gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:53:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loren Daro comments on Brian & LSD (possibly...)  (Read 70900 times)
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 05:22:53 AM »

Terry Satchen should be tracked down  police to counter the attack against his reputation. On beautiful Dreamer Daro looked and sounded dodgy.

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:28 AM »

I mean, come on, Marilyn is like a real estate agent now. Brian Wilson, avant-garde pop composer, marries a real estate agent? Hmmm.....
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 05:31:24 AM »

I find his 'comment' on Marilyn repulsive enough to not bother one iota about the rest of the text.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 05:34:01 AM »

I never understood all the vitriol directed towards Loren Schwatz. He came across as slightly callous in the Beautiful Dreamer doc, but I think a lot of that is to do with the editing. What people continually forget is that Brian was an adult at the time and 100% responsible for his own actions.

If Loren has come forward to clear his reputation then more power to him, although I wouldn't be surprised if this was just another pointless hoax.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 05:40:55 AM »

It's hard to tell what is real and what is newly-created fiction in Loren's posting. For one, I doubt he chose to refuse Wilson pot and LSD when he asked for it. That sounds like something that Daro would say now to make himself look better. But....other things sound plausible. BW putting on the act of a nervous breakdown to stop touring. If Asher and Daro were best friends, it would also makes sens that IJWMFTT was written about him. I know we all want that to be a personal Brian song, but maybe that's all it is - a fan's want.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 06:00:06 AM »

He spells Audree "Audrey"! Did anyone else notice that? That seems awfully odd, I mean he had to have known how to spell her name correctly.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 06:03:00 AM »

Well...why? I don't know how to spell my best friend's moms name. I don't even know her name. But yeah, his comments on Marylyn* bug me. "Bovine". 

*yes, I know it's mis-spelled. Sue me.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 06:11:14 AM »

He spells Audree "Audrey"! Did anyone else notice that? That seems awfully odd, I mean he had to have known how to spell her name correctly.

Hm. A bit like the ongoing mis-spelling of 'Murry' as: 'Murray', or variations thereon.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 06:29:20 AM »

I mean, come on, Marilyn is like a real estate agent now. Brian Wilson, avant-garde pop composer, marries a real estate agent? Hmmm.....
Well he also married a used car salesperson...... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 06:35:38 AM »

i thought it was weird that he said his wife was the inspiration for "good vibrations", then a paragraph later said audree was the inspiration for "good vibrations".  I'd be wary. 
William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 06:47:00 AM »

Runaways, I believe he's saying that the story about Audree inspiring GV was concocted after the event, so as to write him out of the picture.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:47:59 AM by William Bowe » Logged
Kirk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 07:16:29 AM »

Reading the post, regardless of whether it's real or fake, really makes me appreciate Danny Hutton. I was struck reading the "Darlin'" chapter in Mark's book how generous Danny is toward Marilyn---and how empathetic he is toward the position she was in at the time.  A lot of water under the bridge since the 70s (and the Leaf book), of course, but it's nice to see people who probably had reasons to be resentful during the darker years at being blamed for Brian's problems take a public position of "bygones." Granted, Brian and Danny are still friends, but whoever is calling Marilyn "bovine" seems unnecessarily cruel. She was a kid in those days!
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 07:41:46 AM »

Exactly. Maybe she just didn't like Brian's weirdo stoner friends, that's the way wives are, doesn't make them cows.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 08:08:40 AM »

i thought it was weird that he said his wife was the inspiration for "good vibrations", then a paragraph later said audree was the inspiration for "good vibrations".  I'd be wary. 

I'd read the article properly...
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »

Well, who wants to email the guy and get him over here--sounds like he wants to dialog?  We could find out pretty quick if he is who he says he is, at least.

lorrendaro@gmail.com
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »

Tried that a coupla times since the thread started.  Plus an alternate e-mail.  Seems he's now living in my neck of the woods...

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 10:25:47 AM »

I think it's a pretty big deal to say Brian has made up his breakdowns.  Has anyone else ever brought this up?

i thought it was weird that he said his wife was the inspiration for "good vibrations", then a paragraph later said audree was the inspiration for "good vibrations".  I'd be wary.  

I'd read the article properly...

Yes, I read it wrong, as was already pointed out.  Care to finish your sentence? Or do you have trouble putting your snarky remarks together?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:27:32 AM by Runaways » Logged
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »

I wouldn't want a dialog with the guy, personally (should he ever choose to participate in this or other forums).  He's not going to change his opinion about how things were.  I do understand that he wants people to know he was a "serious" guy involved in the music industry, who held a series of steady day jobs, and wasn't some stoner drug dealer.  I just don't think he's particularly kind to Brian's family or to Brian, for that matter.   The person who could resolve whether those two songs were written about Loren and his wife would be Tony Asher, since Daro claims Brian can't be trusted.  But I don't think Asher would lower himself to responding to that even if he were asked, and Daro would refute what he'd have to say, anyways.

As for Brian "making up his breakdowns," yes, there have been other people who accused Brian of that.  Murry Wilson comes to mind.  In some ways, what happened on the plane can be described as a childish tantrum as much as a breakdown.  But it would be a stretch to say Brian was "making it up" in decades since, including a few stints in mental hospitals, which are hard to get due to the laws.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »

I wouldn't want a dialog with the guy, personally (should he ever choose to participate in this or other forums).  He's not going to change his opinion about how things were.  I do understand that he wants people to know he was a "serious" guy involved in the music industry, who held a series of steady day jobs, and wasn't some stoner drug dealer.  I just don't think he's particularly kind to Brian's family or to Brian, for that matter.   The person who could resolve whether those two songs were written about Loren and his wife would be Tony Asher, since Daro claims Brian can't be trusted.  But I don't think Asher would lower himself to responding to that even if he were asked, and Daro would refute what he'd have to say, anyways.

As for Brian "making up his breakdowns," yes, there have been other people who accused Brian of that.  Murry Wilson comes to mind.  In some ways, what happened on the plane can be described as a childish tantrum as much as a breakdown.  But it would be a stretch to say Brian was "making it up" in decades since, including a few stints in mental hospitals, which are hard to get due to the laws.

The person 'claiming to be' Loren stated that the early 'break downs' were fake. But he did mention that:

"Brian’s descent was exacerbated by his excess intake of food, tobacco, cocaine, speed, downers, more LSD, as well as many other drugs given to him by, among others, Terry Satchen, as Brian related to me."

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »

Well, who wants to email the guy and get him over here--sounds like he wants to dialog?  We could find out pretty quick if he is who he says he is, at least.

lorrendaro@gmail.com

Does Charles Manson have an email address? He might be able to provide some interesting Beach Boys anecdotes as well!

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »

I wouldn't want a dialog with the guy, personally (should he ever choose to participate in this or other forums).  He's not going to change his opinion about how things were.  I do understand that he wants people to know he was a "serious" guy involved in the music industry, who held a series of steady day jobs, and wasn't some stoner drug dealer.  I just don't think he's particularly kind to Brian's family or to Brian, for that matter.   The person who could resolve whether those two songs were written about Loren and his wife would be Tony Asher, since Daro claims Brian can't be trusted.  But I don't think Asher would lower himself to responding to that even if he were asked, and Daro would refute what he'd have to say, anyways.

The person 'claiming to be' Loren stated that the early 'break downs' were fake. But he did mention that:

"Brian’s descent was exacerbated by his excess intake of food, tobacco, cocaine, speed, downers, more LSD, as well as many other drugs given to him by, among others, Terry Satchen, as Brian related to me."

Yeah, whatever else the guy is saying, he's not saying Brian isn't now, or never was, really ill.  He acknowledges that Brian became "pathological" and descended into full-blown addiction. 

There have been many discussions here about where the boundary is between how Brian "really is" vs. the possibility that he plays things up, or uses his supposed fragility or oddness to get out of obligations or avoid confrontation.  This seemed germane to all that.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 11:09:02 AM »

lorrendaro@gmail.com

Does Charles Manson have an email address? He might be able to provide some interesting Beach Boys anecdotes as well!

Not quite email, but:

Charles Manson
B-33920
4A4R51
PO Box 3476
Corcoran, CA 93212-3476

Somebody drop him a line.

No mas, por favor.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »

I think Hutton was worse than Loren Schwanz.  For years, Hutton use to snort big hog rails of coke with Brian.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »

lorrendaro@gmail.com

I emailed him since it seems like he's in the bay area. Although I'm not sure it's a good idea to refer him to this place!

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »

I think Hutton was worse than Loren Schwanz.  For years, Hutton use to snort big hog rails of coke with Brian.

This is a good point. Demonizing Schwartz just seems like double standards to me. Hell, didn't Brian give one of his daughters smack or something?

I honestly think this whole perception of Schwartz/Daro stems from his demeanor on the Beautiful Dreamer doc. The context of his interview within the narrative of the doc & the way he laughs about Brian's trip makes him appear unsavory, but I doubt this reflects the reality of the man. I just think he was the victim of manipulative editing. Does anybody have any other 'dirt' on this guy besides him giving Brian his first trip, and him describing Marilyn as 'bovine'? I seem to remember AGD having a less than glowing opinion of him so maybe he could shed some light ...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:47:54 AM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx