gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 09:27:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 229937 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 04, 2012, 09:23:24 PM »

The Bowl is sold out so you might be paying through the nose even for a cheap seats ticket

I just tried Ticketmaster and they have a number of price options still available. It looks like they might have opened up some sections of the far sides. However, I'll probably end up going thought Stubhub anyway to get a better angle. The premium doesn't bother me, this is already a financially insane venture.

I feel guilty because I just went to stubhub for a ticket myself.  It felt like losing to the enemy but I had no choice Undecided
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 04, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »

Oh are you buying a single ticket? Then you should have no trouble getting one..

Heh. Yes. I was going to go with friends, but I don't enjoy going to shows when there is a significant mismatch in the levels of interest/knowledge between me and the people I'm going with.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:49 AM »

Oh are you buying a single ticket? Then you should have no trouble getting one..

Heh. Yes. I was going to go with friends, but I don't enjoy going to shows when there is a significant mismatch in the levels of interest/knowledge between me and the people I'm going with.

I do that all the time.  Can't risk going to a show and having to worry about the person I"m with having a good time! 
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 05, 2012, 09:22:12 AM »

That oldies station isn't giving out anymore Beach Boys tickets unfortunately. Guess it was just a one week promotion so that people would know about the show and buy tickets on Sunday. Lame! Wish I had known because it honestly would have been super easy to win tickets. How many people would have known the times they were given out and been at the phone accordingly with the number ready to go?
CoolWater
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:34 AM »

A new show was just announced in Irvine CA, June 3rd, Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre. Tickets go on sale March 12th.

I have one ticket to the Hollywood Bowl, in the Terrace Boxes.... But since I live in SD I might try and sell it and get tickets for the Irvine show since it's at least an hour closer to home.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #655 on: March 05, 2012, 11:09:21 AM »

I do that all the time.  Can't risk going to a show and having to worry about the person I"m with having a good time! 

Spike their drinks with acid.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: March 05, 2012, 11:19:17 AM »

JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS FOR THE WOODLANDS SHOW!!! So happy...yeah I got lawn seats, but who gives a monkey f***? I just want to see the Boys with Brian.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 05, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »

Nice one Billy!  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 05, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »

Happy for you Billy, better the lawn than sitting at home

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 05, 2012, 12:09:46 PM »

Hmmm...I've already got my Bowl ticket, but now I'm tempted to get lawn tix for Irvine as well.  I made a last minute decision to see the Pixies from the lawn there in 2004 and it was a fantastic show, the sound was crystal clear. 
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 05, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »

For the people worried about the G8 summit making things difficult for the Chicago show, you can rest easy...

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20120305/NEWS02/120309916/g8-summit-in-chicago-canceled
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: March 05, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »

For the people worried about the G8 summit making things difficult for the Chicago show, you can rest easy...

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20120305/NEWS02/120309916/g8-summit-in-chicago-canceled

Mike was just about to sue 'em

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 05, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »

I think I can speak for many people going to this show (myself included) when I say:  "Phew!"
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 05, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »

Just saw this for folks in the area.

Saratoga tickets $15

http://blog.timesunion.com/yourday/beach-boys-lawn-tickets-15-today-on-grouponlive/6962/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:27:03 PM by Undesirable Element » Logged
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 05, 2012, 03:43:08 PM »

That oldies station isn't giving out anymore Beach Boys tickets unfortunately. Guess it was just a one week promotion so that people would know about the show and buy tickets on Sunday. Lame! Wish I had known because it honestly would have been super easy to win tickets. How many people would have known the times they were given out and been at the phone accordingly with the number ready to go?

You can still enter a drawing for tickets, at least as of today, on their website (not sure when it ends).  You join their station club and use points to enter.  There are several types of trivia questions that you can earn 500 points each for answering correctly (and you can cheat by looking on Google before answering).  There are a few other ways to get points.  It's 1,500 points for one entry. 
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 05, 2012, 10:48:39 PM »

I usually wouldn't do this, but since it's the BBs, I'm thinking about blowing $100+ on an ampitheatre ticket for SPAC.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: March 06, 2012, 02:26:24 AM »

A new show was just announced in Irvine CA, June 3rd, Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre. Tickets go on sale March 12th.

I have one ticket to the Hollywood Bowl, in the Terrace Boxes.... But since I live in SD I might try and sell it and get tickets for the Irvine show since it's at least an hour closer to home.
I'm going to the Irvine show for sure...never liked the Hollywood Bowl...but how much do you want to sell your ticket for?  I live in SD, and may want to purchase it.  Please message me.

Prior to the announcement of the Irvine show, I was considering (and still am) a summer vacation that includes the Milwaukee show and the Virginia Beach show...I was born in Virginia and want to visit again.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:27:57 AM by Eric Aniversario » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 06, 2012, 06:47:34 AM »

As I suspected, the BB show in Atlanta is part of a series. Series tickets only go on sale this Sunday, individual shows will go on sale in a few weeks.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 06, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »

JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS FOR THE WOODLANDS SHOW!!! So happy...yeah I got lawn seats, but who gives a monkey f*ck? I just want to see the Boys with Brian.
  that's awesome

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:25 PM »

You can still enter a drawing for tickets, at least as of today, on their website (not sure when it ends).  You join their station club and use points to enter.  There are several types of trivia questions that you can earn 500 points each for answering correctly (and you can cheat by looking on Google before answering).  There are a few other ways to get points.  It's 1,500 points for one entry. 

Yeah, I was just thrown at first because my e-mail address had already been registered....guess for some reason I had signed up on this site like two yeas ago (very strange). Anyway, it was very easy to get points and I've now submitted 16 entries in less than a half hour. Thanks a lot.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: March 07, 2012, 08:46:24 AM »

Once more from Brian's facebook page :

Another sold-out show: Atlantic City NJ May 19. Make sure you get tickets for a venue near you! Tour dates and info on Brian's website: http://goo.gl/BJveO

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 07, 2012, 08:56:45 AM »

Just look at the Greek theatre, I would love to be going to that show

Some really beautiful venues booked on this tour

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 07, 2012, 09:09:02 AM »

Damned rights, Shady. I'll be sitting a little lower left of center in that picture. Looking forward to it!!

Plus, I have two (2) extra tickets if anyone here is interested. I'm offering them up to my comrades on the Smiley Smile board first!  First cum, first served.......

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 07, 2012, 10:26:34 AM »

Damned rights, Shady. I'll be sitting a little lower left of center in that picture. Looking forward to it!!

Plus, I have two (2) extra tickets if anyone here is interested. I'm offering them up to my comrades on the Smiley Smile board first!  First cum, first served.......

very tempting... now if only plane tickets for Schiphol Amsterdam -> San Francisco would go below 500 Euro...   Smiley
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:09:57 PM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 07, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »

C'mon over, Smile-Holland! We'll knock back a few beers from a couple of the best local breweries in the area, join the Occupy protestors in Berzerkeley,  and then bungie jump off the Golden Gate Bridge.  It's a blast, man!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx