIC Price Discussion Thread.  (Read 47294 times)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »

MIC is now listed at $130.10 on Amazon.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2013, 11:28:06 AM »

Its' got to go a lot lower if they want me to keep my order.  3D
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2013, 12:47:02 AM »

My fellow Australians - JB HiFi have finally listed MIC @ $160 ($147 US or 94 quid) with a release date of 30 August for those who don't want to go the Amazon route.

I'll be chatting with a few local (melbourne) indie stores - will post the goods accordingly.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/made-in-california/690231
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:57:16 AM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2013, 11:45:36 AM »

Price alert - on deepdiscount.com, they are having a one day sale 15% off.  With the 15%, the price of the box is $110.49.  Free shipping.  Some may think it's still too expensive but I suspect this is the lowest the price will get pre-release - after release all bets are off.

Don't order from deepdiscount if there's a chance you will cancel your pre-order. There's a good chance they will charge you and ship it regardless. Furthermore deepdiscount has the worst customer service known to man. Funnily enough importCDs is excellent though, even though they have the same owners.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »

I'm really on the fence one whether or not to cancel my Amazon order or the Imports one. Do I pay a little more knowing the customer service might be better? Like $30 more? Sigh.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »

I've not used them before, but I ordered from Bullmoose ... looks like a small indie chain.

$115 + free shipping, no tax + has a clear ship date (8/26) ... I think that's about as good as it's gonna get!

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/14944329/the-beach-boys-made-in-california

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »

I wonder what kind of shipping they use.. did they give you an estimated time of delivery?
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2013, 01:33:25 PM »

I wonder what kind of shipping they use.. did they give you an estimated time of delivery?

have not, but I don't think they're allowed to say they will ship before one day prior.

Their FAQ says, "We ship First Class to New England addresses so local orders often will arrive in a day or two. We ship via UPS Mail Innovations outside New England. They will deliver your order to your post office and the USPS will bring it to your house probably within 5-7 days."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:34:54 PM by DonnyL » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2013, 03:03:22 PM »

I was hoping for otherwise, but looks like I won't be able to afford the boxed set at all. 

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »

have not, but I don't think they're allowed to say they will ship before one day prior.

Their FAQ says, "We ship First Class to New England addresses so local orders often will arrive in a day or two. We ship via UPS Mail Innovations outside New England. They will deliver your order to your post office and the USPS will bring it to your house probably within 5-7 days."

Thanks for sharing that info. Since amazon.de is shipping august 22 with an anticipated delivery between August 31 and September 5, that is almost an identical ETD... Hmmm... I have some thinking to do...
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »

I was hoping for otherwise, but looks like I won't be able to afford the boxed set at all. 

Hey, man. It's okay. You and me, some day, we'll get our boxed set, and more than that, too. And it will be good.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2013, 03:29:38 AM »

By the way, if you think MIC is expensive, try the new Small Faces box set: Ł125 - yes, pounds.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2013, 04:44:44 AM »

I received this e-mail form ImportCDs today:

ImportCDs,

This is an automated email to let you know that the following item has come back in stock at Import CDs.

Beach Boys - Made in California
Qty: 83 (orders allocated on first come, first serve basis)
UPC: 5099923234529
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2013, 07:43:49 AM »

ImportCDs,

This is an automated email to let you know that the following item has come back in stock at Import CDs.

Yeah, me too. So I broke down and ordered it, not having seen it advertised less anywhere. Total with shipping came to $108.48

Of course if the rumoured Best Buy deal comes thru( with the bonus Live CD) then I'll be forced to own two copies right from the start....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2013, 08:09:44 AM »

ImportCDs,

Hmm..  they are already saying they are 'in stock.'  I wonder if they will be shipping out early like the Nilsson box.
83 copies..  wonder how many are left.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2013, 08:22:34 AM »

ImportCDs,

Hmm..  they are already saying they are 'in stock.'  I wonder if they will be shipping out early like the Nilsson box.
83 copies..  wonder how many are left.

Best idea is to wait around until you're fairly certain there aren't any left before you try to order it

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2013, 08:25:53 AM »

Best idea is to wait around until you're fairly certain there aren't any left before you try to order it

I have an order in at Amazon UK for what was $86US, it's now $91US since our dollar keeps sinking in value.

I'd order from importcds.com in hopes of getting it earlier, but while they shipped out Nilsson boxes early,
they were then on backorder for a long time and those people had a long wait after the initial few got theirs
(in this case, about 83).
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2013, 09:09:51 AM »

Yeah, me too. So I broke down and ordered it, not having seen it advertised less anywhere. Total with shipping came to $108.48

Of course if the rumoured Best Buy deal comes thru( with the bonus Live CD) then I'll be forced to own two copies right from the start....

Anyone heard anything about the "rumoured Best Buy deal"?

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2013, 09:12:35 AM »

Or you could totally get it for free!

http://www.avclub.com/articles/win-a-copy-of-the-beach-boys-careerspanning-box-se,101839/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Default:1:Default

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »

Amen. I am very intrigued and I'd definitely buy it from there for a little higher price if that happened.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2013, 09:26:44 AM »

Things seem quite tight lipped when it comes to this set, but if best buy were offering an exclusive, it usually would be listed on their website by now, one week out from release date. For most of their exclusives, their website usually had listings for both the regular sku and the sku for their exclusive version. I only see one listing currently on their website, and it doesn't detail any exclusive aspect.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2013, 09:35:21 AM »

I decided I'm gonna kick it old school and walk into a Best Buy after work Tuesday and see what price they have it and IF they even have a copy. As Best Buy gets swallowed hole by online retailers I rarely find what I want and if I do it's rarely the price I want but since MiC has me as excited as a school kid I'll do what I did when I was a school kid and hope that I walk into Best Buy and get "the goods." I'm giving me a 25% chance of success/happiness here but I don't like to order box sets by mail (too much risk of damaged disks in shipment).
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »

Amen. I am very intrigued and I'd definitely buy it from there for a little higher price if that happened.

Afraid that if (and I suspect Bgas might be winding us up!) that happened I'd never buy Beach Boys product again. I've spent a lifetime tracking down the Beach Boys' work, buying every release and re-release and remix and remaster and, frankly, I can barely afford either the money or energy any more. Brian Wilson came tooooooo close to losing my support with all the exclusive Best Buy/Amazon/iTunes versions of his recent albums… this would one piss-take too far.

That said, I hope Bgas is taking the mickey and that the band will play right by their fans and enjoy my continued support.  :D

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »

Afraid that if (and I suspect Bgas might be winding us up!) that happened I'd never buy Beach Boys product again. I've spent a lifetime tracking down the Beach Boys' work, buying every release and re-release and remix and remaster and, frankly, I can barely afford either the money or energy any more. Brian Wilson came tooooooo close to losing my support with all the exclusive Best Buy/Amazon/iTunes versions of his recent albums… this would one piss-take too far.

That said, I hope Bgas is taking the mickey and that the band will play right by their fans and enjoy my continued support.  :D

Can't say for sure, just heard the other night that Best Buy might be offering a special disc with the set.

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »

Can't say for sure, just heard the other night that Best Buy might be offering a special disc with the set.

But where did you hear it?  Source is important.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx