gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:02:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al's song to the Eternal master  (Read 16869 times)
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 12:15:41 PM »

But we all make errors of judgement, even the British Prime Minister.

Don't tell me he's gone and pasted a photo of Hitler over someone ...

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 12:21:35 PM »

But we all make errors of judgement, even the British Prime Minister.

Don't tell me he's gone and pasted a photo of Hitler over someone ...

Maybe he's been caught wearing a mask? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 05:35:09 PM »

Can't wait till the smile box comes out so we spend all our time talking about the wonderful music that keeps us busy on this board. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:37:47 PM by briansbathrobe » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SG7
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 09:23:48 PM »

I honestly don't care what any of the guys sing about, as long as it's something new.

If Brian sang about any type of religions or lifestyles I don't agree with, I wouldn't care, because I know there will still be a good production and amazing harmonies.

Even if he sang all about beastility?  LOL
cutterschoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 05:20:08 AM »

Yes yes, I luv how people are backstroking now for their comments; from fear of?

I stand behind everything I said.

Yeah, it is hilarious. Unless you're willing to stand by what you said, you're a two-faced swine.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 05:22:37 AM »

Things like being sorry for offending someone don't feature in that dichotomy, then?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
cutterschoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2011, 05:42:12 AM »

Things like being sorry for offending someone don't feature in that dichotomy, then?

If you insulted me, my family and my beliefs in a mean spirited way behind my back, only for me to hear about it through the grapevine - I may very well accept the apology, but I'd still think you're two-faced.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2011, 05:43:31 AM »

Fair enough.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »

I love Al's voice and his work but I'll stick by what I said - really dislike this song.
WaxOn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »

I'm not backpedaling, I only say I meant nothing "mean spirited". Cynical, yes. Sarcastic, yes. Mean, no.
Doesn't mean I like what I see, but I mean what I like and I don't like mean.

As far as being in the public eye as a performer or artist (I fall into that category) you'd better get a thick skin fast. Being insulted by fans on a forum is one thing, but barely a warm up to what's out there as far as "legitimate critics" that have an affect on the buying public. Or put another way - if you go onto youtube you are asking to be ridiculed, period.

I've noticed as fast as folks are on this forum to tear into some artists, they are just as quick to turn around and defend them from outside sources.

Even if he sang all about beastility?  LOL

Did I miss the good part?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 01:50:08 AM »

Yes yes, I luv how people are backstroking now for their comments; from fear of?

I stand behind everything I said.

Yeah, it is hilarious. Unless you're willing to stand by what you said, you're a two-faced swine.

Tosh. This is the interweb, we all get over excited and over-step the mark from time to time. No harm in backpedaling in such circs in my book.

Better to admit an error than to let it flourish and grow cancerous.

I've no doubt at all that one or more Jardine's regret the seeming endorsement of whatever organisation booked them to perform that ditty.

And I'm sure they're aware that those of us who downloaded Postcards and bought the physical CD-R from Amazon will be at the front of the queue when (whenever…) the album's re-issued with bonus tracks, thus helping fend off the day when they have to play more gigs for cults.

Hopefully the ying and yang all yong and yung it into balance.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:55:16 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 05:53:27 AM »

Al's physical issue of A Postcard From California will probably hit the stores in late August.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 05:57:24 AM »

Al's physical issue of A Postcard From California will probably hit the stores in late August.

Ah… which to buy? A SMiLE or a Postcard...Grin

Any news on format David? CD? Vinyl? Download? Blu-Ray?

Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 06:09:40 AM »

Do you know what the bonus tracks will be, and can you share the information please?
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 07:36:14 AM »

There's something fishy in Al Sardine's life these days. Not really veggie, if you ask me.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 07:56:03 AM »

Do you know what the bonus tracks will be, and can you share the information please?

I'm guessing:

California Dreamin'
California Energy Blues
The Eternal Ballad
Sloop John Rhonda
Help Me California
The Eternal Saga
California John B
Postcard From Rhonda

Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2011, 07:58:12 AM »

I'm guessing:

California Dreamin'
California Energy Blues
The Eternal Ballad
Sloop John Rhonda
Help Me California
The Eternal Saga
California John B
Postcard From Rhonda

I am sure California Dreamin' since it was originally one of the track samples, wondering if any other songs will be on it.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »

Judging by the sense of Matt's posting in the other thread, I'd say they're upset that the Eternal Ballad video leaked, because it was supposed to be THE surprise bonus cut.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2011, 08:19:38 AM »

Judging by the sense of Matt's posting in the other thread, I'd say they're upset that the Eternal Ballad video leaked, because it was supposed to be THE surprise bonus cut.

… "surprise" being the operative word…

MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »

I'm guessing:

California Dreamin'
California Energy Blues
The Eternal Ballad
Sloop John Rhonda
Help Me California
The Eternal Saga
California John B
Postcard From Rhonda

I am sure California Dreamin' since it was originally one of the track samples, wondering if any other songs will be on it.

I seem to remember Glen Campbell being mentioned in regards to this. I've never had a good memory but I'm rather certain this happened.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »

I'm guessing:

California Dreamin'
California Energy Blues
The Eternal Ballad
Sloop John Rhonda
Help Me California
The Eternal Saga
California John B
Postcard From Rhonda

I seem to remember Glen Campbell being mentioned in regards to this. I've never had a good memory but I'm rather certain this happened.

I think it was Crosby on California Dreamin'.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2011, 08:26:44 AM »

I'm guessing:

California Dreamin'
California Energy Blues
The Eternal Ballad
Sloop John Rhonda
Help Me California
The Eternal Saga
California John B
Postcard From Rhonda

Maybe we should ask Glen.
Oh, no, I guess not

MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2011, 08:46:41 AM »

Wow my post came out a little tasteless if read the wrong way. Only when I re-read did it stick out to me. Disregard the latter part, if you will; I have full respect for Glen.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »

Wow my post came out a little tasteless if read the wrong way. Only when I re-read did it stick out to me. Disregard the latter part, if you will; I have full respect for Glen.

It's okay… you've a lot to do to catchup with bgas!   Grin

brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2011, 12:26:24 PM »

Yeah Brother John, writing two quite insulting posts about Al and his sons in quick succession after Matt has posted (something he rarely does!) saying that he's offended by the nature of this thread comes across as crass and not exactly good hearted. Even if they're not deadly serious, which will probably be your defense.

@ Brother John, could you tell me exactly what your response on Al’s ears had to do with this topic? If it’s the aging process: that’ll happen to you and me as well...

Hey guys, apologies if my comments offended anyone. I thought this was a light-hearted thread and that comments about Al's ears would be taken as part of the fun. I didn't realise that Matt Jardine had posted on the board a few comments before mine, and wouldn't have made those comments if I had. So apologies to him for any hurt feelings. I guess my comments were a bit OTT for a generally nicely-behaved forum like this.

I'm just a bitter, angry man with too much time on my hands. Roll on Smile-time when we can rejoice in something positive again.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx