gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 08:12:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 229933 times)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 27, 2012, 07:07:17 PM »

What's wrong with the VIP.  I bought mine from live nation, only 50 dollars more and I get a tour, t-shirt and bag. But I guess not everyones VIP packages were as cheap
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 27, 2012, 07:35:57 PM »

The deal is, ultimately, that artists and those who make their living from them are dealing with the collapse of the record industry.

The aren't enough rich boomers to keep albums afloat. But there are enough of them, for now, and enough curious youngsters, to make touring quite lucrative. So how do you do that? Pricier tickets -- the Eagles helped lead the way there. But you also monetize things that were previously free. You therefore turn backstage events, which were usually assorted friends and hangers-on in the past, into another revenue stream. You embrace "instant bootlegs" (I think Pearl Jam was one of the first there), selling recordings of performances of each show from the tour.

No instant bootlegs have been announced yet for the BBs, but I wonder ...
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 27, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »

I don't see any tickets offered for the Benedum Hall show from Ticketmaster. It's odd that it seems to be the one show missing on the Ticketmaster website.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 27, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »

All tickets, other than VIP packages, for Tucson were sold directly by the venue either at their site or box office... and, aside from lawn seats, they sold out within hours. No TicketMonster!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 28, 2012, 01:37:57 AM »

Finally:   NEVER NEVER actually BUY the VIP ticket.  You will be laughed at.  Most end up being given away to insiders.  Of course if one is offered to you, go for it.

As I briefly complained about a little while back, I don't like how tickets are distributed in general nor this VIP process nor how even if one is inclined to do the VIP thing, they are penalized for being in New York or California instead of Wisconsin or Maine.

But who's going to laugh at someone who gets the VIP ticket? I suppose some disdain from some people might be felt if they think a "VIP" is either an insider or someone with too much disposable income. But I don't think it would be a case of being made fun of. Most of us aren't insiders and would never be "offered" a VIP ticket. There are many reasons not to do this VIP ticket thing, but being laughed at isn't one of them, in my opinion.

It's totally a corrupt way of business and shouldn't be happening the way it is, but it's hard not to at least briefly think that, relatively speaking, $400 for a front-row ticket, access to the soundcheck, and random memorabilia crap isn't a pretty good deal.

I'm laughing at you. Through my tears, as I live in Britain, but I laugh

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 28, 2012, 03:47:46 AM »

I don't see any tickets offered for the Benedum Hall show from Ticketmaster. It's odd that it seems to be the one show missing on the Ticketmaster website.

call them up jay. and quick. forget the prices listed..you will pay more.
they were also selling them on their own site. again, you will pay more.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:52:20 AM by Steve Mayo » Logged

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

"Would you put a loud count on it for us please?"

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 28, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »

Let's all laugh.  Laugh at me.  I posted the gripe, but I still went back and got my seats - after 5 tries, the robots repeatedly dumping me out to grab the first choices I'd made. (I am used to this but still don't have to like it, so I come here to remind the rest of you).  No VIP tix.  I am only so willing to fund the hucksters in the secondary market. And oh yeah: When I say you will be laughed at, it will be by the other VIP tix holders.  Maybe you paid to get them, but I assure you THEY DIDN'T.  So don't say you paid.

My point is: Just go into this open-eyed, know why you pay what you pay.  If it's still worth it, fine.  Hell, some boomers were paying $800 or so to attend a Simon & Garfunkel reunion, and when Cream did their reunion a few years ago FUGGEDABOUDIT - I was in the nosebleeds and still paid $$$.  But I was there.  OTOH, this is why regular folk can't be bothered with all this stuff - movie tickets are easier.  And why those down-front seats will stay empty.  (No one cares, if enough idiots paid the premium scalper prices, that makes up for the un-resold empties).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:32:56 AM by Dr. Tim » Logged

Hey kids! Remember:
mono mixes suck donkey dick
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 28, 2012, 07:33:22 AM »

FWIW, I was just being extremely droll. I am immensely jealous of any even going to SEE the damn band, let alone they have money for a VIP ticket which means they get to meet them.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 28, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »

Woo!!!  Snagged my ticket for the Benedum!

That's TWO great concerts coming up in the fairly near future - the Beach Boys in May, and Roger Waters in August (I think?)....
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 28, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »

Incidentally, a fantastic documentary has been posted about the secondary ticket selling market:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlnL8drSdw
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 28, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »

call them up jay. and quick. forget the prices listed..you will pay more.
they were also selling them on their own site. again, you will pay more.
I sent them an e-mail(which was no easy feat). It says that they will respond within 12 hours. I hope they don't sell out. I may have read it wrong, but it seems that there were only 172 tickets left, as of 6:00AM this morning, give or take an hour or so.

RCTID
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 29, 2012, 08:09:37 AM »

hmmm.

the date in Atlanta is no longer on the ticketmaster site.

i don't like that.

"you've got the beach boys...your firms got the stones"
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 29, 2012, 09:13:51 AM »

Incidentally, a fantastic documentary has been posted about the secondary ticket selling market:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlnL8drSdw

Just watched it ( thanks for link ) , Bloody Scandalous makes my blood boil  police
rogerlancelot
« Reply #563 on: February 29, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »

hmmm.

the date in Atlanta is no longer on the ticketmaster site.

i don't like that.

Still no tickets for Vegas either. Anybody know what's happening here?
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »

There's a hold on selling tickets for some of the Western dates. Hope that means they're adding more shows.

Prediction based on past experience: The Atlanta show will probably be part of a series, and the series package tickets go on sale a couple of weeks before single show tickets. It's getting near time (early March) to announce the first set(s) of Chastain Park series.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:48:50 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 29, 2012, 01:44:32 PM »

That's TWO great concerts coming up in the fairly near future - the Beach Boys in May, and Roger Waters in August (I think?)....
[/quote

Got my Benedum tickets the first minutes they were available, on Monday morning.  Still, I am in row Q of the orchestra section.  When did you buy yours?  Where are you sitting?  Wonder if it sold out quickly......
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 29, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: February 29, 2012, 01:48:55 PM »

QUOTING

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 29, 2012, 01:53:41 PM »

QUOTING quoting the quote

Paulos
« Reply #569 on: February 29, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »

QUOTING
Quoting is easy
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 29, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »

Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 29, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »

Anyone else going to the Darien Lake show at the end of June?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 29, 2012, 10:51:37 PM »

Could anybody give me advice on what might be the best place to get handicapped accessable tickts to the Benedum Hall? I have seen several different websites with several different prices. It doesn't help that I can't find pictures of what the seating arrangment for the Benedum Hall looks like.

bridencar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 01, 2012, 02:16:13 AM »

Could anybody give me advice on what might be the best place to get handicapped accessable tickts to the Benedum Hall? I have seen several different websites with several different prices. It doesn't help that I can't find pictures of what the seating arrangment for the Benedum Hall looks like.
They are in orchestra seating you have ask about them when ordering. If you want seating chart go to stub hub.com...
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 01, 2012, 03:26:04 AM »

seating.. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=benedum+center+seating+chart&qpvt=benedum+center+seating+chart&FORM=IGRE#x0y0

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx