gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681220 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 03:52:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 444456 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: June 22, 2013, 05:24:33 AM »

Hey, I think, like, the people who like, like the boxset should like, have a  war or something with the people who don't. You know like a proper war with guns or something, and whoever wins is the persons who were right and the poeple who loses were wrong.

Just an idea, or somehting.....

I like it!  A very sensible way out of the bickering predicament in which many Smileys have found themselves.  Perhaps the winners could also pick the tracklist for the next archival release – or whether there even should be another release – and most importantly, the price.

:D

“We live in divisive times.”
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 22, 2013, 06:25:14 AM »

What does the "Q" on John Public's middle name stand for? I'm gonna guess Quacky, but maybe I'm wrong.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 22, 2013, 06:30:04 AM »

no one really knows today but most think, because of the time the phrase came about, that it can be traced back to John Quincy Adams, the sixth President of the United States.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #1528 on: June 22, 2013, 06:33:23 AM »

What does the "Q" on John Public's middle name stand for? I'm gonna guess Quacky, but maybe I'm wrong.

Quintessential
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1529 on: June 22, 2013, 08:16:33 AM »

Ok, let's see if I can try to steer the direction of this topic back to something constructive. A few days ago, AGD mentioned that there is a Brian led studio version of California Feeling that will never be released, even on an archival box set. The fact that he put a smiley at the end of his post makes me think that it's probably hilariously bad. I wonder if Andrew could possibly elaborate.  Grin

Yes, I could.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: June 22, 2013, 09:44:07 AM »

Since Andrew is more interested in being funny(?), here you go...some info from Adam Marsland:

I heard a later version of "California Feeling" once with a Brian vocal that I believe was from '78.  i don't think I had heard the one from '74...very cool!  The '78 one had a hysterical moment where he's singing "it was such a beautiful day" and he interjects quickly in spoken voice..."like most days!"  Clearly, not that interested in delivering a releasable vocal...

He sang the whole thing.  Disinterested would be a good way to be put it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:49:48 AM by sweetdudejim » Logged
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 22, 2013, 10:29:48 AM »

no one really knows today but most think, because of the time the phrase came about, that it can be traced back to John Quincy Adams, the sixth President of the United States.

John Quincy Adams would hate the Beach Boys, I think. 
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1532 on: June 22, 2013, 10:33:36 AM »

John Quincy Adams don't surf.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 22, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »

Hey, I think, like, the people who like, like the boxset should like, have a  war or something with the people who don't. You know like a proper war with guns or something, and whoever wins is the persons who were right and the poeple who loses were wrong.

I thought you changed your name to John Q. Public? What's going on?

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1534 on: June 22, 2013, 10:50:40 AM »

It's exhausting to be the common man incarnate. Usually vessels can only survive a day or two without going all Picture of Dorian Gray.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:51:57 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 22, 2013, 11:21:08 AM »

I disagree- this is a BB's message board named after Smiley Smile- it is a place for refuge and discussion among like minded people. We have a unique taste in music. Speaking on behalf of myself, I feel no need to drag it or anything down, just the need to discuss and vent amongst comrades- whether we agree or not. It's not like my co-workers have any clue what I talk about if I mention anything BB related. Dudes take things waaayyyyy to seriously on a BB message board. If something someone wrote is bothering you, then don't reply!! It's easy!! How many people get worked up for nothing! Need I bring up Phil Cohen?

At least if I complain about the price of MIC, that is something to me- my $$, and my all-time favorite music/art. Purchasing this set Aug 27th or waiting it out is quite the conundrum and it is apparent that feeling is shared among many super fans here.

No one is making anyone respond or even disuss these things. If it bothers someone then don't discuss it. It's simple. Just don't feel upset if people came to the SMILEY SMILE MB to vent about something they care deeply about.

+1

Someone comes here, says they don't like the price of the box set, That's cool, your choice.
Someone posts time and again they don't like the price, that's NOT discussing, that's WHINING

Someone comes here, says the tracklist is subpar, and is jumped on by 10 people.
Whining about whining is still whining.  And you are guilty of keeping that going.

Mahalo mentioned something important that you ignored.  Do you guys really have to
respond to each and every post you disagree with? Do you let NOTHING go?
You are keeping the back & forth going by constantly crying about the back & forth.
If you really want 60 pages on how great this tracklisting supposedly is, then I'm sorry.  
Plus, that would make for some boring reading.

I've actually moved on from this, but I come back now & then to see if there is any news
just to see the same old folks bitching because some people don't think a handful of new
songs is worth $130-145.  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:24:44 AM by TV Forces » Logged
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #1536 on: June 22, 2013, 12:01:29 PM »

I thought you changed your name to John Q. Public? What's going on?

No one commented on it, so I felt a bit embarrassed and changed it back.

It's exhausting to be the common man incarnate. Usually vessels can only survive a day or two without going all Picture of Dorian Gray.

Actually, this is the reason.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 22, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »

No, his parents psychologically beat any sort of desire to have fun out of him.  But he did bathe in the Potomac.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 22, 2013, 12:43:07 PM »

No, his parents psychologically beat any sort of desire to have fun out of him.  But he did bathe in the Potomac.
I believe only Abigail did that.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 22, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »

I disagree- this is a BB's message board named after Smiley Smile- it is a place for refuge and discussion among like minded people. We have a unique taste in music. Speaking on behalf of myself, I feel no need to drag it or anything down, just the need to discuss and vent amongst comrades- whether we agree or not. It's not like my co-workers have any clue what I talk about if I mention anything BB related. Dudes take things waaayyyyy to seriously on a BB message board. If something someone wrote is bothering you, then don't reply!! It's easy!! How many people get worked up for nothing! Need I bring up Phil Cohen?

At least if I complain about the price of MIC, that is something to me- my $$, and my all-time favorite music/art. Purchasing this set Aug 27th or waiting it out is quite the conundrum and it is apparent that feeling is shared among many super fans here.

No one is making anyone respond or even disuss these things. If it bothers someone then don't discuss it. It's simple. Just don't feel upset if people came to the SMILEY SMILE MB to vent about something they care deeply about.

+1

Someone comes here, says they don't like the price of the box set, That's cool, your choice.
Someone posts time and again they don't like the price, that's NOT discussing, that's WHINING

Someone comes here, says the tracklist is subpar, and is jumped on by 10 people.
Whining about whining is still whining.  And you are guilty of keeping that going.

Mahalo mentioned something important that you ignored.  Do you guys really have to
respond to each and every post you disagree with? Do you let NOTHING go?
You are keeping the back & forth going by constantly crying about the back & forth.
If you really want 60 pages on how great this tracklisting supposedly is, then I'm sorry.  
Plus, that would make for some boring reading.

I've actually moved on from this, but I come back now & then to see if there is any news
just to see the same old folks bitching because some people don't think a handful of new
songs is worth $130-145.  

This

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 22, 2013, 03:11:55 PM »

SHUT THE f*** UP, BECKER.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: June 22, 2013, 04:07:04 PM »

SHUT THE f*** UP, BECKER.

LINDA!

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: June 22, 2013, 04:11:17 PM »

no it is not true

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: June 22, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »

Guys, i'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. I just realized Becker is really Fishmonk who is really Ghost. What this has to do with John Q. Public or Dorian Gray or John Quincy Adams surfing in the Potomac, and whether any of them would like the Beach Boys, i still haven't figured out.   

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: June 22, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »

So, did anyone break the news to Phil that this set is coming out??

3D 3D

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: June 22, 2013, 08:47:04 PM »

I genuinely miss phil cohen. Guy always seemed nice enough.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 22, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »

Ok, let's see if I can try to steer the direction of this topic back to something constructive. A few days ago, AGD mentioned that there is a Brian led studio version of California Feeling that will never be released, even on an archival box set. The fact that he put a smiley at the end of his post makes me think that it's probably hilariously bad. I wonder if Andrew could possibly elaborate.  Grin

Yes, I could.
Would you be willing to share anything about it?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 22, 2013, 09:17:41 PM »

dont get sentimental..

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 22, 2013, 09:20:14 PM »

dont get sentimental..

too late

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 22, 2013, 09:22:03 PM »

So, are the stereo wild honey tracks on this box the only ones for which true stereo mixes are possible? I remember Alan or Mark said that a stereo version of the entire album was impossible, but I've heard pretty good fanmixes of some of the other songs.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx