gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680554 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:01:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loren Daro comments on Brian & LSD (possibly...)  (Read 70108 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2012, 02:18:37 AM »

Why are some people deliberately misinterpreting Loren (if it was Loren)'s comments about Brian "faking" breakdowns?

Bearing in mind that Loren probably wasn't expecting a detailed textual analysis of what he wrote, he said that Brian faked a breakdown to get out of touring. We all know that Brian didn't like touring anyway. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that Brian played-up his nerves in order to get off the airplane and out of touring.

This does not equate to Brian has been faking mental illness for 50 years. This does not mean that Brian did not need mental health treatment in 1968, the first (?) reported instance of Brian being hospitalised.

Let's try to stick to what the man said in his post rather than extrapolating for our own personal agendas.

"He was always bullied and intimidated by these people, and found that the only way he could get away from them was to feign mental illness – hiding in his bedroom with a pillow over his head, acting erratic and unstable, etc."

"He performed this act for so long, and with everyone in his life (with the exception of myself and a few trusted friends), that eventually he became pathological."

This seems to point much more toward accusing Brian of faking mental illness in the grand scheme than just the once on the airplane. This is what people are taking issue with.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2012, 02:19:21 AM »

To be honest I don't know the precise difference between the two sets off the top of my head.

Two totally different sets of lyrics. The BWPS uses Mike's opening line as the opening line for Tony Asher's lyric was either lost or never existed to begin with. Here are Mike's lyrics next to Tony's for comparison - absolutely nothing in common, really.

I love the colorful clothes she wears / ...
And the way the sunlight plays upon her hair / And she's already workin' on my brain
I hear the sound of a gentle word / I only looked in her eyes
On the wind that lifts her perfume through the air / But I picked up something I just can't explain
... / And I'm pickin' up...

Close my eyes, she's somehow closer now / I bet I know what she's like
Softly smile, I know she must be kind / And I can tell how right she'd be for me
When I look in her eyes / It's weird how she comes in so strong
She goes with me to a blossom world / And I wonder what she's pickin' up from me
... / I hope it's...

Both sets come down to it being a "girl song", true, but they're fairly different in other ways. Asher's lyric focuses more on wondering what this person's like, trying to interpret the signals they give off, that sort of thing. Mike's deals more with the senses while seeming pretty damn confident that this girl is into him. If Brian was directing these kids, saying, "This song is about Loren's wife and how I want to bang her," he must have given pretty different directions to both Tony and to Mike.

If we're talking inspiration alone, Brian claims it was his mother, at an early age, talking about the vibrations people give to others. It was never claimed to be how he thinks his mom is hot or something as Loren alleges in his post (which is an important detail, too - he's not talking about inspiration there, he's talking what the song is about, saying people think "Good Vibrations" is about Brian's mom when no one has ever said that. Thus it's pretty clear he is indeed saying those songs are about people, not merely inspired by them).

If you want to buy what he says about the story of the song being deliberately twisted to exclude Loren's wife at all, how about David Marks claiming the "vibrations" story about the dog was actually something his mother said to Brian, not Audree? Why do both he and Brian give a fairly similar story (albeit with a different mother) as to the song's inspiration when David wasn't even in the picture in 1966?

But none of these seemingly contradictory stories necessarily preclude one another. I think in these types of discussions we become too eager to flatten out the truth.

Brian had an experience when he was young where someone told him about dogs perceiving "vibrations" that people give off. Brian carried around that idea in his head for years and felt an urge to use it as the basis of a song. He and Tony Asher decided to do a song about Loren's wife, who may have had a very singular personality that Loren's friends all recognized. Brian suggested the "vibrations" idea, and Tony Asher wrote a song that combined the two themes. Something necessitated a rewrite later on, perhaps Brian was unsatisfied with them, or maybe Mike didn't like them, who knows. In any event Mike rewrote the song based around the thematic combination that was already present. The inspiration and chorus remained the same, but Mike put a slightly different spin on things.

Loren heard or read the original lyrics, or was told by Brian or Asher that the song was inspired by his wife. Over time details have been corrupted but, honestly, I don't really understand the insistence that these things are all mutually exclusive. In fact, maybe Brian had the lyrics changed because he felt the Asher ones were too brazen and would have made Loren uncomfortable about Brian's relationship with his wife. Who knows, the point is, the creative process is complex and any work of art bears the stamp of many ideas and impressions.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2012, 02:34:07 AM »

Obviously I have no idea what went on back then, but I'd consider Mike's lyrics much more "brazen" than Tony's if it were somehow known to Loren at that time that Brian was writing a song about his wife. Tony's lyrics were always pretty plainly stated, and this is no exception. Tony has even said that his lyrics weren't meant to be the final, just a working set of lyrics, but Mike ended up writing the final.

Overall, Loren's story here just has a lot of small holes in it, to me. It doesn't really add up in a lot of ways. Why would the entire world, including Tony Asher (who's given some pretty honest answers in the past) go along with "I Just Wasn't..." being about Brian, among other things Loren says in an attempt to claim everyone involved, even his own friends, wanted to bury him?

True enough, though, that "the creative process is complex and any work of art bears the stamp of many ideas and impressions".

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2012, 02:55:06 AM »

Why are some people deliberately misinterpreting Loren (if it was Loren)'s comments about Brian "faking" breakdowns?

Bearing in mind that Loren probably wasn't expecting a detailed textual analysis of what he wrote, he said that Brian faked a breakdown to get out of touring. We all know that Brian didn't like touring anyway. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that Brian played-up his nerves in order to get off the airplane and out of touring.

This does not equate to Brian has been faking mental illness for 50 years. This does not mean that Brian did not need mental health treatment in 1968, the first (?) reported instance of Brian being hospitalised.

Let's try to stick to what the man said in his post rather than extrapolating for our own personal agendas.
I can only say that any account I've ever read/heard of Brian's first major nervous breakdown has all the signs of an actual nervous breakdown. If (part of) it was faked, it was quite a performance.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2012, 03:01:41 AM »

Obviously I have no idea what went on back then, but I'd consider Mike's lyrics much more "brazen" than Tony's if it were somehow known to Loren at that time that Brian was writing a song about his wife. Tony's lyrics were always pretty plainly stated, and this is no exception. Tony has even said that his lyrics weren't meant to be the final, just a working set of lyrics, but Mike ended up writing the final.

Overall, Loren's story here just has a lot of small holes in it, to me. It doesn't really add up in a lot of ways. Why would the entire world, including Tony Asher (who's given some pretty honest answers in the past) go along with "I Just Wasn't..." being about Brian, among other things Loren says in an attempt to claim everyone involved, even his own friends, wanted to bury him?

True enough, though, that "the creative process is complex and any work of art bears the stamp of many ideas and impressions".

I don't see that as being a hole, just one part of the truth that maybe has been overstated. I don't think anything said so far has really offered much proof that the post a hoax. Maybe it is, I'm not saying definitely either way, only that the information is plausible.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2012, 03:02:04 AM »

I can only say that any account I've ever read/heard of Brian's first major nervous breakdown has all the signs of an actual nervous breakdown. If (part of) it was faked, it was quite a performance.

Same here. And no one can keep up doing 'fake breakdowns' or fake disorders of the mind for 45+ years without ever being exposed. Way too far-fetched.

I can't understand why someone should believe that no one in the long, long list of professionals that saw Brian for medical reasons should have detected his behaviour being of the theatrical/untrue kind.

Pish!

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2012, 03:36:48 AM »

In Daros email Terry Satchen/Sachen is mentioned as the cousin from Chicagos' friend. Was the cousin Steve Kothof ? These dudes could throw some light  on what Loren is saying.

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2012, 04:20:09 AM »

Not even close.

There's a big difference between bias and/or embellishment versus flat out character assassination.

Mike Love might argue that Beautiful Dreamer was character assassination.  Just as Brian Wilson might argue that the ABC miniseries was as well.  Neither side is looking innocent in this little exchange.

Whoa, Jeff Mason.  What a delight to see that name again.

Aw, thanks, Josh...
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2012, 04:28:25 AM »

BTW one comment on this -- I believe that Peter Reum has discussed Brian's stay in an institution in the late 60's and getting put on Thorazine, and that people say his behavior changed radically after the Thorazine was administered (which is a known issue with that med).  Definitely think that the treatment could have made the problem worse, especially given that and the battery of meds Landy gave him.  Treatment could have made a not-quite-so-bad problem into a huge one.  Maybe.  We'll never know.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2012, 04:58:05 AM »

Same here. And no one can keep up doing 'fake breakdowns' or fake disorders of the mind for 45+ years without ever being exposed. Way too far-fetched.

I can't understand why someone should believe that no one in the long, long list of professionals that saw Brian for medical reasons should have detected his behaviour being of the theatrical/untrue kind.

Pish!

This is exactly what i was talking about! why are you talking about Brian faking illness for 45 years? Loren's post didn't say that.

And anyway... Loren says that Brian faked it because that's what Brian told him... who says that Brian told him the truth?
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2012, 05:05:15 AM »

"He was always bullied and intimidated by these people, and found that the only way he could get away from them was to feign mental illness – hiding in his bedroom with a pillow over his head, acting erratic and unstable, etc."

"He performed this act for so long, and with everyone in his life (with the exception of myself and a few trusted friends), that eventually he became pathological."

This seems to point much more toward accusing Brian of faking mental illness in the grand scheme than just the once on the airplane. This is what people are taking issue with.

How long was Loren in Brian's life? What time frame are we talking about here... 1964-1966? Into 1967? After that, Loren's accounts would only be second-hand. So, his "pathological" comment might refer only to the timeframe in which Loren knew Brian firsthand.

And again...how did Loren form his opinion of Brian's "faked" breakdown? Is that what Brian told him? Did Brian tell Loren the truth? What if Loren refused to give him LSD if he knew Brian had had a "real" breakdown? Would Brian have lied and said it was mostly a put-on?

There is so much we don't know, why are people taking issue with things that they have no idea even if the people involved are telling the truth and at what points? Why are people extrapolating a single internet post into "the grand scheme" of Brian's entire mental health picture for the last 50 years and beating him up over it?

The original post from "Loren" seemed credible in that it is backed up by other sources and didn't actually contain much "new" information. Why not assume that the man was telling the truth from his point of view? People seem to be attacking him for putting forward what he believes to be his honest viewpoint.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2012, 05:17:06 AM »

In fact Brian's problems post-Landy may have been seriously exasperated by his exaggeration or fabrication of symptoms which led to unnecessary treatments which caused permanent damage.

This is kind of where i draw the line on brian faking his mental illness.  No sane person would let themselves get done to them what was done.  Even if he was just faking what they said he had and going along, then there was still something wrong with him.  I do actually know what you're talking about when you talk about how schizophrenics talk.  It's sort of like their tone of voice is always like when someone says "oh i just remembered what you were talking about" or "oh yeah i remember that", but when they don't know what you're talking about.  Everyone has done it, but sometimes that's how their tone always is. To me anyway.

I actually get a hint of it in these interviews of brian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_n0ITu2qJU

Some people say he's so on the ball here, but I think there's something completely off about him, and it's really unsettling to hear him talk back then.  And I don't think he talks like this now either, sometimes he just sounds like an old man who's a bit slower than everyone else.  

Well what were his options? He could either take dangerous drugs (something he had already been doing willingly for years), or admit that for a decade he had been exaggerating his mental illness in order to get out of doing work. In the latter instance I can't even imagine the falling out that would have resulted within the band. 

If he was faking it, then he probably would have had the sense to not get taken over by Landy and beg to go somewhere else. 
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2012, 05:19:43 AM »

Sachen has passed away, not sure about Korthoff.

I don't know anything either way but my sense is Brian was certainly capable of "faking" to get his way though he seems to me to have usually just simply and plainly flat out refused to do that which he didn't want to do you had to deal with it.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2012, 05:55:07 AM »

The truth about these issues may come down somewhere in the middle. We've all heard about instances where Brian has faked symptoms to get out of difficult situations. Remember Melinda's story about Brian driving himself to the hospital and laying down on a gurney? As soon as Melinda mentioned "going to dinner," he was mysteriously fine. It doesn't mean he's not legitimately ill, but he may very well have faked some stuff in the 60s to get out of difficult situations.

Also, where Darro demonizes Marilyn, people's perceptions of others can become exaggerated if they only see one side. Don't you have friends who demonize others because they only see one side of them? Brian's 60s friends apparently didn't like Marilyn because she made it clear she thought they were bad for Brian. She probably wasn't nice to them for that reason. The other side is that she had a lot of responsibilities put on her at a young age, including protecting Brian, and had to put her foot down sometimes. But Darro saw her as someone who wasn't nice to him--even though in his words he was a friend to Brian.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2012, 05:59:51 AM »

Actually, I've seen two fairly recent interviews with Marilyn (I'm sorry, I don't recall where I saw them, maybe Beautiful Dreamer was one of them?), and she DISPUTES that it was actually a "beakdown" that Brian experienced on the plane when he decided to end his touring days. I'm really paraphrasing here, but she said something like, "I don't know, I wouldn't call it a breakdown, it was more like a panic attack..."
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2012, 06:15:10 AM »

Actually, I've seen two fairly recent interviews with Marilyn (I'm sorry, I don't recall where I saw them, maybe Beautiful Dreamer was one of them?), and she DISPUTES that it was actually a "beakdown" that Brian experienced on the plane when he decided to end his touring days. I'm really paraphrasing here, but she said something like, "I don't know, I wouldn't call it a breakdown, it was more like a panic attack..."
Which begs the question on what ground Marilyn bases her opinion. As fas as I know she's not a medical doctor.  Grin Speaking of which.. was there a proper diagnosis made on the 'plane incident'? If not.. well, then anybody could have their take on what might have happened actually.
All I know is that the accounts of the eye-witnesses seem pretty convincing to me. And Brian wasn't in no theatre club at highschool, either.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2012, 06:18:43 AM »

It's hard to explain it to people who would accuse someone who has been drugged and been through the mill for 50 years of "faking it."  

Since you keep repeating this falsehood, I suppose we need to keep repeating that he NEVER SAYS THIS!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2012, 06:26:32 AM »

Speaking of which.. was there a proper diagnosis made on the 'plane incident'? If not.. well, then anybody could have their take on what might have happened actually.
All I know is that the accounts of the eye-witnesses seem pretty convincing to me. And Brian wasn't in no theatre club at highschool, either.

Probably only Brian knows what happened on that plane. He went on and did another show after the incident, before flying home, right? Seems like a nervous breakdown would not render him able to do a show. A panic attack is quite frightening (and with very physical symptoms) but maybe doesn't have the same longterm effects as a nervous breakdown--the way I think of the two, anyway.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2012, 06:40:53 AM »

Speaking of which.. was there a proper diagnosis made on the 'plane incident'? If not.. well, then anybody could have their take on what might have happened actually.

Probably only Brian knows what happened on that plane. He went on and did another show after the incident, before flying home, right?
He pulled himself together and played the gig that evening, yeah.

Seems like a nervous breakdown would not render him able to do a show. A panic attack is quite frightening (and with very physical symptoms) but maybe doesn't have the same longterm effects as a nervous breakdown--the way I think of the two, anyway.
Well he could've done the show in either case, I suppose. Always depends on the level of what went down.
A nervous breakdown always has a history of stresses and strains, which Brian obviously had. But who knows.. may have been a panic attack, may have been a nervous breakdown, may have been something else entirely.. who knows. I just don't thing Brian actually "faked" it.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:32 AM »

Perhaps he did tell Loren that the breakdowns/panic-attacks were fake.....Maybe Brian wanted his closest friends to believe he wasn't insane.

Who hasn't lied (at one point or another) to keep a sense of normalcy in their lives?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2012, 06:45:55 AM »

Who hasn't lied (at one point or another) to keep a sense of normalcy in their lives?
You're right. I never seriously considered building a BW shrine in my living room, for that matter.

Grin
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2012, 06:48:05 AM »

LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2012, 07:01:22 AM »

How long was Loren in Brian's life? What time frame are we talking about here... 1964-1966? Into 1967? After that, Loren's accounts would only be second-hand. So, his "pathological" comment might refer only to the timeframe in which Loren knew Brian firsthand.

And again...how did Loren form his opinion of Brian's "faked" breakdown? Is that what Brian told him? Did Brian tell Loren the truth? What if Loren refused to give him LSD if he knew Brian had had a "real" breakdown? Would Brian have lied and said it was mostly a put-on?

There is so much we don't know, why are people taking issue with things that they have no idea even if the people involved are telling the truth and at what points? Why are people extrapolating a single internet post into "the grand scheme" of Brian's entire mental health picture for the last 50 years and beating him up over it?

The original post from "Loren" seemed credible in that it is backed up by other sources and didn't actually contain much "new" information. Why not assume that the man was telling the truth from his point of view? People seem to be attacking him for putting forward what he believes to be his honest viewpoint.

Doesn't "He performed this act for so long, and with everyone in his life (with the exception of myself and a few trusted friends), that eventually he became pathological. Brian’s descent was exacerbated by his excess intake of food, tobacco, cocaine, speed, downers, more LSD," give us a bit of a timeline, not to mention following it up with Landy points.  

If Loren's relationship with Brian was only in the mid-60s, and what he says about the 70s/Landy is second-hand then don't you think it's fair that people would have issue with him stating what he is about those time periods?

There are a couple words in that sentence that can sort of change the meaning depending on what he means, "descent" and "pathological".  It almost sounds like he's saying Brian kept up this act for so long that that became an illness itself (if he's using pathological by the definition).  And the "descent" seems to back that up.  
I think a timeline for what he's saying is: mid-60s Brian started faking breakdowns, which continued to the 70s when he started doing a lot more drugs and actually did lose his mind.  

Also, Loren pretty clearly says that Brian told him he faked breakdowns.  And y'know, I agree that I don't think it's fair to make Loren a villain here.  The only person to blame for Brian's drug use is Brian.  Loren seems to be giving his honest opinion on things, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  It's hard to know if Brian was lying to him about faking the breakdowns.  What if that was Loren's hold up on giving Brian drugs, so Brian just lied about it. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:04:27 AM by Runaways » Logged
The Demon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2012, 07:07:45 AM »

There is some definite truth to the idea that Brian was never "really" mentally ill. In one interview Brian says he first started hearing voices one week after taking LSD. If that's true it suggests coincidence. I've posted this before, but that seems like a very atypical experience. The onset of schizophrenia is commonly linked to stressful events, "voices" begin giving commands and suggestions when someone is troubled and unable to cope with the demands imposed upon them by their lives. A psychedelic experience does not cause schizophrenia, that is a myth and it always has been a myth. LSD is only a possible trigger for the onset of symptoms due to the incredibly potent psychological effect, which is in of itself, a type of stress.
The effect of LSD does not last forever, within 24 hours Brian would have returned to normal. If he really did begin hearing voices a week after that experience, it suggests that the beginning of symptoms was caused by additional factors which have been mis-attributed to LSD.

I would also like to add that Brian does not speak like someone with schizophrenia. There is a particular manner which people with schizophrenia seem to speak with. I cannot describe what this is like specifically, but there is a shared character that is unmistakable. I have read a good deal written by authors who lapsed into madness in their later careers, and Brian has never sounded in an interview like them. He doesn't have that particular cadence, or dissociative element that seems common. He speaks normally.

I find it highly questionable that Brian ever experienced a schizophrenic break. Especially because he received no professional treatment for his symptoms until the late 70s (and possible for a few weeks in 1968), even then Landy was brought in primarily because of issues with addiction that were actively threatening Brian's life, and not because of schizophrenia. It seems more than a little unlikely that Brian experienced these hallucinations for over 10 years and managed so well, and even managed to continue using LSD.

Of course sometimes Brian makes it sound like he always had hallucinations. So who knows. The story seems to change every time it's told. Brian is clearly lying to someone, whether it's his doctors, his family, himself, or the media no one can say. In fact Brian's problems post-Landy may have been seriously exasperated by his exaggeration or fabrication of symptoms which led to unnecessary treatments which caused permanent damage.

LSD and schizophrenia are still poorly understood, and there are gray areas of diagnosis, especially in the later part of the 60s when doctors were still coping with the impact of psychedelics. It's conceivable that Brian was able to mask parts of his dishonesty through appeal to these poorly understood areas. A few misreported symptoms, a mention of LSD use and a doctor dismissive of psychedelics could have led to some very dangerous consequences.

Great post.  It is funny to see how so many "fans" run to the drug explanation and never the child abuse.  At his worst, Brian speaks like someone who is very afraid of how people will react to what he'll say, probably from years of child abuse.  See here:

http://youtu.be/tn_0JNiqLio

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2012, 07:15:22 AM »

Great post.  It is funny to see how so many "fans" run to the drug explanation and never the child abuse.  At his worst, Brian speaks like someone who is very afraid of how people will react to what he'll say, probably from years of child abuse.  See here:

http://youtu.be/tn_0JNiqLio

Well that's how he talked in the mid 90s.  I still think all of his interviews from like 1976 show someone completely out it.  It's probably just because the drug use of that time, but he sounds totally unstable and scary to me.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx