gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:14:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made In California set for August 27th!!!!  (Read 127246 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2013, 03:09:23 PM »

Alright...Phil's gone, so that's done. Everybody got a chance to get their frustrations out. It's done. That said, let's move on and go back to discussing the boxed set rather than going back and forth with each other.

Thanks.

OK, Phil may be delusional and/or a troll, but which poster was calling another poster "a piece of excrement"? It wasn't Phil.  Please do not reduce this to an "everybody venting" issue when really it amounts to yet another example of an individual who can't seem to go more than a day or two without spewing insults at those who disagree with him. About what, mind you?  An upcoming CD boxed set.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:31:07 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2013, 03:19:25 PM »

Thank you. The Professor wants to simply restate that he is proud to have been the messenger for AB on this matter, the man who is putting in the real effort as a scholar, historian, and fan, striving to provide the best-possible historical experience of the BB music. No one listens and reads as sensitively as AB, and we ought to thank God for him.  

My own sadness is that whatever BW is working on, with Al obviously involved and maybe Dave (I don't know and Alan did not say) is not a BB album. Will there ever be a BB album?

Unrelated to my report here, but still in my head, is what Mike said in those recent interviews: he wants to write with Brian but was prevented from doing so; Mike has clearly distanced himself from Radio, which must mean that it is not a BB album as he sees it or could have hoped to see it. Result. . . . . .stop hoping for anything unreal and save up to buy the 2 upcoming albums-the live and the box.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »

Alright...Phil's gone, so that's done. Everybody got a chance to get their frustrations out. It's done. That said, let's move on and go back to discussing the boxed set rather than going back and forth with each other.

Thanks.

OK, Phil may be delusional and/or a troll, but which poster was calling another poster "a piece of excrement"? It wasn't Phil.  Please do not reduce this to an "everybody venting" issue when really it amounts to yet another example of an individual who can't seem to go more than a day or two without spewing insults to towards those who disagree with him. About what, mind you?  An upcoming CD boxed set.
Yup. And the civility that broke out for two weeks is over.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »

Still no tracklisting? Jesus...

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »

Thanks.

OK, Phil may be delusional and/or a troll, but which poster was calling another poster "a piece of excrement"? It wasn't Phil.  Please do not reduce this to an "everybody venting" issue when really it amounts to yet another example of an individual who can't seem to go more than a day or two without spewing insults at those who disagree with him. About what, mind you?  An upcoming CD boxed set.
It's not the set that's the issue...it's the fact that Phil decided that me and the others are lying about the boxed set. Someone accuses me of lying, well, I'm going to stand up for myself, and I don't blame anybody else for doing the same. It's funny but my inbox has been flooded with requests to ban Phil. I do it (not permanent...just until August) and now I'm getting attacked.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2013, 03:58:21 PM »

Someone accuses me of lying, well, I'm going to stand up for myself, and I don't blame anybody else for doing the same.

I do.

It's pathetic how a bunch of grown men comprising some very respected members of the Beach Boys fan community can't just ignore him. I mean SERIOUSLY AGD...saying you'd like to physically assault a (most likely mentally ill) internet troll for saying you're lying? Do you really give that much of a bollock...REALLY?

People need to grow up, but they clearly can't, so banning Cohen was the only option. Stick to it for gods sake!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2013, 03:58:54 PM »

Thanks.

OK, Phil may be delusional and/or a troll, but which poster was calling another poster "a piece of excrement"? It wasn't Phil.  Please do not reduce this to an "everybody venting" issue when really it amounts to yet another example of an individual who can't seem to go more than a day or two without spewing insults at those who disagree with him. About what, mind you?  An upcoming CD boxed set.
It's not the set that's the issue...it's the fact that Phil decided that me and the others are lying about the boxed set. Someone accuses me of lying, well, I'm going to stand up for myself, and I don't blame anybody else for doing the same. It's funny but my inbox has been flooded with requests to ban Phil. I do it (not permanent...just until August) and now I'm getting attacked.

It's just like the Beach Boys; no matter what you do, you just can't win...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »

Thanks.

OK, Phil may be delusional and/or a troll, but which poster was calling another poster "a piece of excrement"? It wasn't Phil.  Please do not reduce this to an "everybody venting" issue when really it amounts to yet another example of an individual who can't seem to go more than a day or two without spewing insults at those who disagree with him. About what, mind you?  An upcoming CD boxed set.

I don’t really know who you are but i’ve noticed that you are one of the few people here who truly call Andrew out on his bullshit, and i just want to say that i really appreciate that, as someone who has zero tolerance for the guy.

To go one step further with your point: it’s not only the name calling, but the threat of violence. I want to know who else on this board would ever be able to continually get away with threats like these? And this isn’t the first time. I believe last time he threatened to blow up or set fire to Phil’s house. It baffles me that very few people see how Andrew Doe is just as insane as Phil Cohen. It’s like Brian Wilson and Mike Love--they’re both just as fucking crazy, just in different ways, two sides of the same coin--that’s the punch line of the whole Beach Boys narrative. And this place is a mad funhouse of mirrors, reflecting the insanity of the Beach Boys universe.

Now if you’ll excuse me, i gotta go beat the living daylights out of mentally ill people who insinuate that my acquaintances and i might be liars, who i claim to not take seriously, yet i am continually exasperated and offended by what they say. Oh, i’m also gonna beat up Brian Wilson because he too is mentally ill and suffers from paranoid delusions. That’s how i handle “pathetic” mental illness, with my fists. It’s fine, i know a lot of stuff about The Beach Boys. Please remember to accept my empty apologies the next time i come back to the board after having thrown a tantrum, which, as always, i’ll have blamed on stuff happening in my personal life. Don’t worry, it’ll keep happening over and over again, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to be a sycophant towards me.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2013, 04:09:56 PM »

Thanks.

OK, Phil may be delusional and/or a troll, but which poster was calling another poster "a piece of excrement"? It wasn't Phil.  Please do not reduce this to an "everybody venting" issue when really it amounts to yet another example of an individual who can't seem to go more than a day or two without spewing insults to towards those who disagree with him. About what, mind you?  An upcoming CD boxed set.
Yup. And the civility that broke out for two weeks is over.
I miss it already... Sad

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2013, 04:20:33 PM »

Threatened to blow up his house?! When was that? If I had seen that I wouldn't have left it alone. Murder is not on the same level as wanting to punch someone's lights out. Correct me if I'm wrong though  but saying you'd beat someone if they said something like that to your face isn't the same as saying you were going to find someone and beat them up.

Or hell...maybe the problem is with me and if another mod had done it we wouldn't be having this conversation. Hell when i suspended Andrew previously i caught sh*t about it here. Damned if you do damned if you dont. Something for me to think about I guess.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:22:32 PM by Heisenberg » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »

I remember that, AGD said he wanted to firebomb phil's house to shut him up and destroy his collection.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »

f***. I'm not going to do anything retroactively but my apologies for missing that. If I decide to stay around I won't let something like that slip again.

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »

One mod can't be expected to be everywhere all the time.

To be fair I think Billy has handled this one pretty well and (as always) with the best intentions.  But I too am a little puzzled as to why one or two people are taking an opinion that they have no respect for so seriously.

In other news, a new Beach Boys CD is out in just over a week.  3D

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2013, 04:41:44 PM »

Can we please get Phil and AGD in the same room for a debate..

That would be the most interesting thing ever.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »

f***. I'm not going to do anything retroactively but my apologies for missing that. If I decide to stay around I won't let something like that slip again.

Sorry BUT please , you will / have to stick around  Grin
We all love the work you are doing , top man  Wink
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2013, 05:15:13 PM »

Thanks Rob...greatly appreciated

oldsurferdude
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2013, 05:40:30 PM »

hai guyz androo dough is havin another bad day in his persona lyfe!
w00t! Happy Dance w00t! Thumbs Up w00t! High Five w00t! Thud w00t! Pirate w00t!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2013, 05:54:48 PM »

Threatened to blow up his house?! When was that? If I had seen that I wouldn't have left it alone. Murder is not on the same level as wanting to punch someone's lights out. Correct me if I'm wrong though  but saying you'd beat someone if they said something like that to your face isn't the same as saying you were going to find someone and beat them up.

Or hell...maybe the problem is with me and if another mod had done it we wouldn't be having this conversation. Hell when i suspended Andrew previously i caught sh*t about it here. Damned if you do damned if you dont. Something for me to think about I guess.
I don't think these comments are directed at you in any way. Nor were mine.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2013, 06:33:22 PM »

Patience. June.

JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »

Thanks.

I don’t really know who you are but i’ve noticed that you are one of the few people here who truly call Andrew out on his bullshit, and i just want to say that i really appreciate that, as someone who has zero tolerance for the guy.

To go one step further with your point: it’s not only the name calling, but the threat of violence. I want to know who else on this board would ever be able to continually get away with threats like these? And this isn’t the first time. I believe last time he threatened to blow up or set fire to Phil’s house. It baffles me that very few people see how Andrew Doe is just as insane as Phil Cohen. It’s like Brian Wilson and Mike Love--they’re both just as fucking crazy, just in different ways, two sides of the same coin--that’s the punch line of the whole Beach Boys narrative. And this place is a mad funhouse of mirrors, reflecting the insanity of the Beach Boys universe.

Now if you’ll excuse me, i gotta go beat the living daylights out of mentally ill people who insinuate that my acquaintances and i might be liars, who i claim to not take seriously, yet i am continually exasperated and offended by what they say. Oh, i’m also gonna beat up Brian Wilson because he too is mentally ill and suffers from paranoid delusions. That’s how i handle “pathetic” mental illness, with my fists. It’s fine, i know a lot of stuff about The Beach Boys. Please remember to accept my empty apologies the next time i come back to the board after having thrown a tantrum, which, as always, i’ll have blamed on stuff happening in my personal life. Don’t worry, it’ll keep happening over and over again, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to be a sycophant towards me.

I think it comes down to the simple fact and I've said this several times as one of the biggest gathering forums for Beach Boys fans, to have daily pissing contests between essentially two members speaks very lowly of the forum.  I'm used to it by now and nine times out of ten turn a blind eye to it, but I'd imagine that more than one visitor has ventured into these threads hoping to find information on the band and instead have been subjected to page upon page of nasty abuse hurled back and forth between members.  Again it just doesn't speak well for what should be an inclusive, fan-friendly community.  So to quote monicker, yes that is "insanity" in a manner of speaking.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 12, 2013, 09:17:42 PM »

Can we please get Phil and AGD in the same room for a debate..

That would be the most interesting thing ever.

No it wouldn't.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 12, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »

The utilitarian is correct: the professor will withdraw as well if only distasteful idiocy and insult dominate this list. I draw the line here.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #347 on: May 12, 2013, 11:28:38 PM »

I'm still waiting for your reply Andrew. If I call you a liar,  will you threaten to beat me up? As I said earlier, I'm happy to supply my address.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 12, 2013, 11:47:03 PM »

I wish this board had an emoticon of a person eating popcorn from a bag.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2013, 12:15:02 AM »

If anyone takes a statement on a message board about blowing up someone's house at all seriously they need to get out more. It's a classical rhetorical device -- going over the top for effect when someone irritates you.

Between this and folks freaking out on the other thread after a mild pushback over the character of VDP, I'd say that folks here could use thicker skins. People have a right to say what they like. But they don't have a right to say it free of any criticism or questioning.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx