-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Sandbox thread for insignificant chit-chat
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandbox thread for insignificant chit-chat  (Read 108282 times)
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2013, 09:53:25 PM »

I thought this might be a good idea, just a little thread were we can talk about nothing in particular, make announcements without the bother of a new thread.

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:54:05 PM »

So, I started mirroring surfermoon.com (the cabin) at http://tomatosalad.net/surfermoon. If that sh*t ever goes down, just look there! And yes, I did get permission.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:17:31 PM by Cactus » Logged

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 10:00:14 PM »

Why bother?  That board's dead.  The archive of it might be good for a coupla laughs though. There were some good people on there. Some good people.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 10:17:09 PM »

Not the board. The board redirects to the original, it's a PITA to archive.

Mostly the chords, tabs, misc track info. Good sh*t.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:33:13 PM »

So, have you ever had a day where you feel the need to yell out "MOTHERFUCKING sh*t!!!!!" as loud as humanly possible? Yeah, me too.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 11:13:38 PM »

Funny, I just had that same kind of day!

Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 04:18:30 AM »

I have many things I want to do hobby-wise, and a few things to do work-wise. So, I'm sitting here thinking about both.

As a result, I'm getting nothing done at all.

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »

So, have you ever had a day where you feel the need to yell out "MOTHERFUCKING sh*t!!!!!" as loud as humanly possible? Yeah, me too.

Whenever I sing along to Drip Drop.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »

DID ANYONE SEE THE DEL POTRO v. DJOKOVIC GAME AT WIMBLEDON?

Holy crap, some of the greatest tennis I've ever seen.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 03:09:44 AM »

I know a lot of people here have requested videos of Polish pole dancers so here you go: http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/07/05/Polish-Pole-Dancers-Show-Moves-on-Street-Corners

Poles with poles!

Cheesy

Like I wrote on the beer thread: Poland's a great country. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:14:16 AM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 06:27:35 PM »

I'm sure many of you have been following Snowden and his wacky adventures around the world.

Here's a board he used to post on in 2007. He is TheTrueHOOHA

Like what he's doing now or not, he was kind of a dick online. "I hope you're killed by a drunk driver on Halloween."

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?p=11637280#p11637280

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »

DID ANYONE SEE THE DEL POTRO v. DJOKOVIC GAME AT WIMBLEDON?

Holy crap, some of the greatest tennis I've ever seen.

Did not watch the game, but I am watching the final. I hope Murray wins, would be fun for GB.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 09:44:43 AM »

Murray won the championship! It was tense but one heck of a victory... Djokovic did not win a single set.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 10:46:55 PM »

Edit: deleted.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:38:27 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »

Edit: deleted.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:37:48 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 07:41:28 AM »

Murray won the championship! It was tense but one heck of a victory... Djokovic did not win a single set.

Watched it in the pub, which is not the best environment to watch tennis but it was a cracking game - the best tennis I've seen Murray play, I think, although Djokovic was hardly playing at his best. Reckon Del Potro taking him through five ridiculously tense sets in the semis took the wind out of his sails somewhat.

Hopefully this also means we can stop putting ridiculous pressure on the British game to produce Wimbledon champions, because that is p devastating for players - it seemed to do for Laura Robson this year, for instance. I mean, a British player gets a modicum of success and the press/All England Club goes into fucking overdrive, putting them on Centre Court for every game, pestering them about Fred Perry, etc. No other champion (Federer, Rafa, Djokovic, etc) gets that grief.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 09:15:12 AM »

Not so long ago I watched a film in DVD called An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong, about one loser girl befriending loser girl 2. It's not a masterwork or whatever but sometimes I like seeing the movies with children in the cast. Anyway, somewhere in the midst of AAG, the main heroine referred to the other girls as "Guys!". I thought she was incorrect but then, I checked the google & turned out it's a common thing, i.e. you can say it not only to the boys - girls too.

Besides, I noticed on this forum that the majority/half of English-speaking posters insert comma before "and", "or" & "etc." Being from another country, therefore, having a bit different grammatical rules, I didn't understand it. Admittedly, the 1st thing that came to mind was, "Aren't they stupid? Who doesn't know that there's no comma before "and"?" So finally I decided to find out what the big deal about it in the Internet. Read through one of the sites & here we go: according to Oxford dictionary (which is arguably the most famous), totally correct to use comma, as opposed to not. Even though I still find it extremely wrong (no offense, folks!), that's cool to know sth. new & educative concerning traditions of other nations.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 11:10:39 AM »

Oxford comma is crucial.
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »

I always use the Oxford Comma. ALWAYS.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 09:43:02 AM »

Oxford comma is crucial.
Sure it is, but I still reckon it's very bizarre (to say the least) to use the comma before "and". Am afraid, I shall never understand this mystery. Different country mindsets.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 01:16:20 PM »

This may be "insignificant chit-chat" but, for you single guys, out at the bar tonight... be wary of any girls named Chelsea.

http://www.today.com/news/bradley-manning-i-want-live-woman-6C10974915

musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 01:17:43 PM »

This is probably not the best way to do it but I need some help.

So, about a month ago I noticed a small tremor on my right ring and pinky finger. At first, I thought it was just a pinched nerve or something due to sleeping in a bad position. I told my mother, who told me to keep an eye on it. A week later, the same started happening in my left hand. Most of the time it was the ring finger of both hands shaking back and forth, sometimes in a jerky movement. It didn't hurt but it was a bit strange.

Recently, my middle finger in my left hand started shaking too, but only a little. My fingers also have become a little stiff sometimes from the shaking, especially when I'm doing something. The shaking only occurs when I lay my hands out in front of me but I'm starting to notice it when I leave my hand hanging when I'm not doing anything with it. The shaking doesn't affect my day to day activities but it is bothersome. It happens more on my left hand than right.

Anyway, if the shaking continues for another week or two, my mother's going to have to drag me to the doctor's. I've tried googling my symptoms and it did not help. I'm betting that it could be stress or anxiety but I really don't know. Has anyone experienced this before? If you have, is there any way to deal with it?

I know it's kind of personal, but I'm tired of the shaking and I just want other options before seeing a doctor.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 10:55:19 PM »

Everytime I see what other people viewing online, there is always one that sticks the most - "Paris show at L'Olympia Bruno Coquatrix - July 8th". It's not even the best show, according to links, nor is it a reunion concert. Yet, 11 guests were checking in this thread one day.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2015, 06:50:34 AM »

About 2 weeks ago, I randomly typed "weird short films" as I knew this genre? style? format? not sure what to call it. The 1st thing's called "10 craziest short films". I watched some of em & liked No.3 "Logorama" (world in logos) & No.5 "Maggie and Mildred" (cartoon made of cross stitching). the latter was very nice and kind. but am going to find horror shorts.

rogerlancelot
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 06:27:19 AM »

"Dancin' And Fartin'":
https://youtu.be/XY5er3jEMQE
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:36:01 PM by Roger The Shrubber » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: