gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:12:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More studio news  (Read 93653 times)
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 22, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »

A very interesting speculative discussion and survey of past practices. Now we need to know what the BB plan to do now. That's issue 1.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 22, 2013, 01:20:47 PM »

The Beach Boys plan now? I think they're playing Disney Land next week

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 22, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »

i hope the album he's making with Al is an album of new material. we've had enough remakes from Brian during the past decade.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 22, 2013, 02:09:27 PM »

Yeah, when you think about it, apart from TWGMTR it's been 5 years since we've got a new original Brian album.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 22, 2013, 02:27:25 PM »

Latest Brian sighting, minus Jeff and Al

How did Jeff become so apart from Brian's life that he just follows him anywhere. That would be an interesting thread.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:28:39 PM by Shady » Logged

Nicko1234
« Reply #380 on: April 22, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »

How did Jeff become so apart from Brian's life that he just follows him anywhere. That would be an interesting thread.

It's nice that Brian isn't precious about lighting because that isn't the most flattering photo.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 22, 2013, 03:02:43 PM »

I wish I got to follow Brian around all day. Jeff is lucky!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 22, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »

Brian looks well fed.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2013, 07:59:48 PM »

A very interesting speculative discussion and survey of past practices. Now we need to know what the BB plan to do now. That's issue 1.

I think their plan is to live their lives and do what they want, and don't what all the fans want, and I'm talking about a possible new album. Mike did say "no" to this offer and he stated it in a recent interview, so...
But I'm really happy to have a live album, MIC box-set hopefully with plenty of goodies, a new Brian solo album and a possible more complete C50 DVD.
A new BBs album? I'll not die if they don't make this.
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 22, 2013, 08:51:36 PM »

I'd be happy with a smaller tour in 2014 if possible.  A new album would be great though.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2013, 09:03:30 PM »

I'd be happy with a smaller tour in 2014 if possible.

I mentioned it on another thread but a short "holiday tour" would be cool (no pun intended). They could do a portion of the Christmas album, some a capella stuff, maybe some rarities (wouldn't it be a hoot to hear "Child Of Winter" and "Winter Symphony"), and bookend it with two sets, much like the C50 sets. I'm sure the wives could get in some extensive shopping, too.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:44 PM »

I'd be happy with a smaller tour in 2014 if possible.  A new album would be great though.

Men have died, from time to time, and worms have eaten them, but not because the BB did not make an new album together in 2013.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 23, 2013, 01:39:42 AM »

You are aware Brian likes and trusts Jeff, right, and that such a companion might be a good idea when you are prone to anxiety and meeting lots of the kind of weirdo who'd pay £6,000 to go to something called 'ROCK AND ROLL FANTASY CAMP'?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #388 on: April 23, 2013, 01:42:52 AM »

Conversely though Hypehat, if I was prone to anxiety, Rock and Roll fantasy camp would be in my top ten list of places to avoid. I'm guessing the Melanagement thought it would be "good for him"  LOL
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 23, 2013, 02:09:11 AM »

True true.... £6,000 each, though! LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2013, 03:07:30 AM »

You are aware Brian likes and trusts Jeff, right, and that such a companion might be a good idea when you are prone to anxiety and meeting lots of the kind of weirdo who'd pay £6,000 to go to something called 'ROCK AND ROLL FANTASY CAMP'?

the truth this is  LOL
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2013, 05:26:34 AM »

the truth this is  LOL
Not for me, maybe, but, it might be on someone's "bucket list," and maybe some parents have spent upwards of $250,000 in college tuition on his or her kids, and it is time to finally spend some dough on himself or herself.  

Baseball camp, soccer camp, hockey camp, etc...rock and roll camp? Perhaps!

A guilty pleasure? Why not?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:28:11 AM by filledeplage » Logged
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2013, 06:19:35 AM »

Men have died, from time to time, and worms have eaten them, but not because the BB did not make an new album together in 2013.

Yeah but why focus on all that when we can have some more harmony?

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2013, 06:49:34 AM »

Apart? APART? If Jeff gets any closer to Brian they're going look like Siamese Twins  Razz Razz

Oh, you mean A Grin Part, Shady.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2013, 07:01:48 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtK0KMH-8xs

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 23, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »

Apart? APART? If Jeff gets any closer to Brian they're going look like Siamese Twins  Razz Razz

Blame the iphone  Grin

I think it's fantastic Brian loves and trusts Jeff. I was just curious how it came to be.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 23, 2013, 04:53:29 PM »

Grin I know the feeling - the spellcheckingautocompletefeature on An-ROID phones are just as useless.

Necessity knows no law
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 23, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »

Blame the iphone  Grin

I think it's fantastic Brian loves and trusts Jeff. I was just curious how it came to be.

Star a thread on that subject and I'll give up my prescription to Ambien.
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »

Any idea if Brian is still in the studio? Haven't gotten any Facebook/Twitter/Instagram updates in a while...

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2013, 11:40:58 PM »

Blame the iphone  Grin

They met in the 70s, I believe. Jeff just showed up at Brian's house. Jeff played with some BB-related bands and then toured with the BB's for much of the 80s. He came back into BW's orbit when they were looking for a falsetto singer in the touring band. Jeff had the longest-running relationship with Brian, and over the last 14 years or so, he's taken a bigger and bigger role and Brian's pal and minder on the road. At a certain point, he started doing some of the larger public appearances / signings with him. It's easier than making some college kid or Melinda do it, and I'm pretty sure he's paid for it, too.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx