gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680781 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 08:32:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Gig: Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater Tucson, AZ 4/24/12 (SETLIST/REVIEWS)  (Read 199186 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:57:13 AM »

Taken from a short convo in the Tour Dates sticky above, I thought it'd be good to start up the thread as a placeholder for the first gig tomorrow.  Hopefully this will start a trend where each specific gig gets their own thread here on the board.  I think it'd be a better way to organize the posts considering I'm sure everyone will be posting their reviews/pictures/videos/news articles about each gig.  Might be best to organize it this way so it's easier to find later?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:30:06 PM by Justin » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »

Meet and Greet Reviews by SonoraDick starts on page 16 of this thread:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,12772.msg265565.html#msg265565

Set List (with thanks to Manchini!)

Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater, Tucson, AZ 4/24/12

Do it again
Catch a wave
Don't back down
Surfin safari
Surfer girl
Little girl I once knew
Wendy
Then I kissed her
This whole world
Why fools
When i Grow up
Your so good
Cotton
Be true
Disney
Please wonder
Dont worry baby
Little Honda
L deuce coupe
Shut down
I get around

Intermission

Sloop
Wibn
In my rm
All this is that
Forever
Sail on sailor
Heroes and v
God only knows
That's why god...
Ca dreaming
Ca girls
Dance dance
All summer
Help me Rhonda
Rnr music
Do yu wanna dance
Barbara Ann
Surf USA
Kokomo
Good vibes
Fun fun fun

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:29:35 PM by Justin » Logged
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:03:02 AM »

Hopefully this will start a trend where each specific gig gets their own thread here on the board. 

Great idea, but that should probably occur in the Concert Reviews subforum rather than here.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »

I hearya anazgnos...I definitely would love if everyone would just direct themselves to that section but I can't help but see that the General Discussion section will be flooded with pics and videos anyway--especially since most of the traffic comes through here than any other section.  When the TSS was released--a side-board was created yet most of the converstaions about TSS still happened right here in the General Dicussions section. The current tour is sort of unprescendented around these parts because there hasn't been a tour of this size (or importance) in the history of this board...so I suspect we'll be all over the place! 

If the moderators care to step in and lay down some rules I think that'd be real great.  How about this:  Perhaps we can START each new thread for each gig here in the General Discussions section and then after about a week or so after everyone's posted their pictures and videos etc for that specific gig...the thread can then be moved over to the Review section?  I think that'd be the best method since it will avoid this section being flooded with 50 or 60 threads for each gig.   In the end it promotes some organizing and makes it clear to everyone that there is one thread being setup for each gig and will hopefully discourage multiple threads setup for the same show.  Just my thoughts....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:46:12 AM by Justin » Logged
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »

One thread for all shows makes more sense to me
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:38:56 AM »

I kinda like the separate thread idea. I know it's more threads but it helps organize concert photos better imo.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »

Yeah we'll see, Runaways.  I  can't imagine clicking through (no doubt) 100+ pages of reviews and pictures trying to find something.  If the moderators have any suggestions or thoughts on my suggestions above; we'll see what they think but if it turns out everyone prefers just one thread, perhaps I'll just update the title of this thread to reflect the entire tour...
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »

I kinda like the separate thread idea. I know it's more threads but it helps organize concert photos better imo.

Yeah... Having everybody post pictures, videos and reviews for all these upcoming shows in one thread is going to turn into a mess real quick.

No mas, por favor.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »

Yeah, plus it can be rather frustrating seeing two or three threads on the same subject.  I think if we all get used to the fact that there will be one "official" thread setup for each gig, that will hopefully regulate us from seeing two or three different threads just for the Hollywood Bowl gig or whatever.

Sorry folks...don't mean to be so OCD about it!  I'm totally excited for this tour and just hope that the board doesn't implode on itself during the whole thing!  LOL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:55:37 AM by Justin » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 12:13:24 PM »

I'd say post in the concert section or one thread per concert each ion this board

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 12:16:50 PM »

With the cooperation of the moderators I think we can ease the situation by creating a thread for each gig here on this board and then after about a week or so after everyone's posted pics/videos/reviews etc, the moderators can then permanently move the thread out of the General Discussion section and into the Concert Reviews section.  This way, we won't end up with this section being taken up with 60 posts about each gig.  Since this section contains the highest traffic, we'll start the thread here and then when the thread starts to waiver--off it goes to the Concert section.
Wilson Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 12:19:36 PM »

Any youtube clips up?
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 12:22:55 PM »

Any youtube clips up?

The first pics are already in!

Womp womp womp.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 02:32:43 PM »

It's already April 24 here in Australia.

Where's the concert reviews.

You Americans are so behind the times!!

Wink Roll Eyes Wink Roll Eyes                Wink Roll Eyes Wink Roll Eyes                           

This is going to be an interesting 48 hours ...  Grin
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 02:37:31 PM »

Any youtube clips up?

The first pics are already in!

Womp womp womp.

SO EXCITED!!
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »

Perhaps a sub-forum in the Concert Reviews section completely dedicated to the reunion gigs? 
Manchini
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 02:57:47 PM »

I am going to be attending this. However, my procrastination knows no bounds, withstanding even my Beach Boys obsession, so it sold out and only lawn seats were left. Now I'm sending out some e-mails to craigslist sellers, scrambling to find better seats. Regardless of where I sit, I'm excited and it will be fun!

(Hopefully my bitching about seats isn't too annoying to any UK people out there!)
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 03:03:29 PM »

I am going to be attending this. However, my procrastination knows no bounds, withstanding even my Beach Boys obsession, so it sold out and only lawn seats were left. Now I'm sending out some e-mails to craigslist sellers, scrambling to find better seats. Regardless of where I sit, I'm excited and it will be fun!

(Hopefully my bitching about seats isn't too annoying to any UK people out there!)

stubhub

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »

Not as long as you're recording it on good quality equipment.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 03:29:35 PM »

This is a grat idea, the thread I made was made to discuss the dates and we did just that

A thread for each show will be really cool... In the main section  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Manchini
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 03:39:12 PM »

stubhub

f*** yeah. Now I'm set.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »

stubhub

f*ck yeah. Now I'm set.

you're welcome

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »

Any guesses to the first song opener?

I'm gonna say "Do It Again"...but if it were up to me it would be "Can't Wait Too Long" as the curtain opens and reveals the guys on stage.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:18:11 PM by Justin » Logged
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »

Any guesses to the first song opener?

I'm gonna say "Do It Again"...but if it were up to me it would be "Can't Wait Too Long" as the curtain opens and reveals the guys on stage.

I'll predict "California Girls". 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »

Mate, it's clearly going to be Ding Dang

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx