gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:30:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Gig: Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater Tucson, AZ 4/24/12 (SETLIST/REVIEWS)  (Read 199020 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 25, 2012, 03:55:13 AM »

WHERE MY VIDS AT?  Roll Eyes

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: April 25, 2012, 03:55:44 AM »

Maybe Brett's touring with Taylor, Bob & Jimmy.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: April 25, 2012, 03:56:18 AM »

Who filled in?

Mikey. I know, I never knew he played bass either.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 25, 2012, 03:56:50 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2012, 04:03:51 AM »

So that sounds AMAZING!

No UK dates.... bah. Hopefully one of you enterprising lot tapes one of these shows  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #355 on: April 25, 2012, 04:08:59 AM »

So that sounds AMAZING!

No UK dates.... bah. Hopefully one of you enterprising lot tapes one of these shows  Grin

I don't have anything decent for field recording (as in portability and getting past security) but I do have fabulous seats. I'm just going to go and enjoy myself without having to worry about taping. I've done it at a few concerts a long time ago and I never got good results and wound up missing out on all of the fun instead. Let somebody else do it. I bet you that eventually at least one recording from each of these 60+ concerts will show up and we can do A/B tests on each version of "Barbara Ann" with detailed notes on what distinguishes each version from being unique.
Fro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 25, 2012, 04:19:50 AM »

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/music/articles/2012/04/24/20120424beach-boys-reunion-tour-launch-review-tucson.html

Review of the show from The Republic
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:31 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

As I noted some time ago , Brett has been rather busy with Melissa Etheridge , however he was at the Grammy's
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 25, 2012, 04:31:59 AM »

i think Brian has to get used to the spectacle of this tour.  And like someone said, brian doesn't really get etiquette, he never has right?  I'm sure he'll be fine.  *please sitll be there june 8th*
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 25, 2012, 04:40:29 AM »

Article says Dave had no lead vocals but from the info floating it says he sang lead on Wendy and DYWD, think I believe the latter. Glad they played Disney Girls otherwise Bruce really wouldn't have much to do since all his leads have been given away.
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 25, 2012, 04:51:32 AM »

Aaah! The more I hear of this show the more it excites me! But it's so upsetting that the UK will miss out on this. I can't afford to go abroad for just one show so looks like I'll just have to watch this wonderful spectacle on youtube or a DVD.

Please sort it out now!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 25, 2012, 04:54:10 AM »

Aaah! The more I hear of this show the more it excites me! But it's so upsetting that the UK will miss out on this. I can't afford to go abroad for just one show so looks like I'll just have to watch this wonderful spectacle on youtube or a DVD.

Please sort it out now!
I don't know.. what are the chances of the management still trying to somehow fit in UK dates? Pretty slim, eh?  Undecided
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 25, 2012, 05:13:37 AM »

They just can't miss some of the biggest markets out! I am losing hope but I am keeping everything crossed that something will be done. I'll sort it out if they need me to! I can come up with loads of venues!
Fro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 25, 2012, 05:57:26 AM »

Please sort it out now!

They'd be idiots not to release a Blu-Ray/DVD of the tour at some point.  I would guess they will set up the cameras at one of the venues where they're doing 2 shows.  Although there's actually no reason not to be recording at least all the audio of everything on the tour.

They just can't miss some of the biggest markets out! I am losing hope but I am keeping everything crossed that something will be done. I'll sort it out if they need me to! I can come up with loads of venues!

I'd be shocked if they don't have several UK shows but it might be an entirely different leg of the tour.
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 25, 2012, 06:02:53 AM »

WHERE MY VIDS AT?  Roll Eyes

I hope they don't show up here.  They'll be nuked within hours.

It sounds like a good time was had by all last night.  I'm glad Bruce got to do "Disney Girls"  Grin

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2012, 06:09:30 AM »

What's in the merch boooth?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:00 AM »

I come at this more from a pragmatic point of view than a fawning “let’s be thankful for anything” mentality, but that is a surprisingly varied setlist. Only 12 songs from ’66 to ’77? That’s actually really surprising. Yes, it’s weighted towards pre-’66 stuff. But we’ve all seen past Beach Boys setlists, right? Despite some recent years of interesting setlist inclusions, we are all well aware of what a Beach Boys show from, say, the 90’s was like, right? Other than that late ’93 extended set, we often got 90-minute shows with the same 28 songs touching on not much post-Pet Sounds stuff beyond “Kokomo”, “California Dreamin’”, maybe “Summer in Paradise”, and a few other things.

On this tour, we have a Brian-led Beach Boys band doing “All This Is That”? That’s kind of mind-blowing. Hearing Al, Bruce, and Mike sing along with Brian on “This Whole World”?

Again, not trying to gush or over-hype this. But realistically, to start complaining that they didn’t do something from “Love You” or some other random 60’s song that you like, I think this is asking too much. We’ve got a setlist of however many songs, 42 or whatever it is, with a seemingly decent distribution of lead vocals.

I’m pleasantly surprised so far.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: April 25, 2012, 06:18:10 AM »

disappointed that they did Kokomo in the encore after Al dismissed the idea during his record store day set.

Al meant he wasn't going to do it that day in the record store.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: April 25, 2012, 06:18:55 AM »

Is Brian's hair brown?

No, that's Al.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
Jim McShane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 25, 2012, 06:22:24 AM »

Who filled in?

Mikey. I know, I never knew he played bass either.

He played bass on most of the 'Mints CD cuts, and quite well I might add. He played some guitar with the BW band during his first stint.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2012, 06:26:30 AM »

What was the song with the spanish line?

Yeah, what was the song with the spanish line?

—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 25, 2012, 06:28:32 AM »

What was the song with the spanish line?

Yeah, what was the song with the spanish line?
[/quote

I'm guessing "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" which will be rotated into the set as the tour goes on, hopefully along with some other rarities.

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2012, 06:29:42 AM »

I'd like to hear more about the VIPs - Were all the BBs at the meet and greet? What was it like? What about the photo? Was it an individual photo or group photo and were all 5 BBs in it? How much face time did you get with any or all of them? I assume that you at least were able to shake hands with each? What was soundcheck like? What was in the goodie bag?? Were the VIP hosts friendly??
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »

Wouldn't it have been great if the 5 BB did a song like "Surfin'" alone, that would've been mindblowing for example.

I kinda expected "Hearts" or "Graduation Day," done in the traditional way — at least for a minute or so, as an intro to something else, maybe.

—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2012, 06:41:12 AM »

Just came back from work and still no video, aaaah I wanna see it!!!!!!!!

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx