gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:05:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album info (as it rolls out...)  (Read 1055732 times)
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #725 on: March 13, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »

If you search through vintagemusic's post history, you'll find not one post that is less than 3 full paragraphs.  I'm not saying there's a limit on how much anyone should post...but honestly, there's a time and a place.  This new album topic as it stands right now, does not call for large dissertations being written.

You'll get no argument from me Adolph, just tell me which freakin button to push, so I can resign my membership here,
and you and your pals, can meanwhile get elected to the selection committee

I no longer wish to be a part of this group, keep it, it belongs to you Adolph, just tell me which freakin
button to push, and I will never come here and disturb you and the other "superiors" again, fair enough
Adolph?

Roll Eyes Quit being such a drama queen.   A little criticism won't hurt you. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 13, 2012, 04:57:14 PM »

If you search through vintagemusic's post history, you'll find not one post that is less than 3 full paragraphs.  I'm not saying there's a limit on how much anyone should post...but honestly, there's a time and a place.  This new album topic as it stands right now, does not call for large dissertations being written.

You'll get no argument from me Adolph, just tell me which freakin button to push, so I can resign my membership here,

I no longer wish to be a part of this group, keep it, it belongs to you Adolph, just tell me which freakin
button to push, and I will never come here and disturb you and the other "superiors" again, fair enough
Adolph?

Surely, the proper time to compare your situation to the death of millions of Jews is when people are vaguely annoyed at you on the internet.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 13, 2012, 05:03:49 PM »

We're all such a testy bunch, so fuckin what if somebody likes writing long posts, it shouldn't matter at all

No need to make somebody who's doing no harm feel unwanted

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 13, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »

Adolph?

That's what I thought.  It wasn't just me but a few members that mentioned it.  It was an observation, nothing more.  No need for people to get in a huff over it.
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 13, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »

Words! I'm typing words! Angry face  Angry
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 13, 2012, 06:47:48 PM »

We're all such a testy bunch, so f*ckin what if somebody likes writing long posts, it shouldn't matter at all

Wholeheartedly agree. All of this senseless bickering is ridiculous - I mean, i guess it's expected: we're all humans trying to boost our ego every chance we get. But come on guys, it's a Beach Boys forum, let's not get out of control lol.

Ps: Vintagemusic, please don't leave! I too enjoy your posts (ie, they're usually insightful, thought provoking, and they've never pissed me off). I'm glad you're not starting topics about your sex life, or rambling about what a joy acid and Love You are together, or picking senseless fights at every turn like other members here have done!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:54:52 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 13, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »

Adolph?
Who's Adolph?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: March 13, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »

We're all such a testy bunch, so f*ckin what if somebody likes writing long posts, it shouldn't matter at all

Wholeheartedly agree. All of this senseless bickering is ridiculous

What else are you supposed to do on the Internet?  Get along?!

Ps: Vintagemusic, please don't leave! I too enjoy your posts (ie, they're usually insightful, thought provoking, and they've never pissed me off). I'm glad you're not starting topics about your sex life, or rambling about what a joy acid and Love You are together, or picking senseless fights at every turn like other members here have done!

I have nothing against Vintage; his Beatles posts were interesting at the very least.  But when one gets into a big huff over one little remark made about their pretentiousness, and then starts comparing themselves to the Holocaust, well they are practically *begging* to be mocked.  And I won't deny such requests.   Kool-Aid Man
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:12:43 PM by Awesoman » Logged

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 13, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »

with references to Adolph Hitler, i can't tell if vintagemusic is 15 or 65.  REGARDLESS, i enjoy his posts.

anyway.  i would wager at least 5 dollars that waves of love isn't a very good song. 
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 13, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »

"Waves of love" is also a phrase found in the lyrics to "Winds of Change."

Hmm. No it isn't. I could have sworn I heard it in a BB tune, though.

Pitter Patter. That's it. Although I guess they say "ways of love" there.

So, erm, nevermind.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:05:40 PM by Wirestone » Logged
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 13, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »

anyway.  i would wager at least 5 dollars that waves of love isn't a very good song.

It just needs that BW touch.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: March 14, 2012, 12:58:07 AM »

Re: vintagemusic, just checked out the Beatles/Threatles thread, and frankly, his posts are very hard going, and close to unreadable because they're so very badly written (as they are here - if you mean to say "post-capitol era" then write "post-Capitol era") and definitely not proofed before being posted. He may be saying something of interest but it's difficult to tell. Is English his first language ?  If so, he should be thinking remedial classes.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:02:59 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jimmie_R
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 14, 2012, 02:28:04 AM »

I hope they lay low with all the 80´s sounding keyboards! It makes me cringe..
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 14, 2012, 02:46:43 AM »

Re: vintagemusic, just checked out the Beatles/Threatles thread, and frankly, his posts are very hard going, and close to unreadable because they're so very badly written (as they are here - if you mean to say "post-capitol era" then write "post-Capitol era") and definitely not proofed before being posted. He may be saying something of interest but it's difficult to tell. Is English his first language ?  If so, he should be thinking remedial classes.

Oh stop bullying Vintagemusic, everyone. Since when is correct grammar and use of paragraphing a prerequisite of Smiley membership?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Jimmie_R
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 14, 2012, 03:32:23 AM »

Re: vintagemusic, just checked out the Beatles/Threatles thread, and frankly, his posts are very hard going, and close to unreadable because they're so very badly written (as they are here - if you mean to say "post-capitol era" then write "post-Capitol era") and definitely not proofed before being posted. He may be saying something of interest but it's difficult to tell. Is English his first language ?  If so, he should be thinking remedial classes.

Oh stop bullying Vintagemusic, everyone. Since when is correct grammar and use of paragraphing a prerequisite of Smiley membership?

Or any forum for that matter?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: March 14, 2012, 04:13:44 AM »

I've always considered reasonable grammar, spelling and punctuation a prerequisite of being an averagely educated person. It helps you get your point across without being misunderstood. But maybe that's just me being unreasonable.

Mmmmmmmmmm...

No, I'm not being unreasonable in this supposition. It's a matter of basic education: there are people posting here whose first language isn't English, and they put him to shame. Note, I posted this after his tasteless "Adolf" comments which, as someone who lost family members in 1941 to the Nazi regime, I could legitimately raise an almighty stink about. But I'll just assume he's as ignorant of history as he is of basic grammar.

BTW, that's not bullying, that's pointing out that any ideas he may have to share are diminished by the poor presentation.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:15:43 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: March 14, 2012, 04:27:55 AM »

Probyn Gregory recording for the new album, and singing with Brian in the car!!

http://www.facebook.com/probyngregory

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 14, 2012, 05:09:59 AM »

Ever think the reason people rag on Brian's band is because they are all secretly jealous they get to do sh*t like that?  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #743 on: March 14, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »

Ever think the reason people rag on Brian's band is because they are all secretly jealous they get to do sh*t like that?  LOL
There was a time (as I am sure you're aware, but some others on the board may not be) when Brian's band was universally respected. Now after a decade and change, it is not unheard of for Brian to tour constantly and release new albums on a consistent basis, so the inevitable backlash is in full swing.

"They're not the Beach Boys!" When that is the chief complaint about Brian's band, you know they are doing something right.

Also jealousy though, yes!

- B00ts
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 14, 2012, 07:56:43 AM »

No, I'm not being unreasonable in this supposition. It's a matter of basic education: there are people posting here whose first language isn't English, and they put him to shame. Note, I posted this after his tasteless "Adolf" comments which, as someone who lost family members in 1941 to the Nazi regime, I could legitimately raise an almighty stink about. But I'll just assume he's as ignorant of history as he is of basic grammar.

... and in case fo the Adolph-remark: both.

But regarding the problem some people have with the "essays" that vintagemusic writes. Maybe to some it's not very readable, but - hey - you don't have to read it. And if we had to discuss everyones spelling errors here, than we might as well start a new sub-board...

Back on-topic please.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 14, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »

... and in case fo the Adolph-remark: both.

But regarding the problem some people have with the "essays" that vintagemusic writes. Maybe to some it's not very readable, but - hey - you don't have to read it. And if we had to discuss everyones spelling errors here, than we might as well start a new sub-board...

Back on-topic please.
You are exactly right, and in some cases, I did just that and didn't read further. No excuse for spelling though, as we do have Spell Check here.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

That was great! Could we just try it once more

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 14, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »

I've always considered reasonable grammar, spelling and punctuation a prerequisite of being an averagely educated person. It helps you get your point across without being misunderstood. But maybe that's just me being unreasonable.

Mmmmmmmmmm...

BTW, that's not bullying, that's pointing out that any ideas he may have to share are diminished by the poor presentation.

Great critique Mr. Doe. Yes by the way I do know about history, especially the part about Nazi's. If I call someone Adolph, I guess it means, I am calling
them an intolerant ass. Yes I have spelling errors, I type quickly, have some visual problems, and probably should have used more caution.
I won't be  making anymore long posts, the question I asked, which still has not been answered, is which button do I push, to delete my
membership. I have my new album to worry about, my kids, my business, maintaining my home, and my disabled wife, the financial meltdown,
and I guess now, I should return the awards I've won for my songs, because apparently, I can't speak English well enough to deserve keeping them.

Yes I admit, I made some long posts, used some bad grammar and punctuation, and I as I said, I have visual problems on this laptop, I am remiss
in educating myself how to operate computers. I thought I was talking about the new Beach Boys album among friends, and didn't realize (until now)
what a burden it's been for some of you, Somehow paragraph formatting is coming out wrong when I type posts, so enough said, I'm sure I"ll be fine
elsewhere, and you'll be relieved of the burden of having to talk down to me.  Had you been truly concerned about my typing skills, surely a private email
would have shown a bit more class than to dress me down  in your posts, that goes for your friends as well. My view is that you are more comfortable
when free thinking newcomers to sully your otherwise pristine board are gone. OK enough said. All I need to know is which damn button gets me off of here.

I was educated in a way that encouraged, discussion, dialogue, questions, theories, I didn't realize there was some sort of Andrew Doe litmus test as to
someones level of formal education, income, political affiliation, or viewpoints. I hah, thought this was a Beach Boys discussion forum
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 14, 2012, 11:13:38 AM »

Let's not drive members away guys.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 14, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 14, 2012, 11:21:05 AM »

But back to the album ...

The interview with Probyn thread has a lot of new stuff.

-- Joe Thomas is overseeing the band in the studio. Probyn said he thought he was an "executive producer."
-- Bruce seems to have written at least one song for the album.
-- Probyn has only played on a three or so tracks (at the time of the interview -- he seems to have done more since). Many more were recorded last year and early this year not including him (such as the God radio song).
-- He describes some of the other songs as sounding like "80's Beach Boys." If that means "Somewhere Near Japan," I'm in. If it means "Wipeout," we'll see.
-- Some of the songs feature a small chamber orchestra group.
-- Brian has co-written most of the songs, with Mike helping on a couple.
-- There may be theremin on at least one tune.
-- Apparently D'Amico and Walusko will be on the tour!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 166 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx