gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680797 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 07:59:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Brian Ever Sleep Around On Tour ?  (Read 8112 times)
ghost
« on: August 12, 2011, 09:11:48 AM »

One of the Howard Stern interviews from way back always stuck with me. He says something to Brian like "You must've had a lot of chicks, right?" and Brian basically comes off as a monogamous sort of guy not too into sleeping around much. I know about the Diane thing etc but I'm wondering about horny girls who saw The Beach Boys play? I mean, just imagine you're playing on stage, and there's hundreds of girls screaming for you. You know they're getting excited. So Brian never partook in this abundance? Even once? He turned down these girls for Marilyn back home? Strange, no?

What about the other guys? Does anyone realistically think Al Jardine ever picked up a groupie and checked her teeth out in the tour bus? What about Bruce? I've heard he's a ladies man but he comes off a bit effeminate to me...

Jason
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »

With all due respect (and I may be talking to the proverbial brick wall), why does it matter who slept with whom?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »

He once slept with me. hey, it was dark, i happen to have very soft hands, and I'm not complaining

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »

I'm all for free speech, but these inane threads are starting to get on my nerves. I like to talk about the Beach Boys in an intelligent, sometimes funny or goofy way. Not  stuff that is just plain weird and not fun or intelligent to read. Ghost would be better off if he posted less, because he has funny posts among the weird or odd posts he makes . Smiley

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:32:45 AM »

I'm all for free speech, but these inane threads are starting to get on my nerves. I like to talk about the Beach Boys in an intelligent, sometimes funny or goofy way. Not  stuff that is just plain weird and not fun or intelligent to read. Ghost would be better off if he posted less, because he has funny posts among the weird or odd posts he makes . Smiley

Sounds good to me.

I'd only add that BW's always struck me as a shy homeboy unlikely to have joined in the "chicks for free" culture in the heady early days.

I hope that hasn't spoiled ghost's one-hand surfing.

“We live in divisive times.”
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »

Might be time to bring out the can of "Troll-B-Gone".   Billy?  Jason?  Smile-Holland?   You wouldn't mind, would ya?  

Guy's obviously not getting enough attention here.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37:28 AM »

Might be time to bring out the can of "Troll-B-Gone".   Billy?  Jason?  Smile-Holland?   You wouldn't mind, would ya? 

Guy's obviously not getting enough attention here.....

Oh...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 10:43:20 AM »

He may be a troll, but he is an excellent writer.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »

............and Joe.  Sorry, Joe.  Don't wanna exclude you from my list of favorite moderators, Jonas!   

So...........is it OK?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
ghost
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 11:02:30 AM »

With all due respect (and I may be talking to the proverbial brick wall), why does it matter who slept with whom?

I happen to find the subject very interesting. The Beach Boys' youthful shenanigans are discussed in books - is there some reason it can't be discussed here?
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 11:06:46 AM »

OK, as a matter of history, wasn't the story that Brian and the guys were talking about "having a lot of fun" out on the road in '64 or '65, and then Marilyn reacted with, "I'm gonna have some fun then too", to which Brian freaked out and called her via the cockpit's radio after they took off. Then they got married.

I'm guessing that cooled his heels a bit. But who knows.

My guess is that he might have partaken during the first tour or two, then little or none after. Pure guesswork.

And yes, there is always Diane, and the black girlfriend, and...gee, who else is there?
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »

Wow: cockpit. Censorable aviation terms. So: c*ck-a-doodle-doo. c*ck-and-bull story. Shuttlecock. Cocker spaniel. The Buzzcocks. This is fun.

Sorry, gone off topic for a second. Just surprised to see the ol' asterisk turn up in my previous post.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 11:16:12 AM »

Not only Diane but Barbara too!

Remember reading - was it Gaines - that taking off in the plane right before the European tour in '64 Brian was paranoid that Mike and Marilyn were giving each other the eye and Brian thought something was going on between them and he got all flustered. Or was that around the time of Brian's nervous breakdown in December '64?

ghost
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 11:22:07 AM »

OK, as a matter of history, wasn't the story that Brian and the guys were talking about "having a lot of fun" out on the road in '64 or '65, and then Marilyn reacted with, "I'm gonna have some fun then too", to which Brian freaked out and called her via the c*ckpit's radio after they took off. Then they got married.

My guess is that he might have partaken during the first tour or two, then little or none after. Pure guesswork.

And yes, there is always Diane, and the black girlfriend, and...gee, who else is there?

Thanks for adding the real info that I'm looking for here. It's true that I spam, it's my method for discrediting my serious posts. If I'm thought of as a fool only a select few - the right ones - will get my message.

Anyway, on subject, what would you guys say is the overall sexual & romantic ethic that The Beach Boys transmitted over the years? We have songs about teenage rebellion from a girl's perspective sung by boys [Fun, Fun, Fun], teenage love's idealist immediacy [We'll Run Away, Wouldn't It Be Nice], the raunchy sexy songs of the Wild Honey Album, the, erm, controversial adult/child sexuality of Love You [and other cuts] {{I can't be the only one who gets such an impression upon hearing "Roller Skating Child", surely?}} etc etc...

Personally I love hearing stories about things like how Marilyn heard a new song and knew it was about her without needing to be told [whether it was or not, Brian knows!]. I find that very beautiful & pure. Brian's speaking to her through the music. I heard that when he finished Pet Sounds he played it in their bedroom on the stereo while they were in bed...... ...... .....

Evil

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:24:37 AM by ghost » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »

Mr.Finch? 'zat you?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 11:30:13 AM »

Valid post in my mind.  Some levity is a good thing in these dark days.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »

The bulk of the songs seem to follow themes of romance/friendship/adoration first, sexuality second.

With the possible exception of "Rollling Up to Heaven". And maybe "The Little Girl I Once Knew."

Oh, yeah, and "All I Want To Do", though that's Dennis, so it figures.

I will now stop shooting myself in the foot.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »

Wild Honey!
Jason
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »

Yeah, Wild Honey is definitely about eating p*ssy.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »

OK, as a matter of history, wasn't the story that Brian and the guys were talking about "having a lot of fun" out on the road in '64 or '65, and then Marilyn reacted with, "I'm gonna have some fun then too", to which Brian freaked out and called her via the c*ckpit's radio after they took off. Then they got married.

"The Night Was So Young" was written about Debbie Kiel (sp).
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »

I'm sure Brian banged a few fans back in the day...

Not to mention Dennis and Mike

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 01:45:51 PM »

Really? I would imagine Dennis and Mike saying, "C'mon Bri! Get off of us!"
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »

Someone needs to dig up that legendary post about the nude, cucumber fuelled creation of the Today! album...

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 02:16:10 PM »

^^^ wait what?
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 02:22:03 PM »

I remember hearing the stern interview and being curious about the same thing. Brian strikes me as a shy knd of guy and maybe not that confident with women so I can see him taking a bck seat to Dennis and mike with all that stuff.

As for ghost's posts, lance and compost are right. He contributes ample to the board as far as I'm concerned and is effusive and passionate which is never a bad thng.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx