gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 03:41:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 441770 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: July 22, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »

Couldn't you just order it and then cancel your order? If you already have it ordered that is...

Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: July 22, 2013, 01:28:26 PM »

Surprisingly, his vocal sounds like it's from the KTSA period.  Rest of the band on backing vocals.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: July 22, 2013, 01:33:51 PM »

Couldn't you just order it and then cancel your order? If you already have it ordered that is...

If I had more than 34 cents in my bank account, I totally would.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: July 22, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »

Surprisingly, his vocal sounds like it's from the KTSA period.  Rest of the band on backing vocals.

Can't believe his vocals were done this year.

He sounds great. Very strong.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2154 on: July 22, 2013, 01:53:36 PM »

I first got a message saying "ERROR - Code already used or has reached its limit" (uh, considering it's the personal code I received by email, I find it strange) and now "Please allow your download to finish before requesting again"...  And now I'm getting the first message again... But I haven't been able to download anything Embarrassed

Any help by PM would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: July 22, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »

Don't know if this promo clip has been posted already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCJVBZAlKkA
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: July 22, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »

sh*t, I pre-ordered but don't live in the USA...seems I can't get the free track now, can I?  Cry
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: July 22, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »

I first got a message saying "ERROR - Code already used or has reached its limit" (uh, considering it's the personal code I received by email, I find it strange) and now "Please allow your download to finish before requesting again"...  And now I'm getting the first message again... But I haven't been able to download anything Embarrassed

Any help by PM would be greatly appreciated!

Same... ugh Sad

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: July 22, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »

Surprisingly, his vocal sounds like it's from the KTSA period.  Rest of the band on backing vocals.

Can't believe his vocals were done this year.

He sounds great. Very strong.
Was it verified Mike's vocals were done this year? I thought it was just ST doing some guitar overdubs.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: July 22, 2013, 02:55:36 PM »

No way that's from this year. Mike hasn't sounded like that in a while.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: July 22, 2013, 03:26:30 PM »

No way that's from this year. Mike hasn't sounded like that in a while.

Agreed. This is late 70's Mike.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: July 22, 2013, 03:56:38 PM »

I'm sorry, but this sucks. This is the Beach Boys that people make fun of. I liked the backing track on its own, but with the lyrics it just comes off as so incredibly crass and uncreative. I don't even have a problem with songs about California or even the beach, but...ugh. I wish I liked it more. Maybe I'll change my mind.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: July 22, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »

It's a fun song with a rocking track and some good vocals. That's basically what I expected Tongue

Christ guys, it's called "Goin' to the Beach" by a band called "The Beach Boys" I don't think it was meant to be pure genius Tongue

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: July 22, 2013, 04:38:03 PM »

It's a fun song with a rocking track and some good vocals. That's basically what I expected Tongue

Christ guys, it's called "Goin' to the Beach" by a band called "The Beach Boys" I don't think it was meant to be pure genius Tongue
I guess that depends on which Beach Boys version you like best. The Pet Sounds/Smile Brian genius or the Fun in the sun/Summer in Paradise Mike version.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 22, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »

I thought it was Go(od Vibrations)in' to the Beach?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 22, 2013, 04:49:32 PM »

I guess that depends on which Beach Boys version you like best. The Pet Sounds/Smile Brian genius or the Fun in the sun/Summer in Paradise Mike version.
So, Mike wrote this all by himself? Hey, I also remember a genius named Brian writing something called Some Of Your Love around that time frame. I don't get the smart ass remarks. Brian has written his share of repetitive lyric songs.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 22, 2013, 05:17:48 PM »

Some of your love is shithouse - possibly the only decent song Brian wrote in that time was Stevie.

Sorry for brevity, posting on phone. 

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 22, 2013, 05:24:13 PM »

So, Mike wrote this all by himself? Hey, I also remember a genius named Brian writing something called Some Of Your Love around that time frame. I don't get the smart ass remarks. Brian has written his share of repetitive lyric songs.

Hmmm.   Perhaps the smart ass remarks are from fans hoping that the marketing for a career-spanning box set would show the band as something other than the fun-in-the-sun equivalent of the Archies.

It looks like there’s a lot of good unreleased material on there, but for the first released track, they’re choosing a rejected song from a one-star album, probably because it was the only remaining unused song they could find with the word “beach” in it.

But then why would anyone be surprised?  The Beach Boys have always been marketed as lightweights, and there’s no reason to think that will stop now.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 22, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »

Hmmm.   Perhaps the smart ass remarks are from fans hoping that the marketing for a career-spanning box set would show the band as something other than the fun-in-the-sun equivalent of the Archies.

It looks like there’s a lot of good unreleased material on there, but for the first released track, they’re choosing a rejected song from a one-star album, probably because it was the only remaining unused song they could find with the word “beach” in it.

But then why would anyone be surprised?  The Beach Boys have always been marketed as lightweights, and there’s no reason to think that will stop now.

I for one have liked "The Archies" since I was cutting out their "records" from a Sugar Pops cereal box!  Grin

Back to the subject at hand: I will reserve my judgment on "Goin To The Beach" once I have listened to it -- if its
anything like It's OK or Do It Again I shouldn't knock it too badly, even if Cuzin Mike wrote the tune.  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 22, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »

It's fun. That's really it. I mean if I put this in the car tomorrow and went for a ride to it, I'd probably really dig it! Smiley

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 22, 2013, 06:11:12 PM »

There's a way to get the track without buying the whole box set.  Order it on Amazon, get the your order code, download the track, and then cancel your order.  You'll still have the mp3 afterwards.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: July 22, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »

Some of your love is shithouse - possibly the only decent song Brian wrote in that time was Stevie.

Sorry for brevity, posting on phone. 

I guess I wanna go to that shithouse. I like Some Some Some Of Your Love.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 22, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »

It's funny that the positive vibes toward Mike from some around here have led us to the point where we even have to handle trash like "Goin' To The Beach" with kid gloves. In my opinion, the whole, "it's fun, just enjoy it" thing is bullshit. You know what songs are fun? "Surfin' U.S.A." and "Little Deuce Coupe". And even for later Beach Boys, "Roller Skating Child". A song doesn't need to be a pathetic attempt at recapturing past glories to be an uptempo, cool, fun Beach Boys song. Unfortunately for Mike Love it usually has to be.
Nicko1234
« Reply #2173 on: July 22, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »

It's funny that the positive vibes toward Mike from some around here have led us to the point where we even have to handle trash like "Goin' To The Beach" with kid gloves. In my opinion, the whole, "it's fun, just enjoy it" thing is bullshit. You know what songs are fun? "Surfin' U.S.A." and "Little Deuce Coupe". And even for later Beach Boys, "Roller Skating Child". A song doesn't need to be a pathetic attempt at recapturing past glories to be an uptempo, cool, fun Beach Boys song. Unfortunately for Mike Love it usually has to be.

I don`t think people have to handle it with kid gloves. I think it`s just amusing that some people are expressing surprise at the subject matter despite it being called Goin to the Beach and the song having been up on youtube in various forms for years. Surely 95% of board members have been aware of this song for ages so the only question is how do the vocals and recording sound.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 22, 2013, 06:27:57 PM »

I like "Goin' to the Beach."  It's short enough, under 2˝ minutes.  It's not a great song but it's definitely not bad at all, in fact it's better than some of the songs that actually made it onto Keepin' the Summer Alive.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx