gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 02:00:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 1990 Hotel Tape  (Read 20336 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »

Would love to see the 70min version....but what's with Stamos not being able to keep his hands off JF.  He's all over the poor guy.

I remember thinking that was a little weird when watching the video eons ago for the first time. I don't think there's anything to it; I just assume they were all in close quarters and all of them (especially Foskett) seemed to want to spend as much time with and get as close to Brian as they could.

While Foskett of course developed a very close relationship with Brian by the time he re-upped with Brian in 1999, I always sensed he, by default, had much less interaction during his 1981-1990 tenure with the touring band. Brian was already sporadically missing shows by December of 1981 when Foskett joined; and Brian missed some shows in 1982 as well before Landy II started. From that point on, Brian never regularly toured with the band, only doing a show here and there.

I'm sure Foskett still had some time with Brian during those years, during the odd studio session here and there, TV appearances, etc. But were they very close back then? I know Brian described his history with Foskett in liner notes somewhere along the line, perhaps to one of Foskett's albums, but I can't recall.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2016, 11:10:12 PM »

Really great footage. Especially nice seeing Bruce playing the piano; it is so easy to forget what a great pianist he was, when you see him onstage, year after year, barely touching his keyboard, just singing backup and clapping. I was kind of amazed he remembered all of Disney Girls. In fact, watching this, I compared Brian's piano playing with Bruce's, and Bruce is the one that can really play the intricate, pretty parts. Brian is much better at the rock and roll piano playing than Bruce.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx