gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:00:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK !!!  (Read 34376 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2012, 02:37:09 AM »

Well, I've just had a quick check and the best seats available via O2 are in the upper block (S5)

Keep checking through O2 , as seats in block B4 were there in the last 5 minutes.

I am sure that this is going to sell-out rather quickly at the look things , and the worrying news that this could be the only UK Show means that there could end up being a lot of broken hearts
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2012, 02:50:52 AM »

A friend whose phone is on O2 has just booked himself and his wife, and myself and my wife some tickets in a row of four (I'm paying him back)... and he told me over the phone that they were 'in the B Block'. I don't know the exact assignments yet, but assuming he didn't get confused on Ticketmaster's truly evil and difficult to follow booking site (easily done), it looks like you *can* get rows that are in the B Block via the O2 deal.

I'll know more later. But in the meantime - wayy hayyy!

MattB
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2012, 02:54:19 AM »

Good work MattyB.

It seems that they are randomly offering different blocks. I'm sure this morning they said that Blocks A and B will be unavailable so it must just be some of them that are being reserved for VIP packages.

As you said, regardless of blocks, I will be there under the same roof as Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce and Dave and I can't wait!
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2012, 02:57:11 AM »

Guys-the VIP packages are up for London:

https://v2.iloveallaccess.com/tours/beach-boys/50th-anniversary-tour/4f10181b5d4b1d25163c41253a558b91VwR5ZlV%3D/cefbc5fd1e3d267396f1daea910b05f2VwD5AmHv

Meet and Greet is £480
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2012, 03:10:50 AM »

480£?! Son of a beach!!

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2012, 03:12:01 AM »

Parents are getting me tickets for a graduation present on Friday..... I don't care where the f*** I'm sitting, tbh. I'LL BE SEEING THE BEACH BOYS

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2012, 03:33:11 AM »

I don't care where I sit either - it looks like I just lucked out with the tickets my friend has bought me. And sheesh, there's no way you'd get me shelling out for these VIP packages. The whole way these tickets are being sold really SUCKS, with different blocks being released at different times to generate maximum hard cash, super-expensive VIP packages playing on the love of fans for the band...

And -  a thousand dollars for a limp handshake with an after-show, 'rabbit in the lights' Brian & co and a signed photo? You gotta be kidding me... that's gotta be filed up there with the SMiLE Box surfboard in terms of value for money. That is, I'd rather pay for extensive root canal work in Kazakhstan before I shell for that.

MattB
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2012, 03:47:58 AM »

I don't care where I sit either - it looks like I just lucked out with the tickets my friend has bought me. And sheesh, there's no way you'd get me shelling out for these VIP packages. The whole way these tickets are being sold really SUCKS, with different blocks being released at different times to generate maximum hard cash, super-expensive VIP packages playing on the love of fans for the band...

And -  a thousand dollars for a limp handshake with an after-show, 'rabbit in the lights' Brian & co and a signed photo? You gotta be kidding me... that's gotta be filed up there with the SMiLE Box surfboard in terms of value for money. That is, I'd rather pay for extensive root canal work in Kazakhstan before I shell for that.

MattB

Why not ask Al to do that dental job whilst you're at the M & G? Two birds, one stone, etc., think out of the box, man!

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2012, 04:10:13 AM »

Don, you're giving me nightmares... it's like something from the start of that 70s film, 'The Boys From Brazil'!

[screen goes wavy and fades out]

The 'weathered gnome' Al Jardine (who of course, never ACTUALLY qualified as a dentist because the group took off first... meaning that his last dental work was probably nearly 50 years ago) is groping around in my mouth at Wembley and pulling teeth while the band soundcheck 'Transcendental Meditation' from Friends in the background.

And when I wake up from the inexpertly applied anaesthetic... I find I have The Beak Of An Eagle (TM) where my mouth used to be.

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

[sits bolt upright in bed, panting, breathing slowly returning to normal]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:11:38 AM by Matt Bielewicz » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2012, 04:15:54 AM »

Don, you're giving me nightmares... it's like something from the start of that 70s film, 'The Boys From Brazil'!

[screen goes wavy and fades out]

The 'weathered gnome' Al Jardine (who of course, never ACTUALLY qualified as a dentist because the group took off first... meaning that his last dental work was probably nearly 50 years ago) is groping around in my mouth at Wembley and pulling teeth while the band soundcheck 'Transcendental Meditation' from Friends in the background.

And when I wake up from the inexpertly applied anaesthetic... I find I have The Beak Of An Eagle (TM) where my mouth used to be.

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

[sits bolt upright in bed, panting, breathing slowly returning to normal]

LOL what rich fantasy you have, dear Matt...

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2012, 05:07:57 AM »

Don't shoot the messenger , and I know that from very good sources that we have all seen that Wembley is the only UK Show ( NME , David Beard etc...) BUT i have just spoken to someone who has given me some 3rd/4th hand information that the rumour is that both Birmingham and Glasgow will also get shows along with Dublin (Eire) .

I am rather apprehensive about this news ( to say the least ) and thus not holding my breath , but do hope it comes to fruition 
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:02 AM »

The wife and I got our tickets Smiley
Sea Devil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2012, 07:24:48 AM »

trying to make the decision now whether to fork out the extra cash to sit in the rows that are almost at the side of the stage, or playing slightly less and probably having a better over all view??
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:34:45 AM by Sea Devil » Logged

Still Lurkin'
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2012, 07:26:08 AM »

Wollen wir ein Maß Bier nehmen? Und eine Currywurst?
LOL That's an unlikely combination, though. I'll go for a Currywurst any day of the week (which oftentimes I do), but the "Maß" is pretty much restricted to the Bavarian part of the country. They eat different sausages than Currywürste, too.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29:52 AM »

LOL That's an unlikely combination, though. I'll go for a Currywurst any day of the week (which oftentimes I do), but the "Maß" is pretty much restricted to the Bavarian part of the country. They eat different sausages than Currywürste, too.

You mean the 'Weiße Wurst' or 'Weißwurst', then? And thanks for rectifying.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2012, 07:45:13 AM »

You mean the 'Weiße Wurst' or 'Weißwurst', then? And thanks for rectifying.
Weißwurst, yes.  Smiley

Where I live we're famous for the "Dönninghaus Currywurst":

But you can also get a similar one in Berlin, where some of you might be headed in early August. You gotta try it.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2012, 07:53:52 AM »

Roll Eyes

That looks heavenly! The 'Tatort' Kommissare Freddy Schenk and Max Ballauf visit an 'Imbiß-Bude' in every episode, drink a beer, and enjoy something like what's in the photo... my God, I am drooling!

Mark H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »

I've got block A2 apparently (according to girlfriends txt), thankfully my gf has a job where her boss is miles away so she could get straight on the phone this morning!

I'll have to find out what time she rang though, wonder how quick A1 sold out.  Actually looking at a seating plan it may be A3 that is the front/center block.

Now I can relax after feeling tense since yesterday!  It may be, as said above, that more dates are announced depending on how quick it sells out etc.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:48:18 AM by Mark H » Logged
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2012, 10:09:11 AM »

I've got block A2 apparently (according to girlfriends txt), thankfully my gf has a job where her boss is miles away so she could get straight on the phone this morning!

I'll have to find out what time she rang though, wonder how quick A1 sold out.  Actually looking at a seating plan it may be A3 that is the front/center block.

Now I can relax after feeling tense since yesterday!  It may be, as said above, that more dates are announced depending on how quick it sells out etc.

I don't think there's an A1 block, at least not according to the seating map I have. The three front blocks are A2, A3, A4. Congratulations for your seat, I hope I'll be able to get such a good one with tomorrow's LiveNation presale...  Tongue

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Paulos
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, I need to brush up on my German before I go as it's been awhile since I did German at school, all I remember are things like 'meine hund ist gross'!
LOL  Grin

Die Pet Sounds und Smile Alben sind absolut geil! Aber Summer In Paradise ist Scheiße, was haben die Strandjungs sich dabei gedacht?

(with this you'll get a long way already, but as Basil Fawlty emphasized: 'Don't Mention The War!')

Thanks Don, I really want some currywurst now it looks delicious!

I've booked the day off work for the 28th September, now I just need tickets but have to wait 'till tomorrow to get them as I am on Orange and not O2.
freedomaspirer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2012, 04:49:46 PM »

In comparison VIP tickets are at least twice the price of US! Glasgow? fingers crossed!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2012, 05:52:57 PM »

Don't shoot the messenger , and I know that from very good sources that we have all seen that Wembley is the only UK Show ( NME , David Beard etc...) BUT i have just spoken to someone who has given me some 3rd/4th hand information that the rumour is that both Birmingham and Glasgow will also get shows along with Dublin (Eire) .

I am rather apprehensive about this news ( to say the least ) and thus not holding my breath , but do hope it comes to fruition 

God, I hope you're right

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2012, 01:07:52 AM »

The LiveNation/Ticketmaster presale is supposed to be open but it says that "tickets are currently not available online (...) Please check back for availability."

What? Surely all tickets haven't been sold in the 2 seconds between the presale opening and my click on the website  Tongue

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2012, 01:10:40 AM »

I got mine but the seats are way up in the heavens (section N9, row R, seats 108-106)

I'm gonna see if I can pull better seats on general sale tomorrow and sell the one I have (at face value of course), it's just nice to have piece of mind.
acrossthesea
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2012, 01:22:49 AM »

Yeah, from what I could see this morning the seats were poor. I'm taking the risk with the general sale.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx