gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
682048 Posts in 27674 Topics by 4096 Members - Latest Member: MrSunshine September 28, 2024, 10:56:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Murry on Facebook — is this official?  (Read 7551 times)
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »

I'm beginning to think this is a viral marketing campaign from Capitol — perfect timing for the Smile box, some big shots are 'Murry's' friends, and they have an official-like URL. Plus it's hilarious(!):

http://Facebook.com/MurryWilson

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »

LMAO LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »

I see AGD is his friend! Murry doesn't appear to be friends with Brian, though I suppose that mightn't end well (or at least as well as it did in real life anyway)!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 12:49:49 PM »

H
 knows about the "Rhonda" session.  Cheesy

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 12:59:33 PM »

Hope Brian doesn't find this....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »

I see AGD is his friend!

Do you know if it's official, Andrew?

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
RadBooley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »

Where are The Sunrays?  Embarrassed
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »

Anyone can get an official url. My page is facebook.com/danscarpa (don't add me).

I really don't think anyone in Capitol would think this was a good marketing idea. It's obviously a fan just trying to be funny. I reported this page to facebook though because facebook profiles are only supposed to be for real people. Myspace was full of this sh*t and that's why it lost a lot of respect.

I'm really over Murry humor just taking quotes from the Help Me Rhonda session, by the way. Hasn't been funny to me in years.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 01:15:10 PM »

I'm really over Murry humor just taking quotes from the Help Me Rhonda session, by the way.

Ah, yeah, but this 'Murry' appears to have studied the 8-page letter he wrote to Brian too.

—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »

I reported this page to facebook though because facebook profiles are only supposed to be for real people. Myspace was full of this sh*t and that's why it lost a lot of respect.

You actually reported the page?  What a busybody thing to do.   Why not just not visit the page if you don't like it?   
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »

You actually reported the page?  What a busybody thing to do.   Why not just not visit the page if you don't like it?   

Yeah, I kinda agree. If hundreds of people are enjoying it, what's the big deal?

—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 02:17:30 PM »

Aegir is... MURRY WILSON
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 03:21:10 PM »

Anyone can get an official url. My page is facebook.com/danscarpa (don't add me).

Someone's feeling sociable  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 03:28:12 PM »

"Murry likes The Lawrence Welk Show"

Grin
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »

I reported this page to facebook

Myspace was full of this sh*t and that's why it lost a lot of respect.

Hasn't been funny to me in years.

My page is facebook.com/danscarpa (don't add me).

Too bad. You seem like you're lots of fun.
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 05:16:29 PM »

Yeah, I kinda agree. If hundreds of people are enjoying it, what's the big deal?

I'm not over Murry humor yet.  Ratting the poor guy out?   Tongue
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 06:02:44 PM »

Why should Myspace or Facebook be respected anyway?  They're just stupid social networking sites that waste peoples time.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

Why should Myspace or Facebook be respected anyway?  They're just stupid social networking sites that waste peoples time.

In some cases you may be right (that's certainly true of many users), but the ability to easily and conveniently stay connected with people all over the world is hardly a waste of time.  Social networking isn't all bad.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 06:21:52 PM »

Sea of Tunes
1959 to 1964

Inaccurate details like this just ruin it for me.  LOL

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 06:39:10 PM »

In some cases you may be right (that's certainly true of many users), but the ability to easily and conveniently stay connected with people all over the world is hardly a waste of time.  Social networking isn't all bad.

Back in the day I bet there were people that lashed out against postal-mail services. I agree with Chris Brown - it can be stupid and a waste of time (gossip and drama), or it can be a convenient way to set up a social gathering, a study group, keep up with the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson, or whathaveyou. Times are changing...social networking is the new telegraph.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »

I reported this page to facebook though because facebook profiles are only supposed to be for real people. Myspace was full of this sh*t and that's why it lost a lot of respect.

I report people all the time on facebook, mainly for hate speech.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 07:16:27 PM »

Ugh.
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »

Back in the day I bet there were people that lashed out against postal-mail services. I agree with Chris Brown - it can be stupid and a waste of time (gossip and drama), or it can be a convenient way to set up a social gathering, a study group, keep up with the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson, or whathaveyou. Times are changing...social networking is the new telegraph.

You both make very good points, and thinking about it I realize that it's actually been a key source for me to keep in touch with much of my family.   Like anything I guess it comes with its good and bad points.  
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 07:44:11 AM »

Why do you hate America?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 08:51:30 AM »

And for thought crime too, presumably.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx