gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680870 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 09:19:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIC Price Discussion Thread.  (Read 47310 times)
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2013, 10:02:10 PM »

My copy shipped from BlowItOutaHere today as well. Gift from the girlfriend.  Smiley

You say you got what from the girlfriend?

Box set!

BlowItOutaHere is an online music store  LOL
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2013, 10:09:27 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhhh, OK.  Just checkin'.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2013, 10:25:02 PM »

What can I say...Kelly's got excellent taste when it comes to music purchases and gifts. And online stores with funny names!

(Though, as she pointed out, it should really be BlowItOuttaHere [two t's] for grammar's sake!)
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2013, 02:11:31 AM »

Awesome guys. What's the delivery time for you?

Mine says it will be shipped Friday, which means I'll have it Saturday (if all goes well!)

Dutch retailer btw.

Ugh, I'm not too sure now. The website says 5-10 business days. I really hope my copy will ship in time. I didn't pre-order to receive it that much later Angry
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2013, 02:33:37 AM »

What can I say...Kelly's got excellent taste when it comes to music purchases and gifts. And online stores with funny names!

(Though, as she pointed out, it should really be BlowItOuttaHere [two t's] for grammar's sake!)

What grammar rule is that? "out of" has only one "t" too. Me no native English speaker...

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2013, 05:39:16 AM »

What grammar rule is that?

The Straight Outta Compton "grammar rule." Supersedes all other grammar rules.  Tongue

BTW, for anyone who's interested, and although it may not be the absolute lowest price out there, BlowItOutAHere has the box for $114.99 (US) + shipping. Last time I checked, they still ship from Kentucky (which is why I usually use them, due to my proximity). I've never had a problem with them.

http://www.blowitoutahere.com/beach-boys-made-in-california/5099923234529
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:40:17 AM by Dave Modny » Logged
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2013, 05:50:15 AM »

NWA as the final arbiter on spelling and grammar! I LOVE it!   Wink

Seriously, I don't know of any grammar rule that requires it, I think it's just more of a spelling thing. To a native English speaker, if you put the word 'outa' in front of them divorced of any context that might allow you to guess how it was supposed to be pronounced, some people might think it was supposed to be spoken as 'ooota'. Almost like the French 'où est ta mère?' with the second and fourth words deleted, and the first and third glued together as one word.

But 'outta' - there's only one way that word could ever be pronounced in English. Like "outer" in outer space.

Oder, um Michas willen: "Au" wie in "WetterAU", "ta" wie in "Tamberg". Aber natuerlich ohne "mberg" am Ende...

Unter "Meine Bestellungen" bei Amazon.de habe ich uebrigens gelesen, das MiC "in Kuerze" versandt wird. Was das auch zur Bedeutung haben sollte, weiss ich leider nicht, nur dass es gestern anders war ("noch nicht versandt", glaube ich). Klingt jedoch gut...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:55:08 AM by Matt Bielewicz » Logged
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2013, 05:57:03 AM »

Er... what I was trying to say above there was that my Amazon.de order now says MiC 'will be shipping soon'. What they mean by 'soon', is unclear... however, yesterday it just said 'not yet shipped', so SOMETHING'S happening...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:58:10 AM by Matt Bielewicz » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2013, 06:00:51 AM »

Mine too..... hope it gets here on Saturday!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2013, 06:33:22 AM »

My copy shipped from BlowItOutaHere today as well. Gift from the girlfriend.  Smiley

I liked that vendor until every CD case I got was cracked (new CDs too). I wont use them anymore
and if Amazon sends me a crack-up it will get returned.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2013, 07:10:39 AM »

My copy shipped from BlowItOutaHere today as well. Gift from the girlfriend.  Smiley

I liked that vendor until every CD case I got was cracked (new CDs too). I wont use them anymore
and if Amazon sends me a crack-up it will get returned.

I think it's just luck of the draw sometimes. I've ordered many times from either BIOH, Deep Discount or Import CDs, and I think I've only had a cracked case from DD. Either that, or I'm just lucky that BIOH is one state away from me (vs. California for Imports)...lol Smiley

FWIW, I also ordered the Smile box from BIOH with no problems.
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »

I have never recieved anything from Amazon that was damaged... Cheesy
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2013, 09:42:51 AM »

I just got my notice from Amazon.de that my order has shipped with an estimated delivery of Monday 8/26.  Grin
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2013, 10:00:39 AM »

I called Best Buy, store manager said his store isn't even going to carry the box and if there was going to be an exclusive with Best Buy, he didn't see anything indicating it.  Normally there would be something about it online by now.

So I just ordered mine from importcds 103.49 + shipping and tax (I live in Illinois where we pay online tax) = 115.26.  Seems to be the best deal out there. 

Best Buy is 136.99
Deep Discount is 124.99
BlowItOuttaHere is 114.99

Thanks to my girlfriend who bought it for me! Cheesy
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2013, 10:06:58 AM »

I haven't actually gone through the steps of ordering, but in theory if you hold a Target Red card (debit or credit) you would save 5% off of the price and have free shipping. 5% off of the retail price (pre-tax) of $117.99 would make Target $112.09 + tax with free shipping. Worth a look:

http://www.target.com/p/made-in-california/-/A-14700924#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=made+in+california
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2013, 10:26:23 AM »

Er... what I was trying to say above there was that my Amazon.de order now says MiC 'will be shipping soon'. What they mean by 'soon', is unclear... however, yesterday it just said 'not yet shipped', so SOMETHING'S happening...

Mine went from "shipping soon" back to "not yet shipped".....  Sad
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2013, 11:43:57 AM »

Blow it outa here is pretty close to me as well. I might give them another chance but Amazon's return policy is about the best.

I crack enough cases with no ones help...just "did-in" a perfect Friends CD yesterday in the car. Case on armrest, apply sudden elbow pressure... C  R  A  C  K! yep.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:45:00 AM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2013, 12:47:53 PM »

My importcds.com package is on the move.. but it's coming from California to Michigan.
So anyone who ordered from importcds.com, the closer you are the California, the
sooner you'll get it.

I canceled my cheaper AmazonUK order and went with importcds.com a couple reasons.
1) Someone posted here that they claimed the box was 'in stock' and sure enough it was.
They sent out Nilsson boxes 6 days before release date and did so again here.
2) AmazonUK has a release date a week after the US and it took 9-10 days for them
to get me my Nilsson box.  So I figured I'd pay about $17 more to get it early next week
than wait until Sept 10-11.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:50:05 PM by TV Forces » Logged
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »

Placed my order with importcds exactly 3 hours ago, and I got the email that it is being shipped.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2013, 01:27:12 PM »

Yeah, shipped on August 27. No sooner.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2013, 02:34:22 PM »

I've not used them before, but I ordered from Bullmoose ... looks like a small indie chain.

$115 + free shipping, no tax + has a clear ship date (8/26) ... I think that's about as good as it's gonna get!

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/14944329/the-beach-boys-made-in-california

Thanks for mentioning this. I think i may give them a try, as opposed to ImportCDs, since i'm on the east coast.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2013, 02:53:16 PM »

Mine went from "shipping soon" back to "not yet shipped".....  Sad

Oh, jeez, that's just wrong. No — *shitty* and wrong. Another reason to hate on Amazon. Why can't they treat everybody the same?

I have just had an email that says my set has shipped to me from Amazon.de. But as I'm in the UK, it certainly won't get here overnight. And we have a public holiday with no postal deliveries on Monday, so unless it makes it here by Saturday morning (unlikely, from Germany), I'll get mine on Tuesday at the earliest.

If so, I'll still be no worse off than if I'd ordered from Universal's UK-based on-line store (which is still, as I explained above, the only UK retailer I can find anywhere that is officially releasing the set this week, as opposed to Monday September 2nd).

The Amazon Germany cost worked out at 84.48 Euros including shipping and all taxes in the end (£72.22 at today's rates, or about 110-111 US dollars). Somewhat madly, this is considerably cheaper than Universal UK's price of £79.99 plus shipping (which would apparently have added 2 quid for delivery in '3-5 working days', and a scandalous six quid for '48-hour delivery').

And of course, all of this is considerably cheaper than what most people in the States are paying for this box, which is crazy considering that's where the music comes from.

None of it makes any sense to me...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:56:18 PM by Matt Bielewicz » Logged
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2013, 02:57:07 PM »

I've not used them before, but I ordered from Bullmoose ... looks like a small indie chain.

$115 + free shipping, no tax + has a clear ship date (8/26) ... I think that's about as good as it's gonna get!

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/14944329/the-beach-boys-made-in-california

Thanks for mentioning this. I think i may give them a try, as opposed to ImportCDs, since i'm on the east coast.

yeh I actually emailed the place, and they said (yesterday):

"We probably will receive them tomorrow or Friday and will ship this weekend or Monday. We might get yours out on Friday because you live in California. The record companies are pretty serious about not having people receive stuff before street date. You will get an email when our box is packaged."

Soooo ...

I caved and cancelled it, and ordered from Import CDs, since I'm in Calif. Price ends up about the same.

Christoph
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »

Amazon germany sent me a mail today that the boxset is being shipped and will probably arrive here tomorrow Smiley Now that is good news. Cost me 79,99 Euro which I think is a fair price. Can't wait to exchange my first opinions with you!

SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »

Placed my order with importcds exactly 3 hours ago, and I got the email that it is being shipped.

Hope you folks trying importcds have better luck than I'm having. Ordered the new Buffett cd, got confirmation over the weekend it had shipped. Still not here (next door, in Arizona) on Thursday. They warned shipping could be slow, depending on where one lives. I saw why when I got a second email... in my case, they shipped via DHL. Would have been quicker just to give the package to somebody hitchhiking out on I-10.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx