-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The "Complimentary" thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "Complimentary" thread  (Read 67682 times)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 09:16:07 PM »

This is a great board with some people I would like to remember....

Ghost(RIP)
vintagemusic(RIP)

Don't forget Andrew's Fern, nobody, summerinparadise.flac, thomasogg...

And as far as "good" posters go, let's not forget the contributions of Steve Mayo, aeijhtze ("H"--don't think I have the spelling right), Dan Lega, Billy C, the late Greg Larson, Smile-Holland, Jonas, Malc, Ed Roach (lots of great Dennis stories), Marty Taber, Brian Chidester, Jon Stebbins, Scott Totten, John Cowsill, Matt Jardine, Mark Linett, Carrie Marks, Alan Boyd, Peter Carlin, Steven Gaines, Steve Desper, Peter Reum, the (also) late Bob Hanes...

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
halblaineisgood
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 10:51:42 PM »

For my money, you can't beat the honored guests.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 09:09:42 PM »

Moved to the Sandbox as this has nothing to do with the Beach Boys.

I am going to say this again:

TRBB, you and the other Mods do a Fantastic job.  Really, really outstanding!  The best board on the Internet, on the best band!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:23:45 PM by heysaboda » Logged

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
MBE
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2012, 02:10:01 AM »

Wow, this is fantastic idea! Thanks for creating such thread, Lgfa! I very like to give compliments! 1st & foremost, I wanna say that whoever designed this forum, they're must be very cool folks! This is the most stylish site I've seen! Then, thanks to the moderators - Billy C, Smile-Holland, The Real Beach Boy, Jonas - for being kind & fair to all, but also strict when necessary. As others mentioned, you do the great job!

Thanks to all The Honored Guests for their useful & very informative writings, fascinating recollections, detailed reviews etc.! They definitely play a significant role in this BBs message board. Having said that, let's not forget casual fans, so-called Smiley Smile Associates. I like to read ordinary people's posts, what they think of one or another song, record etc. + their fan stories. I started to read this board back in the early 2011 and since then I did my own conclusions, so I'll honorably mention these posters' names whose posts I enjoyed & enjoy to read and whom I think of as good people overall:

drbeachboy; Ron; buddhahat; Sheriff John Stone; Steve Mayo; Aegir; SheriffJohnStone; Letsgoawayforawhile; Slow In Brain; Sail On, Brian (Btw, I used to mix up these 2 usernames, they sound almost similar); Mike Eder; Alex; shelter; punkinhead; Slim Shady; heysaboda; guitarfool2002; runnersdialzero; Magic Transistor Radio; Newguy; Cabinessenceking; Andrew G. Doe; Wah Wah Wah Ooooo; seltaeb; Rocker; Zargo; Jukka; Emdeeh; mikeyj; Susan; Wild-Honey; 18thofMay; JohnMill; Matinee Idyll; Catbirdman; Banana; hypehat; NatureShowInStereo; TimeToGetAlone; Wrightfan; monkee knutz; Dada; EgoHanger; Alholio71; LostArt; mrmoustachioto (aka Freddie); Zach95; Rolling in madness; pancakerecords... Holy mackerel, this is difficult than I thought. There are so many posters that I respect & like, including some those who don't post here anymore.

All in all, heysaboda summed it up: this is the best musical board in the Inet! And on the best band ever - The Beach Boys!   

Very kind of you to mention me. I would mention basically the same people as you except put your name in there too of course.  I really enjoy this board for all the nfo, but more because you get to talk to so many nice people.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2012, 02:26:26 AM »

Wow, this is fantastic idea! Thanks for creating such thread, Lgfa! I very like to give compliments! 1st & foremost, I wanna say that whoever designed this forum, they're must be very cool folks! This is the most stylish site I've seen! Then, thanks to the moderators - Billy C, Smile-Holland, The Real Beach Boy, Jonas - for being kind & fair to all, but also strict when necessary. As others mentioned, you do the great job!

Thanks to all The Honored Guests for their useful & very informative writings, fascinating recollections, detailed reviews etc.! They definitely play a significant role in this BBs message board. Having said that, let's not forget casual fans, so-called Smiley Smile Associates. I like to read ordinary people's posts, what they think of one or another song, record etc. + their fan stories. I started to read this board back in the early 2011 and since then I did my own conclusions, so I'll honorably mention these posters' names whose posts I enjoyed & enjoy to read and whom I think of as good people overall:

drbeachboy; Ron; buddhahat; Sheriff John Stone; Steve Mayo; Aegir; SheriffJohnStone; Letsgoawayforawhile; Slow In Brain; Sail On, Brian (Btw, I used to mix up these 2 usernames, they sound almost similar); Mike Eder; Alex; shelter; punkinhead; Slim Shady; heysaboda; guitarfool2002; runnersdialzero; Magic Transistor Radio; Newguy; Cabinessenceking; Andrew G. Doe; Wah Wah Wah Ooooo; seltaeb; Rocker; Zargo; Jukka; Emdeeh; mikeyj; Susan; Wild-Honey; 18thofMay; JohnMill; Matinee Idyll; Catbirdman; Banana; hypehat; NatureShowInStereo; TimeToGetAlone; Wrightfan; monkee knutz; Dada; EgoHanger; Alholio71; LostArt; mrmoustachioto (aka Freddie); Zach95; Rolling in madness; pancakerecords... Holy mackerel, this is difficult than I thought. There are so many posters that I respect & like, including some those who don't post here anymore.

All in all, heysaboda summed it up: this is the best musical board in the Inet! And on the best band ever - The Beach Boys!   

Very kind of you to mention me. I would mention basically the same people as you except put your name in there too of course.  I really enjoy this board for all the nfo, but more because you get to talk to so many nice people.

Would agree with that!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 07:31:28 AM »

This is a great board with some people I would like to remember....

Ghost(RIP)
vintagemusic(RIP)

Don't forget Andrew's Fern, nobody, summerinparadise.flac, thomasogg...

And as far as "good" posters go, let's not forget the contributions of Steve Mayo, aeijhtze ("H"--don't think I have the spelling right), Dan Lega, Billy C, the late Greg Larson, Smile-Holland, Jonas, Malc, Ed Roach (lots of great Dennis stories), Marty Taber, Brian Chidester, Jon Stebbins, Scott Totten, John Cowsill, Matt Jardine, Mark Linett, Carrie Marks, Alan Boyd, Peter Carlin, Steven Gaines, Steve Desper, Peter Reum, the (also) late Bob Hanes...

Forgot to mentin Ontor Pertwast. and his videos!!  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 07:41:51 AM »

guitarfool's posts are always my favorite reads.
+1

Agreed.
______

There are so many great people on this forum - such great information, great laughs, even brilliant trolls. This is by far the best online community I've been apart of.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »

I've been posting here for around 4 years! Feels weird. But I wouldn't do it if it wasn't a great community, give or take the odd blip.

If we're giving specific props, The Heartical Don, Seltaeb, Ontor Petwarst, Smile Brian, Runners, Aegir, Luther (when he shows up  Grin), John Manning, Cam, c-man, Desper... we're privy to a lot of laughs as well as great and unique perspectives and information on our favourite band! But you all rock.

Thanks.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 01:42:39 AM »

The biggest addition that sways everyone mentioned here -

Brian!!! 3D

Also Jess, Rei, au bord, john k, stockey, Will, stack-o-tracks, hal & others. You're all good (it's alright if I'm not good for some of ya).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 08:45:02 AM »

I would like to thank me for being so great. We're all lucky to have me.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 10:09:43 AM »

I would like to thank me for being so great. We're all lucky to have me.
Love

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 08:59:43 PM »

I'll also add HeyJude & Howie Edelson, who I don't agree with often, but like firm attitude & many good tidbits of info & educatedness, whatev. that means.

REDACTION: & the professor. 3D Really like his posts. Don't get why he gets mocked for writing in 3rd person. Cares who?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:03:18 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 04:23:51 PM »

The biggest addition that sways everyone mentioned here -

Brian!!! 3D

Also Jess, Rei, au bord, john k, stockey, Will, stack-o-tracks, hal & others. You're all good (it's alright if I'm not good for some of ya).

Why thank you. Agreed that this thread is a great idea, too much negativity can take its toll. So this is a nice antidote of a thread.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 10:27:16 PM »

Agreed that this thread is a great idea, too much negativity can take its toll. So this is a nice antidote of a thread.
The only constant "negativity" that occurs here is C50 end/anti-Mike stuff. Other than, I think it is a great board. but yeah, this thread was a nice idea. Shoutout to Lgafa!

MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »

Hi all,

This board is a great place to talk about The Beach Boys with other fans. 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 02:12:11 PM »

Hi all,

This board is a great place to talk about The Beach Boys with other fans. 

What are you on today?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2015, 10:15:58 PM »

M.b. the 2 of you should arrange a meet-up at Lee's art shop. police

Btw, Mary, I have a gift for you - your 'cat-me' dressed up as Christmas tree that soon will be posted. You'll like it. 3D

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2015, 03:04:41 AM »

Gotta name a couple of posters who always raise my spirits----Bean Bag and Smilin Ed H. Not to forget the voice of reason, Dr Beachboy. Kudos, guys. Lots more folks I appreciate but those names come readily to mind...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
rogerlancelot
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »

I really enjoy the writings of Clack although they are few and far in between. Also Roger the Shrubber.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2015, 05:52:23 AM »

It is very telling that the longest topic on this board is on The Smile Sessions.  380 pages of joy. - Thanks, all!
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10016.0.html

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2015, 08:57:09 AM »

It is very telling that the longest topic on this board is on The Smile Sessions.  380 pages of joy. - Thanks, all!
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10016.0.html

Its sheer length is what I find daunting. Anyone not following it from its early days has a heck of a lot of catching up to do. That said, I'm sure it makes a fascinating read. A spare decade would come in handy.  Smokin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2016, 01:45:17 PM »

Sorry! This was the right thread! I'd like to 'compliment' Andrew Hickey on his kindness and tact!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2018, 04:20:52 PM »

Buckethead is new favorite poster. 1st, she said few niceties to me & that she liked my posts which means a lot to me. I like when people care about things I say/ music links I post, to be extremely blunt. Then, she said few tales (where she's been etc.) I really enjoyed to read. & I like the style she writes in - casual, at the same time without getting too familiar & polite, sometimes playful. Hello to you.

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2018, 07:43:10 AM »

Aren't you sweet! Thank you. To answer your question in the post linked to this, I have taught high school kids for many years in what we call here "alternative schools." They are set up to educate students who cannot function well in regular schools because they have severe emotional and/or behavioral problems, often involving drug abuse and violence. Some would have been in English as a second language programs, but not all programs are available in alternative schools. Therefore, I did my best. I now tutor, sometimes adults wishing to improve their literacy skills and mastery of English to take citizenship tests, move up in their jobs, etc. What do your do?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2018, 04:34:14 PM »

Thanks. I am. :D I'd like to study literary English, the book style, to enrich vocabulary in addition to 1000 popular words everybody speaks. To do it, I read in the past books in English, Pre-Intermediate & Intermediate levels. F.ex. Oscar Wilde's fairy tales & "Alice Through The Looking-Glass". Today, there's little I read, didn't visit book shops in long time. This is detailed answer to your question. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: