gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:31:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Endless Syncopation: A Movie Made Out of All The Other Beach Boys Movies  (Read 26470 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2012, 11:24:17 AM »

I was going to go with stripey shirts, but... I'll be performing from a bed with a synth to the side of the screen in a bathrobe and giant crepe hair beard with the band on the other side.

Naturally.

(EDIT: altho we're also considering a uniform of KEEP IT CLEAN WITH AL JARDINE shirts. The beard I have is sh*t. Plus my hair is black and not very Briany. More Eraserhead-ish or on a bad day, Ringo.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:19:44 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »

But I don't just use my collage skills for evil, honestly! Here's proof in the form of a super sekrit unlisted video of last friday's SILENT SHADOW OF THE BAT-MAN screening with live score by the wondrous, gifted Two Star Symphony that will do a number on your brain. Make sure to switch it to 720P fullscreen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6LtbEWwcfc

At last -- a movie that never was!

...and SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

WARNING: Contains zero Mike Love content. Now back to researching Al Jardine's beard.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:30:51 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 01:28:43 PM »

New flyer for the live show:

Oh and we added "Gee."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:29:53 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 04:37:52 PM »

added a short "Vega-tables" and trying to decide between "Shut Down" and "Little Honda" for a short link. I keep removing the old stuff and adding new stuff, which tends to happen...
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »

added a short "Vega-tables" and trying to decide between "Shut Down" and "Little Honda" for a short link. I keep removing the old stuff and adding new stuff, which tends to happen...
Little Honda! Little Honda! Little Honda!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »

Done! Decided. The footage I was gonna use for it is fairly ludicrous.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 08:54:02 AM »

This Saturday, folks! Piles of new videos. Your RDA of Murry. The Littlest Little Honda ever. I decided to jettison the guitarist as it's way too busy as it is and somebody is playing trombone/sax.... and some melodica. Come by and say hi, it's a ridiculous lineup!

halblaineisgood
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 12:31:08 PM »

For those who cannot attend, can we expect any video? Will there be an Endless Syncopations: LIVE release?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »

The Littlest Little Honda ever.
Love

Wish I could come....

And as halblaineisgood asked: will there be any documentation? Sure hope so.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »

Damn straight there will! I'll be setting up multiple cameras and hopefully a friend will man one like he PROMISED for a bit of camera movement. I kinda want to do like a three image splitscreen for youtube of it. Any bay area folks who want to help out, do get in touch!

It might take me weeks to mercilessly autotune all the vocals and add shots of audience members dancing badly.

Wait, no, I forgot that no amount of autotune can salvage my vocals. Ah well. Tuneless whining it is, then. Videos sunday/mondayish!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:06:04 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »

Damn straight there will! I'll be setting up multiple cameras and hopefully a friend will man one like he PROMISED for a bit of camera movement. I kinda want to do like a three image splitscreen for youtube of it. Any bay area folks who want to help out, do get in touch!

It might take me weeks to mercilessly autotune all the vocals and add shots of audience members dancing badly.

Wait, no, I forgot that no amount of autotune can salvage my vocals. Ah well. Tuneless whining it is, then.
Outtasight. I'd man one (camera) myself, if I could only be there. Looking forward to the YouTube stuff, then.  3D
halblaineisgood
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »

Wait, no, I forgot that no amount of autotune can salvage my vocals. Ah well. Tuneless whining it is, then. Videos sunday/mondayish!
can't wait. until then,  nothing will sate me.

EDIT:  Just sated myself rewatching Kevin Dunn's syncopated heart attack. Oops.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:56:00 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »

Kick ass, Ontor - wish I could be there  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »

It's gonna be pretty goshdarn bonkers, even faster and more frenzied than the usual videos with lots of song breaks and brass squeals.

Culminating in a warped new video and call and response version of "The Monkey's Uncle" in tribute to a fella who lived in the same neighborhood as the theater, who shouldn't be dead, who used to encourage my bargain basement feature-filmmaking and send kitschy postcards. George Kuchar!

Plus: weird footage I shot at the Hollywood Bowl, Brian sauntering off stage in Irvine the second he could, and a whole lotta singin' from our hearts.

You're flatting, dear.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:12:07 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »

Oh, and did I mention I'll have a few copies of the full DVD with lots of unseen stuff that will never be available for sale ever? San Francisco bay area, come to the show and I'll give you a copy free! What better way to nurse yourself back to health from this ordeal than to be handed two hours of... more of it.

Apologies in advance.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »

Fig. 3534. A moment of title sequence rapture at Other Cinema. Craig Baldwin lurks in the shadows.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2012, 07:02:55 PM »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:36:20 AM by God Only Meows » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2012, 04:50:52 PM »

A little slow due to catching a hideous cold on the way back. Gag cough sniff. Soon!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2012, 01:37:28 AM »

Finally up and at 'em after my lovely illness and carving the tapes to this, wow -- what an insane night! I'll try and get Don't Back Down and a few other bits up tomorrow so I'm afraid it's another tease.

To distract, have some Willips Brighton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5vmBL3KisI
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:29:42 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2012, 06:14:49 AM »

Glad to hear it kicked ass, my man

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

halblaineisgood
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2012, 08:32:47 PM »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:32:35 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2012, 08:25:41 PM »

Oh my lord...I just watched the trailer. That's some funny stuff.

Thanks! DVDs and VOD are up on Amazon, the MST3K/Mr Show/Firesign Theatre fan in me really geeked out big time snagging some of them to voice it, what a treat to have them read our dumb jokes!

I've been trying to cut the Endless Syncopation Live videos but something is wrong with one of the files, it keeps crashing all my Adobe products in a senseless way... grr! I think I'll try recapturing one of the tapes... or fire up final cut pro. Or place a giant fan aimed at my HD stack. I want to at least stick up all the new song sequences and videos like Little Honda.

In other news, we've been talking about a few more shows in SF and LA, pushing it to an hour and adding more musicians! This little test was way too much fun to stop now and I'm getting a lot more ideas now that I can incorporate actual multi-instrumentalists instead of just myself plodding away moronically.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »

If you hit up the UK, you have pints, a place to crash and a guitar player in me so keep it cooking, mate  Grin

halblaineisgood
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2012, 04:23:39 PM »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:38:30 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2012, 01:00:26 PM »

9 out of 10 dentists agree!

Say, who's the man that we admire?

http://youtu.be/p-2WAHclgT4

Johnny Carson is a real live wire. This is f***ed beyond belief. BLARAHONK!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:02:08 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx