gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680781 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 08:06:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK !!!  (Read 34398 times)
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:21:26 AM »

Wembley Arena September 28th !!!

http://www.nme.com/news/the-beach-boys/64033?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fanpage-nmenews-beachboys
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 01:24:26 AM »

Woohoo!  Good for you guys!  Hopefully you get more but still great that you're getting a show.

Just met a guy from the UK who flew in just for tonight's show because he was tired of waiting for the UK dates.. LOL
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:31:54 AM »

Thanks -

I guess now we may entertain hopes that there'll be more Euro dates TBA. Since Hong Kong is Aug 25, and this one's a month later, there's space to be filled...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:50:41 AM »

Okay, I just ran around the house for 2 mins in celebration. Now all I need to do is get the tickets!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:56:00 AM »

OH YEAH

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:10:10 AM »

Okay, I just ran around the house for 2 mins in celebration. Now all I need to do is get the tickets!

I hear Wembley Arena sold out in those 2 minutes.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 02:12:27 AM »

I hear Wembley Arena sold out in those 2 minutes.

LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 02:44:47 AM »

All I can really type is

YAAAY Ahhh!
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:36 AM »

This is awesome-the first time I saw them was at Wembley Arena in 1989, aged 11. Since then, I've been to numerous BW shows and the odd Mike and Bruce show so this is like coming full circle.

I wonder if there'll be any VIP packages available.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 03:48:50 AM »

Congrats UK!

'It is part of a full European tour.'

So continental Europe, Asia mid August, Australia (TBA)  done by end of August.

Further to The Don's post. Seems odd to reform and travel for just one show? More could be added at Wembley (or elsewhere) if there is a demand.

http://www.randrlife.co.uk/beach-boys-bring-50th-anniversary-tour-to-the-uk691/

Tickets are priced at £65.00 / £55.00
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:59:08 AM by Undesirable Element » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 04:03:38 AM »

I'm happy for you guys ! Now make sure that it's gonna be a sell out

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 04:15:55 AM »

I wonder if there'll be any VIP packages available.

No.....the tour will have made enough money by then that they won't be required!

Seriously. They would be nuts not to.
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 04:30:08 AM »

Aaaaaaah! I never thought I would see this thread! Well spotted and thanks or putting it up. I am so excited but now the race is on to get GOOD tickets! They had better announce VIP ones soon otherwise I will be buying two sets for myself! I see that o2 presale is on tomorrow, does anyone know how to do this? Are there any other presale codes etc to use?

I am so happy and so glad I am in the country at this time, this year is very busy for me and this is perfect. I am so happy!!!!!!

Come on people, let's get this gig sold out! But not before I get tickets.....

I love you Beach Boys!
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 04:35:27 AM »

Aaaaaaah! I never thought I would see this thread! Well spotted and thanks or putting it up. I am so excited but now the race is on to get GOOD tickets! They had better announce VIP ones soon otherwise I will be buying two sets for myself! I see that o2 presale is on tomorrow, does anyone know how to do this? Are there any other presale codes etc to use?

I am so happy and so glad I am in the country at this time, this year is very busy for me and this is perfect. I am so happy!!!!!!

Come on people, let's get this gig sold out! But not before I get tickets.....

I love you Beach Boys!

What's the O2 presale thing and how do you do it? Anyone know? I don't have a clue about these things but want to get decent tickets for this...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 04:59:08 AM »

You need to be on the O2 mobile network.

If you're not, like me, but know someone who is, you could ask very very kindly for their login details!!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 05:34:13 AM »

ofc it was gonna happpen, UK fans have been too loyal and brought the group so much well-deserved acclaim and wealth to be ignored in a time like this.
Mike Lovechild
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 06:16:40 AM »

Fantastic!! Does anyone know does Wembley have standing? I can't sit down for the Beach boys (again!).
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 06:45:14 AM »

Wembley sometimes takes out the seating but it depends who is playing. I'd be shocked if there was standing, to be honest, although I'm liking the image of Mike Love crowd surfing during one of David's solos!!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:09:18 AM »

Well if this is it it's gonna sell out in minutes...

I just have to figure if I want to risk going to wembley or hold out for an Irish show

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 07:15:39 AM »

I bet all the best seats will not be available..   Lips Sealed

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 07:23:54 AM »

I just have to figure if I want to risk going to wembley or hold out for an Irish show

Bit of a gamble, I agree. Common sense tells me, however, that a standalone show at Wembley, a full month after the Hong Kong one, as the only one for Europe is very unlikely, from a logistical viewpoint. There was some speculation about them not visiting the UK at all because of prohibitive cost factors. My guess is that a number of good venues in the UK and mainland Europe will be selected still - I bet the Boys could easily sell out the Heineken Hall in Amsterdam for two nights.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:42 AM »

Bit of a gamble, I agree. Common sense tells me, however, that a standalone show at Wembley, a full month after the Hong Kong one, as the only one for Europe is very unlikely, from a logistical viewpoint. There was some speculation about them not visiting the UK at all because of prohibitive cost factors. My guess is that a number of good venues in the UK and mainland Europe will be selected still - I bet the Boys could easily sell out the Heineken Hall in Amsterdam for two nights.

That would seem like the logical thing to do, sadly logic doesn't always come into play with The Beach Boys  Undecided

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mike Lovechild
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 07:39:24 AM »

I hate sitting. When they sit down to play I'll sit down to watch!

Yeah I know Brian sits but that's different :D
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 07:47:33 AM »

That would seem like the logical thing to do, sadly logic doesn't always come into play with The Beach Boys  Undecided

True dat. They're the only bunch of musicians in the history of the universe who could make 2 + 2 equal 5.

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »

You need to be on the O2 mobile network.

If you're not, like me, but know someone who is, you could ask very very kindly for their login details!!

Thanks for the o2 shout ( I'm with them ) - Just noticed on the o2 Priority site that this gig already has 8,893 likes , so its going to be a great laugh trying to get tickets ( NOT !!! )
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx