gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:26:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: when fans get together: rendezvous for those attending the German gigs in August  (Read 22779 times)
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »

hopefully will get in around 6 or so

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2012, 02:40:34 AM »

I'm off now to go to Berlin ! See you guys !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Christoph
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2012, 10:34:42 AM »

I hope everybody had a great night in Berlin, who's in for Mönchengladbach tomorrow? My first BB concert, can hardly wait Wink

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »

It was a pleasure to meet all you guys ! Thanks for a great evening/night. Unfortunately I couldn't get to talk to each and everyone (sorry, Paulos !) but I'd really enjoy it.

To everyone going to Stuttgart and/or Mönchengladbach, have a great time !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2012, 05:48:24 AM »

yep, great to get to chat with fellow beach boys fanatics, doesnt happen often  Grin  and what a show!

Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »

After two more days in Berlin, two long Kreuzberg nights, two-hour flight to Helsinki and six-hour drive North, I'm finally home. Thanks everyone, this was definitely one of the greatest weekends of my life! It was nice meeting you all, hopefully not for the last time. All you now have faces. Some of them bearded, some not. To loosely quote the movie "Hangover", I was a lonely wolf with my Beach Boys obsession, but now I feel like I've found my pack. We gotta do this again some day!

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2012, 12:49:27 PM »

After two more days in Berlin, two long Kreuzberg nights, two-hour flight to Helsinki and six-hour drive North, I'm finally home. Thanks everyone, this was definitely one of the greatest weekends of my life! It was nice meeting you all, hopefully not for the last time. All you now have faces. Some of them bearded, some not. To loosely quote the movie "Hangover", I was a lonely wolf with my Beach Boys obsession, but now I feel like I've found my pack. We gotta do this again some day!

Sure hope to ! It was fun.
If any of you guys is on facebook, pm me your contact information if you like

- Jack Rieley
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2012, 12:39:08 PM »

Lowbacca, did you make it home?

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »

Lowbacca, did you make it home?

I was also wondering very much. He hasn't been online since then I believe. Did he say he would go on vacation or something ?

- Jack Rieley
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »

I hope he is alright, such a nice fellow.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2012, 02:26:52 PM »

What happened??

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2012, 12:31:40 AM »

Nothing, I hope... We had a nice night in Berlin after the concert, went our separate ways around 6 AM. Details a bit fuzzy. Well, I'm sure he'll pop up somewhere soon enough. After all, a week's holiday from a message board ain't no cause for concern, yet.

Paulos
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »

It was a pleasure to meet all you guys ! Thanks for a great evening/night. Unfortunately I couldn't get to talk to each and everyone (sorry, Paulos !) but I'd really enjoy it.

To everyone going to Stuttgart and/or Mönchengladbach, have a great time !

I only just saw this, no worries Rocker it was good to meet you and everyone else, first time I've had the chance to geek-out about the Beach Boys with people!

Also I am getting a bit concerned about Lowbcacca's absence from the board, was he going on holiday after the gig?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2012, 12:23:47 PM »

Hey guys. I'm alive, well and kickin'. Merely got lost in a parallel universe for a few weeks after the Berlin gig. I've been completely out of the loop concerning all things BBs, so.... what's new?

@Berlin: one of the best nights of my life. Beyond words, so I won't even try. Great meeting y'all. BEACH BOYS BOAT!!!

(P.S. Didn't somebody take pictures at the pre-show meeting...?)
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »

Welcum back & nice to hear from you! Parallel universes are neat places to be, from time to time. Especially the one where Smile was completed and Sunflower was a hit.

And yes, I took some pictures. They're rather large, so I guess DropBox is the best way to share them - if any of you want some, PM or contact me on Facebook.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2012, 01:12:04 PM »

HE'S ALIVE !!!  Grin Grin

I believe I did take some pictures too. But I was too lazy to load them onto my computer. Maybe during the next weeks...

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »

Quote from: Jukka
And yes, I took some pictures. They're rather large, so I guess DropBox is the best way to share them - if any of you want some, PM or contact me on Facebook.
Dropbox would be fine. You got mail!

HE'S ALIVE !!!  Grin Grin
w00t!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx