gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681298 Posts in 27631 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 02, 2024, 03:17:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys vinyl  (Read 11966 times)
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2011, 01:04:30 AM »

And Stars and Stripes, while not making it to vinyl, did make it to the test pressing/acetate  stage, as I have one(  maybe the only surviving one?)
 The labels have xerox copies of the graphics glued on and hand printed side info.
 Smells just like an acetate should!  10 inch, not 12.  Front and back covers with the two sides showing:  

Only seven songs, however...

An improvement, surely?
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »

... but the eternal mystery is why Summer in Paradise and Stars and Stripes have never seen release on vinyl.  (Actually maybe those albums were released on vinyl somewhere in the world, but the owners of such albums may be reluctant to reveal their ownership.  Ah, heck, I may as well admit it, I'd buy 'em both if they were released on vinyl at a reasonable price.)

You were aware that Summer In Paradise was in fact released on vinyl, albeit only in South Korea?

Yeah, I changed my mind ah, Mikie beat me to it. Forgot the name of the label, but it was Korean, and released in that country + Australia only, as far as I can recall.

In case one needs proof: found this on the web, but if necesary I can make better pictures as I have a copy as well.

Damn that's beautiful, I do love the SIP packaging. I'm actually curious about this SIP vinyl release. Here was I thinking I could call it a day ending with the Still Cruisin' LP  Undecided
GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:14 AM »

... but the eternal mystery is why Summer in Paradise and Stars and Stripes have never seen release on vinyl.  (Actually maybe those albums were released on vinyl somewhere in the world, but the owners of such albums may be reluctant to reveal their ownership.  Ah, heck, I may as well admit it, I'd buy 'em both if they were released on vinyl at a reasonable price.)

You were aware that Summer In Paradise was in fact released on vinyl, albeit only in South Korea?

Yeah, I changed my mind ah, Mikie beat me to it. Forgot the name of the label, but it was Korean, and released in that country + Australia only, as far as I can recall.

In case one needs proof: found this on the web, but if necesary I can make better pictures as I have a copy as well.

Does it sound better?, I mean less compressed, clinical and cold ?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 12:03:21 PM »

Quit it, QUIT IT!!!!  You can't be saying you'd really listen to this, are you??

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2011, 12:06:33 PM »

Quit it, QUIT IT!!!!  You can't be saying you'd really listen to this, are you??

Well, "Lahaina Aloha" I would, don't know if I could stomach much more of it..
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 10:50:15 AM »

I used to have every album from Surfin Safari up to Beach Boys '85 on original vinyl.

When the two'fers came out on CD I sold them all.

There aren't many things I regret in life

But that is one of them

I feel sorry for you (irony-free). Many, many people did such things in the earlier days of CD, the CD series were often seen as the 'definitive editions', esp. if they contained bonus cuts. Vinyl seemed to be history; and well, it actually was and is: great, original history. So there...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »

My personal history would be oh so much more complete if I owned that SIP vinyl slab!!!!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2011, 01:57:38 PM »

The last two copies sold on Ebay went for $67 and $106. more than I'd want to spend...

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2011, 04:07:54 PM »

Considering the music you're getting, that has to be one of the worst purchases ever in terms of value for money.....

Does that mean that every Beach Boys album is on vinyl in some form (lets say the S&S acetate counts....)?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »

Considering the music you're getting, that has to be one of the worst purchases ever in terms of value for money.....

Yes, but the cover sure is purdy
oldsurferdude
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »

The last two copies sold on Ebay went for $67 and $106. more than I'd want to spend...
Worth every penny if it takes them out of circulation-just pure junk. Shocked
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2011, 11:35:59 PM »

$67... that could very well be the one I bought a few years back.... did it for the cover by the way.

Better isn't the right description, but the sound is less sterile compared to the CD. It's the first (US) mix, in case you wondered.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »

$67... that could very well be the one I bought a few years back.... did it for the cover by the way.

The $67 copy auction ended one year ago yesterday; and from the looks of it, you weren't the winner

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09:13 AM »

Worth every penny if it takes them out of circulation - just pure junk. Shocked

That's funny!  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 10:06:56 AM »

The $67 copy auction ended one year ago yesterday; and from the looks of it, you weren't the winner

nope, I got mine 3 years ago.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx