gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 02:06:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Gig: Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater Tucson, AZ 4/24/12 (SETLIST/REVIEWS)  (Read 199251 times)
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2012, 11:25:38 AM »

TimmyC, I'm sorry, sure don't intend to leave the wrong impression. In my opinion, the package was worth EVERY PENNY I paid, if just for the fact I had a great seat for the concert that I couldn't have possibly acquired any other way. A couple of snafus with the VIP portion the first night, but those will work out better later on. For the meet & greet, I'd just suggest being aggressive. Pick the one you'd most like to say something to & tell him what's on your mind, & then try to move on to the next before the photo. Wish I had planned a little better & known a little more beforehand, but I felt the Beach Boys (with the obvious and understandable exception of Brian) were most co-operative. It was quick, but I'm still thrilled today!  

Thanks for all the info, SonoraDick! Was the backing band around available to be met or was it just the 5 Boys?
Wylson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »

Mike sounds excellent
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2012, 11:28:12 AM »

Brian sounded real good on Surfer Girl, Sail on Sailor, Heroes and Villains and TWGMTR (!). As did the whole outfit. Stellar sound. Good mix (no worries necessary about a "Foskett show").

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »

Thanks for the show and meet and greet reviews, SonoraDick.  That's weird that they're sending mixed signals about the autographs.  Question, regarding the photo with the band...do they just snap the picture as you walk up and greet the guys or is there an opportunity to say hello and then all pose for the picture?   I ask becauase on the VIP nation FB page photo section of other meet and greets it appears that many fans seemed unaware of their photo being taken and have pictures of them talking with the artist and even hugging the artist (back towards the camera) so it made me think just how "prepared" the fans were when they walked up to the artist.  Any info on that would be great!

Justin, The photo was shot by our VIP "host, who was a nice guy. I doubt that he took any pics without the subject knowing... but I made sure to get my talking in before since I knew there were others waiting their turn after. This sounds stupid, but I can only say I THINK I remember looking into his camera. Guess I'll see when the photo is available for download. That part all happened pretty fast when it was my turn.

Your event may be different, but I'll bet the "itinerary" you'll receive from VIP is standard... no time for autographs. But, they don't do it in front of you anyway. So, regardless of what it says, bring something you'd like signed with you.

Thanks for the info!  I'll try to be mentally prepared for it and your tip about being focused seems to be a good way to go about it.  I definitely don't expect this to be a calm, "let's all hang out with the guys" thing so I'm looking at it as very "in and out and we're done" kind of thing.  So my expectation on this are pretty realistic, I think
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2012, 11:31:43 AM »

I'll be at the Santa Barbara and Irvine shows!  You going to any?

Too bad, I'll be Las Vegas and Hollywood Bowl.  Oh well, hope you have a great time.  Thanks for your work last night.

My pleasure---it was really fun!

I wanted to go to the Vegas shows but alas, couldn't swing it.  The VIP ticket definitely comes in handy at the Bowl--otherwise you'd be pretty far off in the back.  Have a great time and also share your reviews and pics!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »

Brian sounded real good on Surfer Girl, Sail on Sailor, Heroes and Villains and TWGMTR (!). As did the whole outfit. Stellar sound. Good mix (no worries necessary about a "Foskett show").

How do you know ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »

I wonder too! :D

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 25, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »

That is a REALLY COOL PHOTO  Grin Grin Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 25, 2012, 11:50:01 AM »

Please share.  Cry
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 25, 2012, 11:54:54 AM »

Is Brian wearing Chuck Taylors? That's probably why his back hurts, those things are terrible for your feet.

No mas, por favor.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »

Thanks for the Soundcheck review and for the answer to my question concerning Mike Love's voice, Sonora Dick! Good to know he can still project and that the on-stage bantering has been reduced to a minimum!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »

Was Brian singing Carl's part on "Kokomo"?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 25, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »

Sure sounded like it to me. I think that is kinda awesome if it is.
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 25, 2012, 12:15:29 PM »

Surprised the apparent ABSENCE OF STAMOS hasn't gotten more attention.
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2012, 12:16:13 PM »

It's Jeff.

SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »

My photos from last night are way too big to post here, and, since I was going to put a few on Facebook anyway, I put up a bunch of them there & made them public so anyone can see them, friend or not. (I'd gladly be friends with any of you!)  
If you're on FB, you can find them under  Richard Shattuck
Warning... some are not that great; would not have posted other than to try to include as many performers as possible. A few are from the soundcheck; the actual concert shots were all taken within 7 minutes.  
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 25, 2012, 12:16:43 PM »

I dunno judgin from the video it seems like Jeff to me.  I can maybe hear Brian on a few parts (unless my brain think it hears Brian) but I believe it's most Jeff especially the very high parts.  Maybe Brian takes care of the lower sections while Jeff doubles for him on the high section.  The cameras on stage are pointing towards Jeff when that part is sung. I'm going to go with Jeff.  A better quality recording will give us confirmation.
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »

Thanks so much to everyone who kept us updated through the whole thing last night and gave reviews today. Tomorrow night it's my turn and I'm more excited than I thought was possible. Can't wait!
SG7
« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »

Great shots!!
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2012, 12:26:24 PM »

Just out of curiousity, has Brian ever had live autotune on his voice before, and did anybody notice anything weird about Brian's leads from last night?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2012, 12:29:33 PM »

Just out of curiousity, has Brian ever had live autotune on his voice before, and did anybody notice anything weird about Brian's leads from last night?

As to the first question, not that I ever heard over seeing him multiple times from 2000 to 2009.

As to the second, I'd have to hear it (ahem) to say.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2012, 12:32:20 PM »

My photos from last night are way too big to post here, and, since I was going to put a few on Facebook anyway, I put up a bunch of them there & made them public so anyone can see them, friend or not. (I'd gladly be friends with any of you!)  
If you're on FB, you can find them under  Richard Shattuck
Warning... some are not that great; would not have posted other than to try to include as many performers as possible. A few are from the soundcheck; the actual concert shots were all taken within 7 minutes.  

Thanks for the pictures !!

I must say, Mike and Bruce should settle on blue jeans or something like that. Those pants don't fit well with the shirts. The other guys looked good

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »

yes, thanks again SonoraDick - your comments are really appreciated. Thanks for the time to respond not just to my questions, but others as well. I'm going to try and keep my VIP expectations in check (I still have bad seats - the may 12th show was the first to go on sale - by the time they started offering VIP, you could only get an "upgrade" to your original ticket which means you get everything the VIP package has to offer at other shows except the front row seats part). I'm ridiculously excited about the show, absolutely love TWGMTR, and can't wait for the new album. I think the setlist is great, but I pretty much love EVERYTHING the BBs have done and wish there were more deep cuts. Even super deep cuts like stuff off of SIP (great songs on that) and KTSA (LOVE that album!!!!)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »

BTW Brian really sound sgood on Surfer Girl..... *cough*

- Jack Rieley
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2012, 12:38:06 PM »

woooooot Rocker! Let me join the group that can say that!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx