gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681011 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 05:51:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 230845 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: March 02, 2012, 05:58:47 AM »

I'm sure the VIP ticket packages have most or all of those pit seats reserved.  That program really sucks, especially since they charge the same face value prices for inferior seats further out.  However, if people are willing to wait until the last minute, the VIP programs will often release unsold tickets back to Ticketmaster.  You can often get prime seats within a few rows of the stage a week before the show, if you keep checking.  It's almost like they penalize people who buy early.

Yeah, it would definitely be less stressful and more liberating to just have a "whatever happens happens" attitude about tickets. It sometimes pays off, but of course the alternative is no seats are available. It's another case of kind of gambling.

I dunno, I just don't think that "lettered" section behind the pit seats is too much worse. In fact, some of the letter sections get you kind of closer to the stage than the rear pit seats. It's a trade off of having to be off to the side of course.

I'm seeing the Beach Boys, the whole shebang, so I'm happy. I'm more excited about this show than the last major McCartney tour I went to where tickets were even more expensive, and that was a big arena show where most seats stunk.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 02, 2012, 06:04:25 AM »

I'm sure the VIP ticket packages have most or all of those pit seats reserved.  That program really sucks, especially since they charge the same face value prices for inferior seats further out.  However, if people are willing to wait until the last minute, the VIP programs will often release unsold tickets back to Ticketmaster.  You can often get prime seats within a few rows of the stage a week before the show, if you keep checking.  It's almost like they penalize people who buy early.

Yeah, it would definitely be less stressful and more liberating to just have a "whatever happens happens" attitude about tickets. It sometimes pays off, but of course the alternative is no seats are available. It's another case of kind of gambling.

I dunno, I just don't think that "lettered" section behind the pit seats is too much worse. In fact, some of the letter sections get you kind of closer to the stage than the rear pit seats. It's a trade off of having to be off to the side of course.

I'm seeing the Beach Boys, the whole shebang, so I'm happy. I'm more excited about this show than the last major McCartney tour I went to where tickets were even more expensive, and that was a big arena show where most seats stunk.

What smell?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 02, 2012, 06:07:34 AM »

and that was a big arena show where most seats stunk.

Must have been Cleveland,  Wink
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 02, 2012, 08:52:30 AM »

Japan dates:

Aug. 16 – Tokyo, Japan (QVC Marine Field, tix on sale April 28)
Aug. 17 – Osaka, Japan (Oskaka Prefectural Gymnasium, tix on sale April 28)
Aug. 19 – Nagoya, Japan (Gaishi Hall, tix on sale April 28)

Very nice quotes ( NOT !! ) from Time Out about the Tokyo gig  Angry

http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/event/4184/The-Beach-Boys
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 02, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »

Japan dates:

Thanks, added

Gotta say kids, it's not looking good for the the UK at all

Grim lad, grim…

“We live in divisive times.”
singnoevil
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:53 AM »

RE: July 14             
Eugene, OR                       
Cuthbert Amphitheater
On Sale: March 2 

Website says, "50th Anniversary Tour featuring The Beach Boys
Stay tuned for more information

Please note that due to a request from band management, the concert date and the on sale ticketing date have been removed temporarily while the entire tour is finalized.

Please keep checking back for updates.

Once confirmed, event details will be updated on this web site, on Facebook, and on newsletter announcements.".

Trouble in band land?

I just read this last night. Makes me so worried. Sad We were all ready to get our tickets first thing this morning too.

Kayla
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: March 02, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »

What smell?

I think it smelled like overpriced hoodie sweatshirts and “Souvenir Ticket Stub Displays.”

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 02, 2012, 10:07:56 AM »

Japan dates:

Thanks, added

Gotta say kids, it's not looking good for the the UK at all

Grim lad, grim…

Well it is indeed confusing.  On the first day of tour dates announced, we all saw the European dates for July and August.  So we know they had something on the table.  But then they've removed them.  I think they are reshuffling the entire tour since the demand has proved that this will be a big tour.  But it makes me wonder how true Bruce's post was a few weeks ago that there will be no more full reunion shows after August 19th or something.  I wonder if that cutoff is still in effect considering they might need more time to accommodate the rest of the world?   It looks like they might have to.  And it's my feeling that it is up to Brian to agree if the tour should be extended.  Won't this be his longest period on the road in a while?  I can't recall his recent tours spanning 4+ months.  They've usually been one/two month spurts.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »

Aren't tickets for the European venues already on sale?

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 02, 2012, 10:48:05 AM »

Aren't tickets for the European venues already on sale?

Yes they sure are , I took the decision in December when the German tickets went on sale and was really lucky to get front row for Stuttgart  Shocked    and now the wait on UK gigs has pushed me to sort out a ticket for Berlin - Flights booked/Hotels/Internal flights etc....
It appears that the German shows ( 3 in all ) have sold very well indeed
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 02, 2012, 10:49:41 AM »

RE: July 14              
Eugene, OR                        
Cuthbert Amphitheater
On Sale: March 2  

Website says, "50th Anniversary Tour featuring The Beach Boys
Stay tuned for more information

Please note that due to a request from band management, the concert date and the on sale ticketing date have been removed temporarily while the entire tour is finalized.

Please keep checking back for updates.

Once confirmed, event details will be updated on this web site, on Facebook, and on newsletter announcements.".

Trouble in band land?

I just read this last night. Makes me so worried. Sad We were all ready to get our tickets first thing this morning too.

Worried too. Like you, I had my alarm set.  Have already bought my plane ticket to Portland. Now the Hollywood Bowl is sold out and I'll be screwed if these dates fall through.
I'm feeling the same sinking feeling as our UK friends.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 02, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »

Well...........thanks to the heads-up from Kokono and my friend Rich from Canada, I went back on the Ape/Ticketmaster site last night and was able to 'upgrade' my seats to the $125.00 reserve in the lettered section (behind the pit) of the Berkeley Greek Theatre. I agree with Mcg1119's suggestion that they seem to 'penalize' people who buy tickets early. I was able to snag these even better tickets about 12 hours after the pre-sale started!

What a racket.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 02, 2012, 01:16:13 PM »

Why does Brian Wilson play the UK so often if taxes are a problem?  Or maybe it's a Mike Love/Bruce Johnston hang-up about paying extra taxes? 
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 02, 2012, 01:53:59 PM »

Why does Brian Wilson play the UK so often if taxes are a problem?  Or maybe it's a Mike Love/Bruce Johnston hang-up about paying extra taxes? 

I don't know for sure, but I can think of a few reasons.

1.) Promoters were willing to offer him favorable terms.

2.) His touring outfit has some sort of agreement with British tax officials.

3.) Because he was the single principal in his shows, the money didn't have to be divided in the same way -- or in as many directions as it will be in a BB tour.

4.) We don't know how many dates he may not have played in the U.K. for tax reasons.

5.) We're not sure that taxes are the root of this particular problem anyway. Queen and Olympics might end up playing a bigger role.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 02, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »

Well, we don't know that the reason *is* to do with taxes - Bruce has said on the BBB board that a big reason they've not announced any dates yet is that between the Jubilee and the Olympics a lot of stuff is up in the air in the UK. We just know that they've had problems with them in the past.

But also, we've heard on numerous occasions that at least some of Brian's tours don't make money (I think only the US ones, so I can't be sure) - his tours are at least partly a form of therapy for him, something to keep him busy and active. One assumes that Mike & Bruce's tours actually have to make money for them to consider it worth doing.

There's also the costs to consider - Brian's tours only have to earn money for Brian. The band are, by all accounts, not exactly paid a huge amount for their work. Mike & Bruce's tours, on the other hand, have to license the Beach Boys name from BRI, and one would hope that Bruce gets paid more than union scale. And on a full Beach Boys tour that means there'll be five highly-paid performers on stage plus the money to Carl's estate for their share of BRI. An amount of money that might be perfectly reasonable for one person might well be considerably smaller when split five or six ways.

Brian's tours also function as, in essence, rehearsals for live recordings - Brian's put out four live DVDs and two live CDs in the last decade or so, and that's a way of monetising the tours that isn't really open to Mike & Bruce.

And of course we don't know (and have no right to know) how the various parties' tax affairs are sorted. For all we know Brian's paid through a shell company in the Cayman Islands or something while Mike and Bruce just get a deposit into a post office account (I doubt it, but we just don't know).

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 02, 2012, 05:37:47 PM »

Got my tickets in the Loge area ($45 + fees) to see the guys in (yikes!) Camden, NJ. I'm so psyched.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 02, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »

Why does Brian Wilson play the UK so often if taxes are a problem?  Or maybe it's a Mike Love/Bruce Johnston hang-up about paying extra taxes?  

Well, we don't know that the reason *is* to do with taxes - Bruce has said on the BBB board that a big reason they've not announced any dates yet is that between the Jubilee and the Olympics a lot of stuff is up in the air in the UK. We just know that they've had problems with them in the past.

But also, we've heard on numerous occasions that at least some of Brian's tours don't make money (I think only the US ones, so I can't be sure) - his tours are at least partly a form of therapy for him, something to keep him busy and active. One assumes that Mike & Bruce's tours actually have to make money for them to consider it worth doing.

There's also the costs to consider - Brian's tours only have to earn money for Brian. The band are, by all accounts, not exactly paid a huge amount for their work. Mike & Bruce's tours, on the other hand, have to license the Beach Boys name from BRI, and one would hope that Bruce gets paid more than union scale. And on a full Beach Boys tour that means there'll be five highly-paid performers on stage plus the money to Carl's estate for their share of BRI. An amount of money that might be perfectly reasonable for one person might well be considerably smaller when split five or six ways.

Brian's tours also function as, in essence, rehearsals for live recordings - Brian's put out four live DVDs and two live CDs in the last decade or so, and that's a way of monetising the tours that isn't really open to Mike & Bruce.

And of course we don't know (and have no right to know) how the various parties' tax affairs are sorted. For all we know Brian's paid through a shell company in the Cayman Islands or something while Mike and Bruce just get a deposit into a post office account (I doubt it, but we just don't know).

Very good balanced post , and i am an Accountant  Wink
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:05:20 PM by Rob Dean » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: March 03, 2012, 01:48:03 AM »

Also, all the money Brian's tours generate - when they do - goes to him. As a condition of the license, a slice of Mike & Bruce's touring income goes to BRI, to be split among the voting members. Thus, every time Mike & Bruce play a gig, Brian gets a slice of the action... but not vice versa.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 03, 2012, 02:13:36 AM »

Got my tickets for Berlin and Mönchengladbach, second row, with Stuttgart (row 4) it's gonna be 3 Beach Boys concerts within 3 nights.  Cheesy

BTW With the Japan dates added I think the UK tour should be before and the Australian Tour after the European dates.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:17:21 AM by Rolling in madness » Logged

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 03, 2012, 02:31:21 AM »

Got my tickets for Berlin and Mönchengladbach, second row, with Stuttgart (row 4) it's gonna be 3 Beach Boys concerts within 3 nights.  Cheesy

BTW With the Japan dates added I think the UK tour should be before and the Australian Tour after the European dates.

Might see you there as I am doing both the Berlin and Stuttgart shows , nearer the time we will have to arrange for all fans ( on this board ) going to the German shows to meet up.

Hey , we could arrange to all pay each other loads of money for a VIP meet and greet other fans ( in a Bar of course )  LOL
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:32:45 AM by Rob Dean » Logged
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 03, 2012, 03:05:47 AM »

Looking forward seeing you and other board members as well. First round goes on me.  Drinking Buddies  Time to get my old Pacific Ocean Blue shirt out of the wardrobe, I guess.  Cool Guy

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 03, 2012, 03:41:20 AM »

Quote from: Rob Dean
Might see you there as I am doing both the Berlin and Stuttgart shows , nearer the time we will have to arrange for all fans ( on this board ) going to the German shows to meet up.

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #622 on: March 03, 2012, 04:42:54 AM »

I don't know for sure, but I can think of a few reasons.

1.) Promoters were willing to offer him favorable terms.

2.) His touring outfit has some sort of agreement with British tax officials.

3.) Because he was the single principal in his shows, the money didn't have to be divided in the same way -- or in as many directions as it will be in a BB tour.

4.) We don't know how many dates he may not have played in the U.K. for tax reasons.

5.) We're not sure that taxes are the root of this particular problem anyway. Queen and Olympics might end up playing a bigger role.

6) Mike thinks we're "all fags". I know he has a hangup about cigarettes, but .................
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 03, 2012, 04:55:33 AM »

Also, all the money Brian's tours generate - when they do - goes to him. As a condition of the license, a slice of Mike & Bruce's touring income goes to BRI, to be split among the voting members. Thus, every time Mike & Bruce play a gig, Brian gets a slice of the action... but not vice versa.

Looks like Brian finally got some decent lawyers!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
theentrtnr
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 03, 2012, 05:55:28 AM »

To put things in perspective... I bought cheap seats for this show in Camden... all the way in back of the ampitheater. That means, I'm still in front of the lawn. Now, I've seen Paul McCartney 4 times and on every occasion I've spent at least $200.00 for 2 tickets. Each time the shows were in either an arena or stadium.  On only one of those occasions were the seats actually somewhat decent. For this show, even my "bad seats" are better than anything I've had for McCartney and for the same amount of money, $200.00, I was able to purchase 6 tickets!! Don't know what the price differences are from city-to-city on this tour but my experience was GREAT!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx