gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 07:06:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 442194 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2275 on: July 23, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »

The drums on it sound new and maybe some other newer overdubs?
Technically, it sounds great but the song is pretty much one chorus over and over.

Comparing to the "circulating" backing track, the drums sound original. I mentioned in my blog that I'm pleasantly surprised that the recording sounds mostly vintage. Only the guitar overdubs sound new to me, and even those are sporadic.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: July 23, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »

MIC now £57 on Amazon UK!!

really? says £82.99 now

Maybe once you pre-order it the price descends, but this is what I'm now being told: Total £56.57

If u ordered it at 100 quid and it dropped to 60, you'd eventually pay 60 even when it rose back to £82.

However, if you order it at £82, it won't magically drop by £20. If Amazon drop the price again you'll pay the lesser, but it's not retroactive.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
MBE
« Reply #2277 on: July 23, 2013, 01:56:28 PM »

It all goes back to the Mike is satan and Brian is God extremist views. I don't like political or personal extremism because truth is usually somewhere in the middle of two sides. Meaning I see fringe people on both sides going too far and being nasty.

I like the Beach Boys music hard core, it gets me passionate. I take a step back when it comes to them as people and try not to judge. My take is always that there isn't anything clear cut with the Beach Boys as people and they (like all of us) are both good and bad.

I think because of his issues (and yes he is a very nice man) Brian gets love of a different sort of love than most rock stars. Sure his story is inspiring, but his worst behavior and work is often justified or defended to where all reason seems missing.

Conversely Mike is hated with a strange passion because he (wrongly) went down in history as the guy who blocked Brian and the band from making progressive music. He has an ego and greed that has made life hard for the other Beach Boys at times, but his talent is buried, made fun of, written out of history.

To be fair, there are others who buy too far into the Beach Boys sun in the fun myth. Some unduly defend many of Mike's artistic choices from the Full House era which are to me indefensible. Then there are those who take shots at Brian for being the different sort of guy he is.

Try these guidelines out and see if you don't have a great time here from now on.

Focus more on the music or art.
Stop being so quick to judge Beach Boys, their circle, or board members as people.  
Respect the people who do take the extra step to find out the truth.
Respect the experiences we have had with individuals as fans or researchers-good or bad.  
If there is a debate really think how you handle it. Try to see the others point of view even if you hate it.
Lastly IGNORE those that just don't take olive branches of peace.

This was a great board a few years back, and the only real difference is that I found those who disagreed with others were more respectful.
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: July 23, 2013, 02:11:31 PM »

My fellow panic stricken Americans - think of the Maharishi and relax... LOL  We have over a month to go and if the price went down in the UK, I am sure it will be much lower here as well.  In fact, in the end, I bet we get an even lower price than they do.  But if you can't wait, remember than you may end up paying more in the long run and waiting for it to be shipped from overseas.

And remember - it's $99.69 on importsCDs.com - $50 less than Amazon and I bet it goes even lower.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: July 23, 2013, 02:18:51 PM »

It all goes back to the Mike is satan and Brian is God extremist views. I don't like political or personal extremism because truth is usually somewhere in the middle of two sides. Meaning I see fringe people on both sides going too far and being nasty.

I like the Beach Boys music hard core, it gets me passionate. I take a step back when it comes to them as people and try not to judge. My take is always that there isn't anything clear cut with the Beach Boys as people and they (like all of us) are both good and bad.

I think because of his issues (and yes he is a very nice man) Brian gets love of a different sort of love than most rock stars. Sure his story is inspiring, but his worst behavior and work is often justified or defended to where all reason seems missing.

Conversely Mike is hated with a strange passion because he (wrongly) went down in history as the guy who blocked Brian and the band from making progressive music. He has an ego and greed that has made life hard for the other Beach Boys at times, but his talent is buried, made fun of, written out of history.

To be fair, there are others who buy too far into the Beach Boys sun in the fun myth. Some unduly defend many of Mike's artistic choices from the Full House era which are to me indefensible. Then there are those who take shots at Brian for being the different sort of guy he is.

Try these guidelines out and see if you don't have a great time here from now on.

Stop being so quick to judge Beach Boys, their circle, or board members as people.  
Respect the experiences we have had with individuals as fans or researchers-good or bad.  
If there is a debate really think how you handle it. Try to see the others point of view even if you hate it.

This was a great board a few years back, and the only real difference is that I found those who disagreed with others were more respectful.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
MBE
« Reply #2280 on: July 23, 2013, 02:24:38 PM »

Not sure if you liked or disliked my post, but I laughed out loud regardless!
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: July 23, 2013, 02:24:44 PM »

My fellow panic stricken Americans - think of the Maharishi and relax... LOL  We have over a month to go and if the price went down in the UK, I am sure it will be much lower here as well.  In fact, in the end, I bet we get an even lower price than they do.  But if you can't wait, remember than you may end up paying more in the long run and waiting for it to be shipped from overseas.

And remember - it's $99.69 on importsCDs.com - $50 less than Amazon and I bet it goes even lower.

I see the "waiting for it be be shipped" as a plus. If Amazon.com lowers their price enough, I can always cancel my Amazon.uk order (which I'm holding for about $89 USD including shipping); because of the UK release date, I've got an extra week to decide. No way I'll keep my $153 Amazon.com order, but, the hold on it I placed last month at least gave me an early copy of "Goin' To The Beach".  Smiley If I do end up using the Amazon.uk order, the extra couple of weeks to wait is worth it to me for the savings that I'll realize. It seems that, at the moment, import cds is the US front-runner.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:25:59 PM by SonoraDick » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2282 on: July 23, 2013, 02:27:50 PM »

Hopefully we'll have some hard numbers soon to ascertain how many people went to the beach as a result of "Goin' to the Beach."
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2283 on: July 23, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »

Hey, why should I respect anybody with an opinion different from mine? That makes no sense! I know I'm right! Roll Eyes

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: July 23, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »

Hopefully we'll have some hard numbers soon to ascertain how many people went to the beach as a result of "Goin' to the Beach."
How so? You had to pre-order the box set to get it. So, except for some cheating yesterday, we were already buying it. Unless I'm misunderstanding your post.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: July 23, 2013, 02:38:07 PM »

I went to a marina, does that count?  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2286 on: July 23, 2013, 02:39:08 PM »

what a great post man !

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2287 on: July 23, 2013, 02:59:17 PM »

I would just like to state a few things for the record

1) Last night I did not recieve a visit from three gentlemen, one of whom did not have a dutch accent, one was not wearing an "I Love The Lovester" T-Shirt
    and the other was not referred to by the other two as "Big Billy C"

2) They did not suggest I cease from making anti-Myke statements immediately, and did not hint that they would  "take me down to Guantana-kokomo" if I did not.

3) They did not ask me to start a thread entitled "Goin To The Beach" where I renounced all anti-Myke behaviour and encouraged people to embrace this new song, which does not  contain subliminal
    backwards messages instructing the listener to kill Mummy, Daddy and all Brianistas.         

*swings pendant* you are feeling beachy....so so beachy....

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: July 23, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »

Huh, that Goin' to the beach is very forgettable, shame, would have loved to get the 4/4 version of Big Sur instead, definitely understood why Goin' to the beach never got anywhere.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: July 23, 2013, 03:13:41 PM »

Basically all day in work today I was humming, "going to the beach, going to the beach, going to the beach with my babbby"

Mike has done it again.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jesse Reiswig
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: July 23, 2013, 03:14:01 PM »

Quoted for serious truth. Thank you, Mike.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 23, 2013, 03:18:36 PM »

what a great post man !

+1 - Nicely done, Mike!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 23, 2013, 03:55:57 PM »

Basically all day in work today I was humming, "going to the beach, going to the beach, going to the beach with my babbby"

Mike has done it again.

The amusing part is...

If in some parallel universe the C50 lineup would've released this as a "new" single last year, I'd lay odds that it would've charted better than both of the actual singles that did come out.

That is, it would've been just simple, catchy and dumb enough to be a hit. 

Heck, it still might be.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 23, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »

Guys, I doubt Mark Linnett called Mike into the room only to find Mark standing behind a flaming garbage can, holding a tape labelled "Big Sur" in one hand and "Goin' To The Beach" in the other before asking, "Which is it gonna be, Myk?"

Where do you guys come up with this sort of stuff? I'm sure it was more along the lines of...
Mark: "Mike, what about this early version of 'Big Sur'? Fans really want it."
Mike: "''Big Sir''? Is that some song I wrote about Cousin Brian?"
Mark: "No, you're thinking of 'Brian's Back.'"
Mike: "Oh yeah, put that one on there."
Mark: "But Mike, it's already..."
Mike: "I SAID DO IT. DON'T MAKE ME BULLY YOU TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU BECOME MENTALLY ILL AND SCRAP THE PROJECT AND ACCIDENTALLY 46 GIGS OF MULTITRACKS."
MARK: "OH MAN OKAY MAN JUST RELAX."
BRUCE: "HEH HEH HEH."

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 23, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »

I couldn't resist and tried to sign up for "Goin' to the Beach". Well, they kept saying that my order # wasn't valid, which isn't true. So now I'm frustrated because I can't get a song that everyone is telling me I don't want anyway!
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: July 23, 2013, 09:45:23 PM »

Mike has done it again.

Same here. I'm going to the beach with some friends this week and every time I think about it in comes Mike into my head shouting "AND AH BEEN GOIN TO THE BEACH". The man is either a genius or a hypnotist.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: July 23, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »

No problem Mike! Nicely phrased and true dat.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 23, 2013, 09:53:04 PM »

It really is too bad "Goin' To The Beach" made it to the box over "Big Sur".  It's sad, really.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: July 23, 2013, 10:43:42 PM »

Guys, I doubt Mark Linnett called Mike into the room only to find Mark standing behind a flaming garbage can, holding a tape labelled "Big Sur" in one hand and "Goin' To The Beach" in the other before asking, "Which is it gonna be, Myk?"

Where do you guys come up with this sort of stuff? I'm sure it was more along the lines of...
Mark: "Mike, what about this early version of 'Big Sur'? Fans really want it."
Mike: "''Big Sir''? Is that some song I wrote about Cousin Brian?"
Mark: "No, you're thinking of 'Brian's Back.'"
Mike: "Oh yeah, put that one on there."
Mark: "But Mike, it's already..."
Mike: "I SAID DO IT. DON'T MAKE ME BULLY YOU TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU BECOME MENTALLY ILL AND SCRAP THE PROJECT AND ACCIDENTALLY 46 GIGS OF MULTITRACKS."
MARK: "OH MAN OKAY MAN JUST RELAX."
BRUCE: "HEH HEH HEH."
I always knew that Bruce was Mike's mindless, giggling crony.

A discipline daddy.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #2299 on: July 23, 2013, 10:59:08 PM »

MIC now £57 on Amazon UK!!

really? says £82.99 now

Maybe once you pre-order it the price descends, but this is what I'm now being told: Total £56.57

If u ordered it at 100 quid and it dropped to 60, you'd eventually pay 60 even when it rose back to £82.

However, if you order it at £82, it won't magically drop by £20. If Amazon drop the price again you'll pay the lesser, but it's not retroactive.

Yeah I pre-ordered it when it was priced at £100+, now I'm told that's been halved. Suits me!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx