gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:40:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another UK Appearance - Later On Jools Holland BBC TV  (Read 36637 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 06:50:49 AM »

John Lydon and Brian Wilson were both honoured at the Mojo awards last year so they might have met already.

You can bet Lydon is aware of Wilson and the BB's. He's a clever and astute man.. Brian must be aware of the Sex Pistols but whether he will offer an opinion is entirely down to how he feels at the time.

Perhaps they'll do a duet with 'God Save The Queen'.

"The Surfin' Regime"

How about " Funky Pretty Vacant " or even "EMI Capitol"   LOL
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:52:44 AM by Rob Dean » Logged
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 06:54:20 AM »

OR " Never Mind The Bollocks Here's Summer In Paradise "
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:55:21 AM by Rob Dean » Logged
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 07:18:07 AM »

I know Brian appeared on Steve Jones' radio show, Jonesy's Jukebox, back in 2004 and again in 2009 (I think).  Brian sounded very relaxed and at ease with Jonesy.  I listened to the 2004 show a few years ago, but I don't remember specifics.  I tried to find links, but no luck.  Maybe someone else will have better luck.
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 08:07:36 AM »

I can't wait for Mike Love's rendition of "Anarchy in the UK."
Couldn't get much worse than Spice Girl Mel C's rendition a few years ago, complete with ill-advised lyric changes :

"I am an anti-Christ, I am a Sporty Spice" !!! Huh
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 08:13:57 AM »

Dream Set:

California Girls
Surfer Girl
Isn't It Time
Surf's Up
Good Vibrations

Imagine a Surf's Up performed accoustically? I would crap myself with awe if they could do that. Jools is all about artistic integrity anyway, so SU would gather a LOT of attention!

Who would sing Surfs Up? Jeff? ugh Cry dont think Brian would risk singing it, maybe Al could somehow...probably not

Hope they dont play Isn't It Time. Its a nice enough song but its really just a nostalgic doo wop thing which would take the place of a classic which could be played
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:15:30 AM by My Brother Woody » Logged

Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 08:46:55 AM »

Dream Set:

California Girls
Surfer Girl
Isn't It Time
Surf's Up
Good Vibrations

Imagine a Surf's Up performed accoustically? I would crap myself with awe if they could do that. Jools is all about artistic integrity anyway, so SU would gather a LOT of attention!

Who would sing Surfs Up? Jeff? ugh Cry dont think Brian would risk singing it, maybe Al could somehow...probably not

Hope they dont play Isn't It Time. Its a nice enough song but its really just a nostalgic doo wop thing which would take the place of a classic which could be played

Brian could sing it with Jeff taking the insane high part and Bri splitting into a harmony part right there, just like the BWPS era. I'd love to hear them do it sometime, if for no other reason than to hear Al Jardine sing his lines from the recording.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 08:50:25 AM »

Yep. Brian is, if anything, better these days than in 2004. His voice has more clarity and expression.

I wouldn't be surprised to see

TWGMTR
California Girls
Good Vibrations

mind.... we'd be lucky for a Pet Sounds tune.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »

If most likely won't be acoustic this time around.

If I remember last time Brian was just in the UK to do promo for his up and coming "final" UK performances, no gigs.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 12:22:01 PM »

Or let Jools boogie woogie piano all over Hey Little Tomboy

This is one of these things that everyone claims happens, yet doesn't.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 01:09:35 PM »

If I remember last time Brian was just in the UK to do promo for his up and coming "final" UK performances, no gigs.

Correct - the tickets for the Gershwin gigs weren't moving at all well, so BW and the lite band flew over here to kickstart the sales. It worked well enough.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »

I heard one of the Steve Jones / Brian shows, and I recall Steve playing either God Save the Queen or Anarchy in the UK. After the set, he asked Brian 'whaddaya think?' to which Brian responded, 'rocking!'

You're right, he did seem right at home. It was a good interview.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 03:05:54 PM »

Hope they dont play Isn't It Time.

I sure hope they will play it. I'd love to hear them doing their new single.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:33 PM »

WHAT

THE

HELL ARE YOU ON ABOUT?

I absolutely hate it when old bands, especially my favorite, the Beach Boys, play their decades-old songs instead of their new shit. If you want to hear a live version of California Girls, you should've been listening the other five hundred billion times they played it. God, people like you are who the Beach Boys cater to and that's why they act like it's just surf, Pet Sounds (but only the singles!), Good Vibrations and Kokomo. WHICH I'M PRETTY TIRED OF.

I've only been a fan for 9 years and a hardcore fan for maybe six of those years, and I'm really fucking tired of hearing live versions of 409 and Little Deuce Coupe and Wouldn't It Be Nice and California Girls et fucking cetera. and I'm sure a lot of us are.  fuck.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 01:20:23 AM »

God, people like you are who the Beach Boys cater to and that's why they act like it's just surf, Pet Sounds (but only the singles!), Good Vibrations and Kokomo. WHICH I'M PRETTY TIRED OF.

I've only been a fan for 9 years and a hardcore fan for maybe six of those years, and I'm really fucking tired of hearing live versions of 409 and Little Deuce Coupe and Wouldn't It Be Nice and California Girls et fucking cetera. and I'm sure a lot of us are.  fuck.

yeah, you got me pegged, well done, i wear my Hawaii shirt to all the shows and go to the toilet if they play anything recorded post 66...hope they play kokomo with the cheer leaders as thats their best song. People like me are so annoying what with having opinions and stuff.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:22:41 AM by My Brother Woody » Logged

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:23:26 AM by My Brother Woody » Logged

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2012, 04:46:33 AM »

God, people like you are who the Beach Boys cater to and that's why they act like it's just surf, Pet Sounds (but only the singles!), Good Vibrations and Kokomo. WHICH I'M PRETTY TIRED OF.

I've only been a fan for 9 years and a hardcore fan for maybe six of those years, and I'm really fucking tired of hearing live versions of 409 and Little Deuce Coupe and Wouldn't It Be Nice and California Girls et fucking cetera. and I'm sure a lot of us are.  fuck.

yeah, you got me pegged, well done, i wear my Hawaii shirt to all the shows and go to the toilet if they play anything recorded post 66...hope they play kokomo with the cheer leaders as thats their best song. People like me are so annoying what with having opinions and stuff.

Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 04:56:57 AM »

Or let Jools boogie woogie piano all over Hey Little Tomboy

This is one of these things that everyone claims happens, yet doesn't.
OK, granted that he doesn't play over the main bands, but he does play with some artists. Maybe my exaggeration for comic effect didn't come across too well!
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 12:29:35 AM »

So, the deadline passed for applications on Monday - has anyone got any tickets for this one?!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 01:46:42 PM »

Bumping because The Beach Boys will be playing live tomorrow on the 30 minute edition of this, at 10pm   Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 01:58:44 PM »

Bumping because The Beach Boys will be playing live tomorrow on the 30 minute edition of this, at 10pm   Grin

Tomorrow? wow, the Boys are really making this an incredible week

CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »

So, no one got tickets to this one either? Is it worth turning up at this one too?! It really makes me angry!!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2012, 09:14:39 AM »

Facebook:

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »

Hmm, might watch this tomorrow morning in order to skip through the transcendental bollocks that is Muse. But then..... Live on telly....

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »

I hope they do "Isn't it time" over TWGMTR

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 10:31:33 AM »

I'll be recording the audio for this too... I'm sure the video will be held by someone else - right?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx