gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 11:29:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beatles  (Read 67817 times)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »

i love martha my dear but damn it's about a f*ckin dog? ;p lol 2 much spare time for mister mccartney lol

Martha My Dear is not about a dog - there are no references in the song to a dog. He simply got the name for the song from his dog.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »

i feel like the person who really got f*cked in the end was george because his writing skills were beginning to peak.

Yes, George's confidence and skills as both a songwriter and guitarist were at it's peak in 1969. Paul apparently said to John in 1969 something like "This year George's songs are at least as good as ours." So true with stunning compositions like Something and Here Comes The Sun. I guess one good thing came out of George being dominated by Lennon/McCartney and that's his huge backlog of material resulted in the ambitious 3 record All Things Must Pass, widely praised as perhaps the very best solo album by a Beatle.
:] if not better, and on let it be his compositions for you blue/i me mine is horrid imo :/

If you haven't listened to George's All Things Must Pass, YOU HAVE TO. You'll understand why he gave those two songs to Let It Be (although I Me Mine is kinda cool, if nothing but a fragment). It's the best Beatles solo album. John and Paul's efforts don't come near, really.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »

If you haven't listened to George's All Things Must Pass, YOU HAVE TO.

Not only because it contains high quality songs but it's also produced by Phil Spector who also produced John's first two solo albums.

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »

Not only because it contains high quality songs but it's also produced by Phil Spector who also produced John's first two solo albums.
it's not the beatles best album imo..i even think abbey road has much greater songs Smiley though 2 of my favorites are on let it be ...across the universe and don't let me down :D phil spector is an evil genius...gotta love em lol
Dead Parrot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2012, 10:30:29 PM »

Lennon had said that the song was about him and Yoko but McCartney believed it was about Lennon's heroin use.

I've seen interviews with Lennon, where he claims the songs is about other people reaction to his relationship with Yoko. Which is strange, as the song was written in India, before John and Yoko even became a couple.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2012, 11:45:41 PM »

The "monkey" part might be a sly drug reference, but the majority of the song is supposedly about the Maharishi.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2012, 03:44:01 AM »

it's not the beatles best album imo..i even think abbey road has much greater songs Smiley though 2 of my favorites are on let it be ...across the universe and don't let me down :D phil spector is an evil genius...gotta love em lol

i didn't say it was! It's the best solo album done by a member of the group. Which, by the way, is actual fact and if you disagree, you're mental  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2012, 04:33:58 AM »

i didn't say it was! It's the best solo album done by a member of the group. Which, by the way, is actual fact and if you disagree, you're mental  Grin
wait r u talking about let it be?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2012, 05:01:02 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Things_Must_Pass

BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2012, 07:25:45 AM »

The "monkey" part might be a sly drug reference, but the majority of the song is supposedly about the Maharishi.

George Harrison had stated that the first part of the song's title was based on a quote from the Maharishi.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:29:01 AM by FeelFlows » Logged

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2012, 07:56:32 AM »

I never spoke on that album i havent even heard it before. The only beatle that i checked out their solo stuff is mister paul Smiley
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2012, 08:22:08 AM »

Great album but I'm more of a Ram guy.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »

I never spoke on that album i havent even heard it before. The only beatle that i checked out their solo stuff is mister paul Smiley

But.... that's what we were talking about.... obviously.... and... well, I give up

Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »

But.... that's what we were talking about.... obviously.... and... well, I give up
I checked out that album today and i might sound crazy to you guys but i think that album is better than any solo lennon/mccartney album Razz
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »

I checked out that album today and i might sound crazy to you guys but i think that album is better than any solo lennon/mccartney album Razz

Have you been reading this thread?
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »

i didn't say it was! It's the best solo album done by a member of the group. Which, by the way, is actual fact and if you disagree, you're mental  Grin

Have you been reading this thread?
sometimes i skim through it:)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »

Urge to kill........rising.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2012, 06:05:34 PM »

What just happened here? Head Spin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jason
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2012, 06:07:56 PM »

U MAD BRO?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »

Wall

I actually miss Ghost.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »

Wall

I actually miss Ghost.
I would let him back for a brief period just to mess with Newguy. Wall
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:48:02 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2012, 08:00:09 PM »

Thud

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2012, 03:48:04 AM »

What just happened here? Head Spin

It's everybody's favourite, people being deliberately obtuse on the internet!!!

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2012, 07:49:59 AM »

It's a very good album.  It's also a very cool album with an extra record side of weird stuff, can't even remember but I think it was a long Jam with Clapton or something to that effect.  Really cool album to own because there's just so much interesting material there.  You also get to hear George do things how he wanted, and better understand what a fantastic guitarist he was. 
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »

if it wasn't for paul mccartney then they would've broke up before sgt. pepper

I agree and the irony is that Paul was actually the one who initiated court proceedings to have The Beatles legally disolved.

You mean Billy Shears?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx