gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 06:15:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New studio album (Ocean Way sessions)  (Read 118907 times)
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2011, 04:43:22 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/RadioVendetta

Check the September 29th tweets.
Seems like the 'an unavoidable studio situation in Los Angeles' Brian was referring to, and the reason that some dates were cancelled has an answer.

Bathroom at oceanway studios in LA. Listening to new Beach Boys WITH Brian Wilson.

Ocean Way studios with Brian Wilson. New record is AMAZING. Beach Boys wrote the book.

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 04:55:14 AM »

Wow - sounds promising.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 05:00:22 AM »

So is it a new album oR IS IT A BOOK? WHICH IS IT DAFAHNURSHRUAHF*)_W#HGUw3hiNPQW#HGW

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 05:19:37 AM »

Interesting. But who did write this ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 05:26:22 AM »

Your avatar is Vince McMahon, owner of the WOrld Wrestling Federation.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 05:41:11 AM »

Oooh very exciting if true! Fingers crossed! I'd love to hear some new/unreleased stuff from Brian and the boys but for me it just won't be the same without Carl. Carl is the Beach Boys to me. I wonder who is involved with the production if this is true, any of Brian's band? Christian Love?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 06:02:03 AM »

Your avatar is Vince McMahon, owner of the WOrld Wrestling Federation.

My avatar is the Killer, but that's not answering my question.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 06:08:38 AM »

If true, sounds like the Rolling Stone article wasn't far off the mark....  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 07:31:47 AM »

wow, sounds very interesting

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »

Ocean Way would be a great name for a BB record...
Jason
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 07:36:13 AM »

I think Al's been out-jumped in jumping the gun!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 07:39:42 AM »

Really would

CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 07:59:01 AM »

It would be perfect!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 08:01:07 AM »

It would be perfect!

Kind of like Abbey Road was a great name for The Beatles swan-song?
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 08:12:09 AM »

Joey Scoleri, producer and former Q107 and Fan 590 radio host.

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 08:16:12 AM »

And MC of Charlie Sheen's trainwreck of a tour earlier this year.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 08:32:45 AM »

Beach Boys doing studio work..... Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 08:33:07 AM »

Brian in the studio

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 08:36:02 AM »

Thanks ! So not just a crazy fan posting sh!t but one who really has a certain access to it it seems.

- Jack Rieley
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 08:44:30 AM »

Just my opinion, but...if they DO a new BBs album for the 50th, and Al put "Don't Fight The Sea" on it, and they also included the BBs version of "Soul Searchin'" (with the Wilson/Paley backing track), they'd have two killer tracks with Carl, reach a much larger audience with them than when they appeared on Al's and Brian's solo albums, and most of us hardcore fans who already have those tracks wouldn't mind a bit if they were reused in this context, if the rest of the album was made up of killer new BW compositions & productions with all the surviving members.  Right?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 08:50:57 AM »

Just my opinion, but...if they DO a new BBs album for the 50th, and Al put "Don't Fight The Sea" on it, and they also included the BBs version of "Soul Searchin'" (with the Wilson/Paley backing track), they'd have two killer tracks with Carl, reach a much larger audience with them than when they appeared on Al's and Brian's solo albums, and most of us hardcore fans who already have those tracks wouldn't mind a bit if they were reused in this context, if the rest of the album was made up of killer new BW compositions & productions with all the surviving members.  Right?

I'd be all up for using as much of Carl's voice as possible (Soul Searchin' still has hit potential imo). Also that track (forgot it's name) that Al wants to put as a bonus on his album on CD which features Carl.

In fact I'd also love to see/hear Dennis' voice on there. Would love if they could finish his "California slide" (a.k.a. I'm going yur way). That's such a fantastic rocker - no pun - and also could get some radio playing time. But I believe that is unlikely....

- Jack Rieley
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 09:29:37 AM »

AGD, whats happening
Nicko1234
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »

I'd be all up for using as much of Carl's voice as possible (Soul Searchin' still has hit potential imo). Also that track (forgot it's name) that Al wants to put as a bonus on his album on CD which features Carl.

In fact I'd also love to see/hear Dennis' voice on there. Would love if they could finish his "California slide" (a.k.a. I'm going yur way). That's such a fantastic rocker - no pun - and also could get some radio playing time. But I believe that is unlikely....

I agree with the comments about using the Carl stuff...

But not about California Slide. It's a fairly dull song and would be completely out of place. If they finished up 'I've Got a Friend', as has been suggested before, then that would be a good idea for an album closer maybe.

Aside from that...2 or 3 Mike songs from his album, You're Still a Mystery, a couple of other unreleased Brian things and whatever Al and Bruce have got left over...
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »

Is this thread's origin tale related (and I'm assuming it has to be) with Eddie Bayer's recent claim to be playing on BBs tunes?

“We live in divisive times.”
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 11:44:30 AM »

Both can coexist, of course, but bring me the new studio album anytime over the Smle box.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx