gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:26:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Gig: Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater Tucson, AZ 4/24/12 (SETLIST/REVIEWS)  (Read 197978 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 04:42:03 PM »

If they dont' do "Ding Dang" anywhere in the set---this tour is one big FAIL  Cool

I'm like 30% serious.
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »

Mate, it's clearly going to be Ding Dang

You're close.  It's been confirmed that they will open with "Rollin' Up To Heaven".  
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 04:44:11 PM »

Sorry if this has been posted , but a very interesting quote from Bruce on the BBB Board

Steve:
There is one song that I know of going on the set list that has a couple of small sections sung in spanish (but it's not "Kokomo")...

Bruce Johnston
Tucson, Airzona
April 23, 2012
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »

Sorry if this has been posted , but a very interesting quote from Bruce on the BBB Board

Steve:
There is one song that I know of going on the set list that has a couple of small sections sung in spanish (but it's not "Kokomo")...

Bruce Johnston
Tucson, Airzona
April 23, 2012

I'd imagine "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times".  But very interesting. 
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 04:52:14 PM »

Steve:

Bruce Johnston
Tucson, Airzona
April 23, 2012

I'd imagine "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times".  But very interesting. 

Just maybe a NEW SONG that hasn't been mentioned anywhere yet , lets hope  Cool
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »

And per the attached the BB's will be singing live along to Videos of Carl (GOK) and Dennis (Forever)

http://atlanta.metromix.com/entertainment/3047287

I really don't know how I initially feel about this 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:45 PM »

It's kind of a shame, as Brian and Bruce can both sing GOK nicely, and that's more fitting tribute.

No holograms, at least?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »

And per the attached the BB's will be singing live along to Videos of Carl (GOK) and Dennis (Forever)

http://atlanta.metromix.com/entertainment/3047287

I really don't know how I initially feel about this 

Doesn't say it will be them singing, just video. Perhaps it'll be like how they did Can't Wait Too Long.

By the way, saw tomorrow's venue on Google Maps. They're literally playing in the middle of the desert! Very cool.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »

Or they're singing "Forever" and GOK live, while videos of Dennis and Carl play in the background. At least, that's the way I understand it....

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 06:05:42 PM »

Or they're singing "Forever" and GOK live, while videos of Dennis and Carl play in the background. At least, that's the way I understand it....

Yep, that seems far more likely. Interesting that the show will have this amount of multi-media stuff going on. At least we know they're spending some of that ticket price on something more elaborate!

I'm not big on needing this sort of thing, but if it's only video in the background, that's cool. If they start flying in old vocals, that will get pretty weird.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 06:36:07 PM »

Well, they HAD to include Carl and Dennis in some way. Whichever way will be fine. Fans would jump on them if the two deceased brothers weren't represented. And, as stated above, it's great that they're putting some production into the shows.

Edit: spelling corrected.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:45:09 PM by Dr. Lenny » Logged

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »

the two diseased brothers 

That made me laugh.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »

the two diseased brothers 

That made me laugh.

Thank goodness for penicillin.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »

To tell the truth, I'm a little disappointed that they removed the surprise element of this from the show - although, come tomorrow, the shows will be discussed ad infinitum, and the surprise will be gone anyway...
That being said, "Forever" is mindblowing... and I'm not just saying that because a photo of mine kicks it off!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 07:55:51 PM »

To tell the truth, I'm a little disappointed that they removed the surprise element of this from the show - although, come tomorrow, the shows will be discussed ad infinitum, and the surprise will be gone anyway...
That being said, "Forever" is mindblowing... and I'm not just saying that because a photo of mine kicks it off!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »

I mentioned the possibility of this in December.

My vote would be Elvis style video of GOK with Carl, and Dave singing lead on YASB with pictures of Dennis showing.

Would now prefer the band singing with just soundless video playing overhead. We will see tomorrow.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 10:52:25 PM »

That's wonderful to read.  So glad they did the Dennis tribute right.  I'm sure the Carl tribute will be just as memorable.
Jaspy
Smiley Smile Associate

That's not me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »

Yes, since I'm active on facebook, I feel the need to give a thumbs-up to every post I like.
Perhaps they could include a thumbs-up function here.

Too bad there are no holograms.
I know, I'm probably the only person in the world who would've loved that.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 11:22:15 PM »

I'm really excited for this..

It's gonna be fun following this show tonight

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jimmie_R
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »

How long is it until the show starts?
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 12:14:36 AM »

It's hard for me to believe that there's going to be a Beach Boys concert later today featuring Brian Wilson.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 04:03:39 AM »

I mentioned the possibility of this in December.

My vote would be Elvis style video of GOK with Carl, and Dave singing lead on YASB with pictures of Dennis showing.

Would now prefer the band singing with just soundless video playing overhead. We will see tomorrow.

I remember we talked about that. I'm happy it will be done. Maybe our suggestions were seen by the powers who look onto this board. Anyway, I'm really glad Dennis and Carl will be heard and that with such great song. Wonder which versions they'll use. Live versions or the - easier to isolate - studio recordings ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 04:20:02 AM »

"Gotta get a ticket cause I really gotta go
There's a party goin' down at the rock'n'roll show
Baby get ready if you really wanna go
Now everybody's goin' to the rock'n'roll show"  Brian, Dennis, & Carl
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 05:02:31 AM »

How long is it until the show starts?

Like 12 hours
Wylson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 06:46:41 AM »

Steve:

Bruce Johnston
Tucson, Airzona
April 23, 2012

Could me 'at my window'
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx