gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680882 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 10:45:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: W i l d H o n e y  (Read 61732 times)
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2011, 10:02:12 AM »

But, of course, if you make posts like I just did, the homophobes come out in full force. Brian would be less of a man in their eyes if he was bisexual.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2011, 10:22:07 AM »

But, of course, if you make posts like I just did, the homophobes come out in full force. Brian would be less of a man in their eyes if he was bisexual.
Ghost was ironically the the most homophobic and hateful out of everybody with his incident with Wirestone and the "Wilson brothers are gay" thread was really about trashing Jeff Foskett for the millionth time just because he didn't like "love you". The guy was a troll and a jerk who only liked the mentally ill Brian Wilson of the 1970s because he thought he was going through the same issues Brian did back then. Ghost was seriously disturbed as shown with the suicide attempt (which might have not even happened) and hardcore drug use. The moderators did the right thing kicking him off the board.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:23:33 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2011, 10:37:39 AM »

Pretty sure ghost wasn't trying to discuss the intricacies of the Wilson Brother's sexuality beyond 'who can I piss off today'.  Roll Eyes

Carl was very sensitive

Open and shut case then.....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2011, 10:40:44 AM »

Off-topic, but someone who attempts suicide isn't necessarily "disturbed". I also can't see someone being a Beach Boys fan solely because they related to Brian's mental illness in the 70s. I think he had some pretty cool insights etc. and wasn't a troll.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »

Ghost was ironically the the most homophobic and hateful out of everybody with his incident with Wirestone and the "Wilson brothers are gay" thread was really about trashing Jeff Foskett for the millionth time just because he didn't like "love you". The guy was a troll and a jerk who only liked the mentally ill Brian Wilson of the 1970s because he thought he was going through the same issues Brian did back then. Ghost was seriously disturbed as shown with the suicide attempt (which might have not even happened) and hardcore drug use. The moderators did the right thing kicking him off the board.

That's what I'm saying. His posts weren't even based on anything in reality. While I respect everyone's opinions, I take the following issues with Dada's response:
1. There's nothing wrong with liking the songwriting from BW 88.
      - I have nothing against Brian's writing at the time. Some of those songs are my favorites from Brian's solo career. My point was that the post I was pointing to made it sound as if this was some glorious working combination along the lines of Brian's collaborations with Mike, Gary, Roger, Tony, Van Dyke, etc. But it wasn't. It was Landy using Brian's talents to further his own wealth. Exactly why his name has been removed from the writing credits of the reissue of Brian's first solo album.
2. The idea of Manson being referenced in "Little Bird" is plausible, although we don't have any hard evidence.
      - It is plausible, but was clearly only brought up due to the touchiness of the subject of Dennis' friendship with Manson. And Jon probably knows more about this, but according to Andrew's site, "Little Bird" was recorded in February, giving Dennis two months to have been entranced by Manson (by all accounts, they met in 1968). Also, it was, I believe, Steve Kalinich who was the main lyricist behind this song and I've never heard of anything between him and Charles Manson.
3. Let's just say that Brian's sex life with Marilyn was really weird at times. And Tandyn Almer probably did both of them. Dennis used to talk about how he was once raped/almost raped by some black guys (you think I'm joking? - that tidbit is in one of the more respected Beach Boys bios). Carl was very sensitive. That's all. So who's to say?
      - Whatever the nature of any of their sex lives/preferences, the particular post in question was taken entirely out of context, and done so, obviously for shock value. There is no way on earth ghost read just that one quote out of the entire article. And, even if he had, curiosity would almost force anyone to read more. And, I have to point out that just because someone gets raped by the same sex, doesn't make them not straight. Rape isn't something that happens because anyone wants it to.

I could be wrong on a few points above, so correct me if I am. Again, it wasn't my intent to rehash the banning of ghost. I merely became annoyed with reading good posts that were interrupted out of nowhere by nonsensical, ludicrous babble. So, I do apologize for part of my post moving this thread off topic, but I am very glad the board is now (relatively) free of this.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2011, 11:30:32 AM »

And, I have to point out that just because someone gets raped by the same sex, doesn't make them not straight. Rape isn't something that happens because anyone wants it to.

It's the fact that Dennis would bring it up semi-frequently as some kind of weird joke/story is what makes it suspect.
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2011, 11:43:57 AM »

Quote from: positivemusic link=topic=10759.msg229133#msg229133
Rape isn't something that happens because anyone wants it to.
Actually, you are wrong: rape happens because rapers want to rape.

- B00ts
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »

1. There's nothing wrong with liking the songwriting from BW 88.
wait there are people who don't like bw88?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2011, 12:15:04 PM »

Quote from: positivemusic link=topic=10759.msg229133#msg229133
Rape isn't something that happens because anyone wants it to.
Actually, you are wrong: rape happens because rapers want to rape.
In Dennis' case, I think he was referencing from the victim's point of view.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »

Off-topic, but someone who attempts suicide isn't necessarily "disturbed". I also can't see someone being a Beach Boys fan solely because they related to Brian's mental illness in the 70s. I think he had some pretty cool insights etc. and wasn't a troll.

I'm with Runnersdialzero on this one.

My only criticism might be that he posted a little too much for his own good, giving the haters really no option but to hate, hate, hate. When he first resurfaced many regular posters chimed in their support for Ghost and his unconventional take (toke) on the music.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »

My only criticism might be that he posted a little too much for his own good, giving the haters really no option but to hate, hate, hate. When he first resurfaced many regular posters chimed in their support for Ghost and his unconventional take (toke) on the music.
You guys always fail to add that he ignored the warnings of the Mods. That didn't exactly help his cause any.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:49:53 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2011, 01:14:43 PM »

You guys always fail to add that he ignored the warnings of the Mods. That didn't exactly help his cause any.

Fair point.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »

let's just say wild honey...well anything would sound amazing after listening 2 smiley smile lol jk
actually i like the mysterious-ness of smiley smile..it's the abortion of the great "smile."
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2011, 03:50:56 PM »

let's just say wild honey...well anything would sound amazing after listening 2 smiley smile lol jk
actually i like the mysterious-ness of smiley smile..it's the abortion of the great "smile."
Yes, Smiley Smile is a funhouse-mirror image of SMiLe. Very cool to have both of them and BWPS here in 2011.

Incidentally, Newguy562, this post was coherent and readable, so keep up the good work. Maybe lose the "2" "LOL" and "JK" - typing the word "to" instead of "2" should be pretty easy - and you'll be an unimpeachable poster here on SS.net.

- B00ts
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »

I can get with a little lol and jks!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2011, 04:22:27 PM »

Yes, Smiley Smile is a funhouse-mirror image of SMiLe. Very cool to have both of them and BWPS here in 2011.

Incidentally, Newguy562, this post was coherent and readable, so keep up the good work. Maybe lose the "2" "LOL" and "JK" - typing the word "to" instead of "2" should be pretty easy - and you'll be an unimpeachable poster here on SS.net.
I'm slowly progressing lol. Yes instead of abortion i would consider it a funhouse mirror image of smile.
At first listen i was strangely afraid of it but i always found it interesting cuz of the whole smile myth & the album cover art. Also how sum parts of smile was in it but overall it's its own album &. i love it.
Jason
« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »

Wild Honey...

It's no Wishbone Ash but it's ok.
Caroline, Now
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2011, 04:31:32 PM »

Am I the only one who used to think LOL stood for 'lots of love...' I love how easy going Wild honey is, it's very relaxing and almost bluesy. A definitely under appreciated BB album.

Mark-pull the first part of the song off comp real P0216643 and back to P0189510 for the chorus. Wait, sorry, it's on the second half of the 'our prayer' reel, P026636, 22 minutes in.  Tracks 2,4 and 5, see?  Wow, this is tiring work...
-Alan Boyd, 2011
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2011, 04:35:51 PM »

Am I the only one who used to think LOL stood for 'lots of love...'

"lame obnoxious loser". i got into a lot of fights over that. like real, physical fights involving golf clubs.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Caroline, Now
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »

"lame obnoxious loser". i got into a lot of fights over that. like real, physical fights involving golf clubs.

Wow... And I thought I was bad.

Mark-pull the first part of the song off comp real P0216643 and back to P0189510 for the chorus. Wait, sorry, it's on the second half of the 'our prayer' reel, P026636, 22 minutes in.  Tracks 2,4 and 5, see?  Wow, this is tiring work...
-Alan Boyd, 2011
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2011, 04:59:30 PM »

The adventures of runnersdialzero... LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2011, 11:04:05 PM »

Am I the only one who used to think LOL stood for 'lots of love...' I love how easy going Wild honey is, it's very relaxing and almost bluesy. A definitely under appreciated BB album.

Yup, you are the only one. Well besides a friend of a friend which certainly made a fool out of herself a couple of times;

- "My grandmother died"
- "Aw, that's so sad Sad - I'm here for you. LOL"

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2011, 09:11:17 AM »

wow, that's terrible!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »

I wonder if a wild honey flavoured muffin would be tasty  Evil

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Caroline, Now
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »

Well now that I've successfully derailed this thread, off to find some more to sabotage  Wink

-Alan Boyd, 2011
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx