gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681614 Posts in 27646 Topics by 4085 Members - Latest Member: RZLSommer June 20, 2024, 11:44:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 232617 times)
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 03, 2012, 06:44:29 AM »

Got my tickets in the Loge area ($45 + fees) to see the guys in (yikes!) Camden, NJ. I'm so psyched.

Psyched about going to Camden... I never thought that day would come!  LOL
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 03, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »

Don't suppose that's Camden, London…  ?  Sad
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:51:18 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 03, 2012, 07:09:23 AM »

No, Camden is a city in New Jersey, close to Philidelphia, and for a long time has been labeled one of the worst places in the country for gang related activity and urban poverty. To be fair, they are coming back, slowly. I'd pay for a parking lot with security if I was going there. It was one of the reasons I chose to go for the shows at the Beacon Theater in NY, anyway.

Hopefully they'll post some dates in London soon for you!  Smiley
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2012, 08:33:20 AM »

I just bit the bullet and bought a VIP ticket for the Camden, NJ show. I got the option 2 deal with seats between rows 2-5. Option 1 was the same, except the seat was row 1. The difference in price between the 2 options was $100. What a racket! The wife and I already bought tix for the Atlantic City show in May, so I'll get to see them twice within a month. Once indoors and once outdoors.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »

No, Camden is a city in New Jersey, close to Philidelphia, and for a long time has been labeled one of the worst places in the country for gang related activity and urban poverty. To be fair, they are coming back, slowly. I'd pay for a parking lot with security if I was going there. It was one of the reasons I chose to go for the shows at the Beacon Theater in NY, anyway.

Hopefully they'll post some dates in London soon for you!  Smiley
That area in Camden is fine on concert days. I've driven there a number of times and had no issues whatsoever.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #630 on: March 03, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »

From Blondie Chaplin's Facebook-page:

Blondie would like everyone to know that contrary to what you have read or heard he is NOT going out on tour with the Beach Boys.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #631 on: March 03, 2012, 09:25:47 AM »

Like I said several weeks ago.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 03, 2012, 10:47:14 AM »

Brian gets all the money from his solo tours? I assume he -- or rather his accountants or managers and so on -- then portions some of the earnings out to his band. How does this work if it's not, it seems, a pre-arranged percentage or something?
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 03, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »

Brian gets all the money from his solo tours? I assume he -- or rather his accountants or managers and so on -- then portions some of the earnings out to his band. How does this work if it's not, it seems, a pre-arranged percentage or something?

He pays them a salary like any other employee.  They are not partners in the venture

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 03, 2012, 11:15:44 AM »

He pays them a salary like any other employee.  They are not partners in the venture

And not an outrageously generous salary either, from the sound of it.
SBonilla
« Reply #635 on: March 03, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »

And not an outrageously generous salary either, from the sound of it.
It's a Lawrence Welk approach.
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 03, 2012, 12:56:47 PM »

By saying "all the money" it was meant as a comparison to the Beach Boys tours led by Mike and Bruce, where they had to partition out a portion of the revenue to Brian.  On Brian's tours, he does not have to pay the other Beach Boys.  They didn't literally mean Brian gets all of the money.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 04, 2012, 01:13:10 AM »

Just bought my Saratoga tickets!
I'm thinking about going to that show...still haven't bought tickets... Shocked Shocked I know, I'm a bad fan!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 04, 2012, 01:54:53 AM »

Gonna wake up tomorrow and give it a try for pit seats, I guess. Would make for a fun summer outing although I'm about 90% positive that they won't be up for grabs (only for VIPs/Vip packages/contest winners) and another 9% certain that I won't be fortunate enough to get whatever handful they are offering. If that's the case, lawn might always be a good option since they're the cheapest and you don't have to have anybody standing in front of you (although you do have to get there right when the gates open).

EDIT: Nevermind. The lawn is shite.

Frankly, the Greek Theater in Berkeley has some awful sightlines. It was never intended for rock concerts. Symphonies/school ceremonies are fine, but paying through the nose to see a band and getting views like that are kind of "meh" to me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:59:22 AM by KokoNO » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: March 04, 2012, 05:22:31 AM »

From Brian's facebook page:

New Beach Boys date announced for June 3 at Verizon Wireless Ampitheater in Irvine CA. On sale March 12. All dates on Brian's Tour page: http://goo.gl/BJveO

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 04, 2012, 11:15:03 AM »

It's weird how Brian's page is the first to announce the new dates and the official BB site takes a few days to catch up to the news...
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 04, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »

It's weird how Brian's page is the first to announce the new dates and the official BB site takes a few days to catch up to the news...

It's the worst Facebook page in history

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 04, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »

I see there are a handful of people going to the Berkeley show. I bought a VIP package for that show, though the front row seats at the Greek provide kind of an unpleasant up-nose view.

I know that I am just going to be a bundle of nerves and frenetic energy (my first BBs show) so I'm thinking of doing the groupie drive down to LA for the next night's show at the Hollywood Bowl. I would get seats toward the back and just try to soak in the experience and enjoy the show.

Is anyone else thinking about going to both Berkeley and LA?
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 04, 2012, 12:33:42 PM »

Say, any Canadian fans going to either of the shows in Toronto or Montreal? I'd be interested in sharing a hotel room or something like that if anyone else is into cost-cutting and such!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 04, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »

Frankly, the Greek Theater in Berkeley has some awful sightlines. It was never intended for rock concerts.

But a lot of good rock concerts have happened there. The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, The Who, Sting, Pearl Jam, Tina Turner, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Allman Bros,, Alice Cooper, Cheap Trick, Moody Blues, Doobie Bros., Sting, Cream, CSN, Chicago, Santana, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Earth Wind & Fire, Bob Marley, Wilco, Jefferson Hairpie, Dire Straights, Pretenders, and many more have played there. It's an intimate venue - been there to see a few concerts there myself and I like it.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 04, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »

Set my alarm in the morning and then decided not to bother, heh. Still, not 100% on even wanting to go if I have to pay at all, so I'm most likely just going to listen from the parking lot or one of the other places my sister mentioned.

As of now, it looks like every $125 seat is taken. Of course, I do think there might be a handful of pit seats opening back up to the public if the VIP packages don't sell out entirely. Demand for this band has certainly been hot at the moment.
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 04, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »

Also, don't know what kind of seats they'll be offering, but this station could be handing out a lot of tickets. And winning them from the radio is a lot easier than an online free-for-all. If you're at your phone waiting, it isn't that difficult.

http://www.sf1037.com/pages/beach-boys.html?77
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 04, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »

I see there are a handful of people going to the Berkeley show. I bought a VIP package for that show, though the front row seats at the Greek provide kind of an unpleasant up-nose view.

I know that I am just going to be a bundle of nerves and frenetic energy (my first BBs show) so I'm thinking of doing the groupie drive down to LA for the next night's show at the Hollywood Bowl. I would get seats toward the back and just try to soak in the experience and enjoy the show.

Is anyone else thinking about going to both Berkeley and LA?

The Bowl is sold out so you might be paying through the nose even for a cheap seats ticket

ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 04, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »

The Bowl is sold out so you might be paying through the nose even for a cheap seats ticket

I just tried Ticketmaster and they have a number of price options still available. It looks like they might have opened up some sections of the far sides. However, I'll probably end up going thought Stubhub anyway to get a better angle. The premium doesn't bother me, this is already a financially insane venture.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »

I just tried Ticketmaster and they have a number of price options still available. It looks like they might have opened up some sections of the far sides. However, I'll probably end up going thought Stubhub anyway to get a better angle. The premium doesn't bother me, this is already a financially insane venture.

Oh are you buying a single ticket? Then you should have no trouble getting one..

I like your idea, get to as many shows as possible, that's what I'll be doing if they hit up the UK and Ireland
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:10:29 PM by Slim Shady » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx