gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 03:57:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Gig: Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater Tucson, AZ 4/24/12 (SETLIST/REVIEWS)  (Read 199257 times)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 25, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »

Man, if Brian was autotuned (and I would never condone the practice of bootlegging material ever, no sir), that would suck.

Ok, f*ck the secrecy bullsh*t. That auto-tuning sounds absolutely f*cking atrocious. What in the f*ck were they thinking? Gah.
He is being autotuned on stage?

Sounds like it. Lots of folks have been doing it for years.

Tis true. Lots of people also can do it competently. Maybe they'll cut it out. I am just honestly stunned they did it here.

Eh. It's the competent part I care about. If they can do it well and subtly, fine. If not, boot it.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 25, 2012, 06:17:51 PM »

I really hope they do.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Tord
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 25, 2012, 06:23:01 PM »

It would be much appreciated if someone would PM me!
egon spengler
« Reply #528 on: April 25, 2012, 06:24:35 PM »

It would be much appreciated if someone would PM me!

ditto.. i've got a long night ahead of me and would love a PM to keep me company!  Grin
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 25, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »

I too would appreciate a PM.  Roll Eyes
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: April 25, 2012, 06:32:24 PM »

I'd like a PM if some kind soul could assist...

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 25, 2012, 06:34:17 PM »

I'd love a PM if anyone has anything to share Smiley  Thanks!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 25, 2012, 06:42:58 PM »

I'd love a BJ

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: April 25, 2012, 06:43:49 PM »

I'd love a BJ

I'd love a BW, AJ, DM, and ML as well.

(got my PM already)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
dumbangel76
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 25, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »

Would love a PM!
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 25, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »

The autotune...........

I would take Brian's natural voice, flaws and all, over the robotic, out of tune sounding autotune. It works for whole solid notes, but some parts it's like "Mannnnn.... Do they not hear that?"
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: April 25, 2012, 06:58:02 PM »

The processing on Heroes & Villains just sounds like a psychedelic effect on purpose. The other songs don't have that. I love this rendition of Heroes, but I sure wish they added the cantina bit and ok, fine an Our Prayer/Gee opening!
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 25, 2012, 06:58:31 PM »

Pretty PM please?

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 25, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »

I'd love a BJ

I don't think those can be sent through PM. Grin
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 25, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »

Tis true. Lots of people also can do it competently. Maybe they'll cut it out. I am just honestly stunned they did it here.

Eh. It's the competent part I care about. If they can do it well and subtly, fine. If not, boot it.

Argh. I enjoy your posts, don't think I'm attacking you, but why even condone it being done subtly? Autotune has absolutely no place in a f*cking live show. None. It's as if they read fan concern over Jeff doubling Brian and thought autotuning him into oblivion would be acceptable as hay, it's still Brian.

I hate to rant about something as great as a Beach Boys reunion tour, but autotune just has no place in live performances, especially by a band like the Beach Boys. At his absolute worst of live performances of the last ten years or so, he's still sounded passable, and it's never been "bad" for an entire performance (that I've seen). This whole "Brian clearly can't sing, we have to ensure that it sounds like he's still as good as he was in '65" sentiment from his camp needs to end already - it's a huge slap in the face to Brian's talents, Brian as a human being, and fans who pay for these tickets and recordings.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:04:02 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
egon spengler
« Reply #540 on: April 25, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »

hearing the Boys backing Dennis on Forever is heartbreaking and tremendous. i don't know if the video adds to the experience or takes away from it, but i'm tearing up listening to it on my couch.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 25, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »

Remember When I PMed you all H&V?

This is my "Owe you one" PLEASE!

ohthosegirls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 25, 2012, 07:02:44 PM »

PM me please  angel
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 25, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »

Ergh. I enjoy your posts, don't think I'm attacking you, but why even condone it being done subtly? Autotune has absolutely no place in a f*cking live show. None. It's as if they read fan concern over Jeff doubling Brian and thought autotuning him into oblivion would be acceptable as hay, it's still Brian.

I hate to rant about something as great as a Beach Boys reunion tour, but autotune just has no place in live performances, especially by a band like the Beach Boys. At his absolute worst of live performances of the last ten years or so, he's still sounded passable, and it's never been "bad" for an entire performance (that I've seen). This whole "Brian clearly can't sing, we have to ensure that it sounds like he's still as good as he was in '65" sentiment from his camp needs to end already - it's a huge slap in the face to Brian's talents, Brian as a human being, and fans who pay for these tickets and recordings.

Agreed. I'll be going to see them next Wednesday and sure hope something is done with it, as in it is eliminated, or it'll be a shame. Maybe they just tried to see how it sounded during an actual concert. Hopefully they heard it sounded like crap.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 25, 2012, 07:16:26 PM »

Argh. I enjoy your posts, don't think I'm attacking you, but why even condone it being done subtly? Autotune has absolutely no place in a f*cking live show. None. It's as if they read fan concern over Jeff doubling Brian and thought autotuning him into oblivion would be acceptable as hay, it's still Brian.

But what can we do?

Really, man, what can we do?

My preferences are more or less the same as yours, but I'm not under any illusion that they will make any difference to how this plays out.

So I hope for the best. I've had more than a dozen years to enjoy Brian singing flat and unmolested. If they must use autotune, fine. I can't stop them. But as a listener, I just don't want to be distracted by it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:19:21 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #545 on: April 25, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »

hearing the Boys backing Dennis on Forever is heartbreaking and tremendous. i don't know if the video adds to the experience or takes away from it, but i'm tearing up listening to it on my couch.

True dat. I'll probably lose it at the concert.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 25, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »

I'd love a BJ

Yeah.... but then again, Tupac can't do concerts with Snoop Dogg anymore either... BUT I SAW HIM DO IT ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO.

So you never know.  This damn technology is amazing.  
RCTID
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 25, 2012, 07:22:49 PM »

what's this about PM's?

i don't know what's going on, but if everyone else wants one then i want one too.  Grin

please?

"you've got the beach boys...your firms got the stones"
SG7
« Reply #548 on: April 25, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »

Wow I didn't even notice this? When is it the most evident?
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 25, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »

I'd love a BJ

Yeah.... but then again, Tupac can't do concerts with Snoop Dogg anymore either... BUT I SAW HIM DO IT ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO.

So you never know.  This damn technology is amazing.  

Well, this one needs to get done ASAP then.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx