gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:55:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Gig: Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater Tucson, AZ 4/24/12 (SETLIST/REVIEWS)  (Read 197970 times)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2012, 04:22:39 PM »

Definitely something not entirely natural going on with Brian's voice every once in a while. Sounds like T-Pain. (Google him if you don't know who that is. Or don't.  Grin)

No mas, por favor.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »

I've read the whole topic! I have to say i'm very happy for you guys who get to go and it makes me hope they can make it over to the UK at some point. I would really love to hear some footage of the concert though. Seriously no YouTube footage? Huh How have some of you already heard parts of it?
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 25, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »

I would also be very interested in where everybody are hearing these recordings from last night. Anybody wanna hook a brotha up?
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: April 25, 2012, 04:27:17 PM »

I'd like to hear the last night show too. Any info?

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 25, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »

In reference to absolutely nothing, the private message feature is very useful. Others are watching.
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 25, 2012, 04:29:52 PM »

Not video, but a few good photos.

http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/music/photos-the-beach-boys/collection_565ea5ac-8e91-11e1-9f6c-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=image&photo=1
adavidw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 25, 2012, 04:30:21 PM »

There's been a few comments here as to whether the venue was sold out or how full it was, so I thought I'd share my experiences from my viewpoint:

All the available seated tickets were actually sold out... for a while. The problem is that the theatre or the band or someone actually held back many many seats. I bought my tickets the second they went on sale, and only managed row FF, but I could see on the venue's web site that most of the seats in the front sections were marked as "Not Available" rather than being marked as "Sold".

I suspected these seats might become available later, so I checked periodically. Sure enough, some better seats became available about two weeks before showtime, but many more were still being held. The night before showtime, suddenly about 250 really great seats (some as good as 2nd or 3rd row) suddenly became available. Several of these were purchased over the night or the next day, but that was just too many to unload that quickly to a crowd that had already bought their tickets.

When I got to the venue at 45 minutes before showtime, there were still over 100 seats left unsold, all of which were better than the ones I bought at 10:01 the morning the day they went on sale. I walked up to the box office ready to pitch a fit, but they were extremely cool about refunding my original tickets and selling me a pair in the 5th row.

Even as of showtime, the same 100 tickets seemed to be still available when checking from my phone, and they were all clumped together in prime locations, too, which I'm sure looked bad to the band and the fans, especially to those fans like me who bought tickets right away and got crappy seats.

So, whether it was the band or the venue or the promoter responsible for holding so many back, they could have managed it better, either by holding less back, or returning them sooner, or at least sending out some sort of email/twitter/facebook blast to let people know when primo seats suddenly became available for sale the day of show.

For those of you going to future Beach Boys shows (or any concerts): If you're not happy with your tickets, or you didn't get tickets yet because you couldn't get good seats, check with the box office or the venue website frequently in the days before the show. It's not uncommon to have good seats get released like this. I've never seen quite this many get released and go unsold, but I've occasionally managed to get really great seats to a show that I wouldn't have gone to otherwise because I wouldn't have been able to get good seats otherwise.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 25, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »

Thanks Sonora for the heads up.

here are the pics:

Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedĺrar

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 25, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »

I've never used the PM feature here.  Anyone want to send me a "test"?
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »

... and the not-quite-so-flattering review from the local daily.

In the print edition, one of the songs performed was listed as "I Wanna Go Home". It was corrected to SJB in this online article, but still makes one wonder how familiar the writer is with the group, if at all. "I Wanna Go Home"? Really??

http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/music/beach-boys-catch-a-nice-wave-even-if-it-takes/article_76276595-2632-5e01-b563-1dc51d27c845.html
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2012, 05:07:31 PM »

... and the not-quite-so-flattering review from the local daily.

In the print edition, one of the songs performed was listed as "I Wanna Go Home". It was corrected to SJB in this online article, but still makes one wonder how familiar the writer is with the group, if at all. "I Wanna Go Home"? Really??

http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/music/beach-boys-catch-a-nice-wave-even-if-it-takes/article_76276595-2632-5e01-b563-1dc51d27c845.html

I love when people don't know a song title and just make sh*t up. ^_^

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »

It's sounding like they used Dennis' studio vocal for "Forever", while they used what sounds like the 1980 Knebworth live vocal for Carl on "God Only Knows." Surprised how smoothly it comes off. It's still weird only in that there's a weird brain dissonance going because you recognize both the recorded and live elements very well, and they totally go together perfectly, but they shouldn't exist in that configuration. While Carl didn't sound exactly the same in, say, 1997 as he did in 1980, it was interesting to hear something a bit like what it would have been like had Carl been with us on this tour.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RickD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »

Id appreciate if someone could check that my PMs are working please
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »

Surprised this is being passed around through PMs rather than there being 5032 recordings of it on YouTube. The folks in power can shut stuff down on YouTube, true, but there's generally no way to contain the amount of videos going up for a concert, especially one like this.

On that note, consider this a pathetic PM request, too Sad

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »

I'd think they must have been pretty good if rolling stone gave them a positive review
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »

To me they sound great..

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »

Man, if Brian was autotuned (and I would never condone the practice of bootlegging material ever, no sir), that would suck.

Ok, f*** the secrecy bullshit. That auto-tuning sounds absolutely fucking atrocious. What in the f*** were they thinking? Gah.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:55:32 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »

Where are people hearing the new live stuff and why is it being kept such a secret from everyone else? This board and these secrets. Geez. Cruel.  Roll Eyes  A message board where nobody can talk 1/4 of the time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:01:13 PM by NatureShowInStereo » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2012, 06:01:16 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,3654.0.html
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:07:13 PM by Wirestone » Logged
egon spengler
« Reply #519 on: April 25, 2012, 06:01:37 PM »

ahem, i would like to be let in on all the listening fun. Oh hey guys, I'm being cute and testing the moderators!lease let Yes yes yes, I don't know how to follow the rules!e wonder...
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 25, 2012, 06:07:30 PM »

Man, if Brian was autotuned (and I would never condone the practice of bootlegging material ever, no sir), that would suck.

Ok, f*ck the secrecy bullsh*t. That auto-tuning sounds absolutely f*cking atrocious. What in the f*ck were they thinking? Gah.
He is being autotuned on stage?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 25, 2012, 06:08:19 PM »

Ok, f*ck the secrecy bullsh*t. That auto-tuning sounds absolutely f*cking atrocious. What in the f*ck were they thinking? Gah.

Sounds like it. Lots of folks have been doing it for years.
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 25, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »

Robo-Brian 2000, is what it sounds like.
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:12 PM »

There would appear to be a lot of fan-shot live footage (of many shows spanning the band's career) coming from YouTube floating around on the board, though. Those are OK but fan-shot footage of the new tour that we all want to see and hear and a lot of us have tickets for is off limits? Interesting, to say the least.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:16:07 PM by NatureShowInStereo » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:22 PM »

Sounds like it. Lots of folks have been doing it for years.

Tis true. Lots of people also can do it competently. Maybe they'll cut it out. I am just honestly stunned they did it here.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx