-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:27:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Denni
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Denni  (Read 75381 times)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2013, 08:27:30 PM »

Perhaps you can demonstrate one example where I "spoke for" anyone other than myself?

What real life troubles are you avoiding by coming in here trolling? What circumstances in your own life are making you feel the need to police everyone's (mostly anonymous) opinions? I am genuinely curious.

And I genuinely don't believe you are. But if you want an answer, it is simply that you deserve to know as much about my personal life as I believe I should know about yours or anyone else's on this board, which is exactly "nothing." I might also add that this juvenile tactic of assuming I have "personal problems" as a way to discourage me from participating in discussion is nothing short of obscene.

I don't quite understand your remarks as being a response to what I've said but I might apply the same question I asked to drbeachboy and ask for one example where I have "policed" anyone's opinions (let alone "everyone's" as you claim).

Somehow I am not surprised that you keep asking people to point to your messes. It does tend to take a bit of self awareness to make out the bad smells one leaves. No self awareness = no answer.

tah tah.

No, I simply expect that people practice the slightest bit of honesty and have the courage to present evidence if they are going to resort to the tactic of mud-slinging as a response. Now in the last hour, I have been accused of speaking for others, having personal life problems, and policing people's opinions. These are not light charges - these are bold claims. Now I'm of the opinion (and this partly because of the work that I do) that if you make bold claims, particularly if they constitute an attack of character and particularly when that attack of character is a substitute for engaging with the points that are being raised, then you have an obligation to prove that claim. That's simple honesty. I think it's quite remarkable that in both cases where I have asked posters to provide an example which proves their mud-slinging, they've responded essentially by telling me that they won't respond to that request. This is hardly surprising (because of course, there is no evidence to reinforce these points) but it is remarkably bold that anyone thinks they are actually justified in this kind of behaviour.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:31:22 PM by rockandroll » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2013, 08:31:37 PM »

I can't speak for the others in this thread, but I am just too darn lazy.  police
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2013, 08:34:23 PM »

No, I simply expect that people practice the slightest bit of honesty and have the courage to have evidence if they are going to resort to the tactic of mud-slinging as a response. Now in the last hour, I have been accused of speaking for others, having personal life problems, and policing people's opinions. These are not light charges - these are bold claims. Now I'm of the opinion (and this partly because of the work that I do) that if you make bold claims, particularly if they constitute an attack of character and particularly when that attack of character is a substitute for engaging with the points that are being raised, then you have an obligation to prove that claim. That's simply honesty. I think it's quite remarkable that in both cases where I have asked posters to provide an example which proves their mud-slinging, they've responded essentially by telling me that they won't respond to that request. This is hardly surprising (because of course, there is no evidence to reinforce these points) but it is remarkably bold that anyone thinks they are actually justified in this kind of behaviour.

Rock, take a chill pill.  Even though I don't always agree with you, you're an intelligent guy and a good debater.  That being said, you can be quite full of yourself.  I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy challenging someone's opinion I didn't agree with on a message board; can sometimes turn into a fun debate.  That being said you still have to find a point when to let things go.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »

I can't speak for the others in this thread, but I am just too darn lazy.  police

I'm sorry but this is crazy! If you believed that I was policing opinions enough for you to say it then there should have been something in your mind. Have you forgotten it already or did you really just say it for the sake of it, despite the fact that it wasn't true?
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »

Rock, take a chill pill.  Even though I don't always agree with you, you're an intelligent guy and a good debater.  That being said, you can be quite full of yourself.  I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy challenging someone's opinion I didn't agree with on a message board; can sometimes turn into a fun debate.  That being said you still have to find a point when to let things go.

I appreciate the kind words and I understand your point. But from my point of view, I don't mind being ganged up on here as I am frequently, but these personal shots are entirely below the belt and completely unwarranted and people should account for mud-slinging. In this case, Pixletwin jumped in on the attack and I had never even said anything to him.
MBE
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2013, 10:22:24 PM »

I support honesty-nothing shameful. I get analogy-just not how it applied in this case. Finally the reason that attraction part is being pointed out by me is because I get tired of the horny frat boy stereotype being put upon me as a male. It drew comment from me and others because it was so absurd and yes offensive in it's huge sweep. Again I am not one to even be concerned about such things normally, but to read such blind hate is wrong in 2013. 
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2013, 11:21:11 PM »

I support honesty-nothing shameful. I get analogy-just not how it applied in this case. Finally the reason that attraction part is being pointed out by me is because I get tired of the horny frat boy stereotype being put upon me as a male. It drew comment from me and others because it was so absurd and yes offensive in it's huge sweep. Again I am not one to even be concerned about such things normally, but to read such blind hate is wrong in 2013.  

Yes, because white males are such a persecuted group these days.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:23:27 PM by Wirestone » Logged
MBE
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2013, 11:38:56 PM »

Yes, because white males are such a persecuted group these days.
Gee Wirestone missing the points I make again. Shocked

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:46:54 PM by Mike Eder » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2013, 02:43:58 AM »

Man, what the hell is going on here?!? This used to be a great place to hang out, but it's getting harder and harder. Look, this isn't about some horny guys who got suckered into her trap because, well, because they're horny stupid guys. It's about a real criminal case of probable stalking of the Wilson family(her "interest" in them was borderline psychotic), public slander and defamation of character, and   possible identity theft.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
MBE
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2013, 04:10:56 AM »

Man, what the hell is going on here?!? This used to be a great place to hang out, but it's getting harder and harder. Look, this isn't about some horny guys who got suckered into her trap because, well, because they're horny stupid guys. It's about a real criminal case of probable stalking of the Wilson family(her "interest" in them was borderline psychotic), public slander and defamation of character, and   possible identity theft.
Thank you Jay, you sum it up perfect. Glad to know some of us remember how nice this place was and can be
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2013, 05:56:02 AM »

It's about a real criminal case of probable stalking of the Wilson family(her "interest" in them was borderline psychotic), public slander and defamation of character, and   possible identity theft.

In that case, it should be left to the police and none of us should be involved except insofar as giving the police information they need. If it is the case that the person is mentally ill (and we don't know) then I don't think it's fair or humane to publicly flog her. There are others with expertise in the matter who can deal with this sort of thing, if indeed it is the sort of thing that needs to be dealt with.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2013, 06:01:03 AM »

Finally the reason that attraction part is being pointed out by me is because I get tired of the horny frat boy stereotype being put upon me as a male. It drew comment from me and others because it was so absurd and yes offensive in it's huge sweep. Again I am not one to even be concerned about such things normally, but to read such blind hate is wrong in 2013. 

I honestly don't know how anyone can come away from DonnaK's post and say seriously that it is an example of "blind hate." I agree that there are some sweeping remarks but certainly nothing so obscene as the term "feminazi" which passed by here in this thread with much less scrutiny (I think two people commented on it, one being me) suggesting that it is far more acceptable to compare women to Nazis than it is to suggest that men are lured by attractive women.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2013, 06:03:33 AM »

I'll keep my own opinions about what's going on here, private, other than to say I think that what you are supporting is fairly shameful behaviour, though that certainly doesn't endorse the behaviour of this "Denni" character, who I had no interest in at the time.

What shameful behavior has Mike been supporting?! I really am not following you here.

The efforts to get the "scoop" on this Denni person.
Considering my wife and myself were personally effected, well , for me it is personal.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2013, 06:10:00 AM »

I'll keep my own opinions about what's going on here, private, other than to say I think that what you are supporting is fairly shameful behaviour, though that certainly doesn't endorse the behaviour of this "Denni" character, who I had no interest in at the time.

What shameful behavior has Mike been supporting?! I really am not following you here.

The efforts to get the "scoop" on this Denni person.
Considering my wife and myself were personally effected, well , for me it is personal.

Fair enough. I mean, personally, I do not understand how so many people were "personally affected" by this person. I was around at the same time Denni was posting and managed to avoid being personally affected. In fact, I managed to never engage with the person ever. Did Denni target people specifically or were people that willing to suspend their disbelief for a person that they had never met? Did she take money from you? What has been the overall consequence of "her" behaviour?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2013, 08:19:18 AM »

The issues were not on the board. I'm going to leave it at that as it was , as I said earlier, personal.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2013, 08:25:02 AM »

The issues were not on the board. I'm going to leave it at that as it was , as I said earlier, personal.

This only confirms my personal belief that the whole issue would be better left off the board, but that's only my personal opinion, and an outsider's one at that.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2013, 08:40:47 AM »

Well I think all the sleuthing is highly interesting. So keep sleuthing and reporting.  LOL
MBE
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »

Well hate is a strong word and maybe not the literal truth. Apparent sweeping dislike still feels apt based on the posts, and the posts solely.
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »

A friend of mine (who happens to be intriqued with this "Denni" fiasco) told me that I should come have a peek at this thread, hence the reason for my post in the first place......now she tells me this has become another "fiasco". I am NOT a feminist, marxist, or any other "ist". I made the comment about SOME MEN......SOME ie Karl what's-his-name, were taken in completely by "Denni" and still is a believer from the posts I see on FB. It seems that she would sweet talk a lot of the guys (NOT ALL MEN) and would suck up to them for the attention. Yes, I too, was taken in for a couple of months with her story until I caught her in a few lies, as I said, so I agree females were also swindled by her. You have to remember I was the one who lent Bluebird $1K and only got back $300......AGD can attest to that one. I trust someone until they give me reason not to.

I am NOT an closet internet crazy as that one guy referred to me. I am too busy in my real life to be. My only purpose in posting was to tell my Denni story and say that I was happy that she/he was finally outed. I did not realize that my sole comment would be taken apart word by word and scrutinized like this, nor did I think I would have to come back here and explain myself, which I personally feel is a total waste of my time. I could be cleaning litter boxes.

This fiasco my post turned into, by certain folks ripping apart my every word, is the main reason I don't bother with any of the BB boards anymore.......too much crap, so little time. Now feel free to comment on the fact that I used too many quotation marks in my post.

Peace, kids.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2013, 09:23:47 AM »

A friend of mine (who happens to be intriqued with this "Denni" fiasco) told me that I should come have a peek at this thread, hence the reason for my post in the first place......now she tells me this has become another "fiasco". I am NOT a feminist, marxist, or any other "ist". I made the comment about SOME MEN......SOME ie Karl what's-his-name, were taken in completely by "Denni" and still is a believer from the posts I see on FB. It seems that she would sweet talk a lot of the guys (NOT ALL MEN) and would suck up to them for the attention. Yes, I too, was taken in for a couple of months with her story until I caught her in a few lies, as I said, so I agree females were also swindled by her. You have to remember I was the one who lent Bluebird $1K and only got back $300......AGD can attest to that one. I trust someone until they give me reason not to.

I am NOT an closet internet crazy as that one guy referred to me. I am too busy in my real life to be. My only purpose in posting was to tell my Denni story and say that I was happy that she/he was finally outed. I did not realize that my sole comment would be taken apart word by word and scrutinized like this, nor did I think I would have to come back here and explain myself, which I personally feel is a total waste of my time. I could be cleaning litter boxes.

This fiasco my post turned into, by certain folks ripping apart my every word, is the main reason I don't bother with any of the BB boards anymore.......too much crap, so little time. Now feel free to comment on the fact that I used too many quotation marks in my post.

Peace, kids.
I have no problem with you posting about Denni. My problem was bringing up your dirty laundry with AGD, and mostly about how we spend our time on the Internet. Franlkly, what I do or what anyone else in here does is none of your business.  Had you stayed on subject everything would have been just peachy. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2013, 09:26:58 AM »

I have no problem with you posting about Denni. My problem was bringing up your dirty laundry with AGD, and mostly about how we spend our time on the Internet. Franlkly, what I do or what anyone else in here does is none of your business.  Had you stayed on subject everything would have been just peachy.

You are a piece of work..... LOL
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2013, 09:31:03 AM »

I have no problem with you posting about Denni. My problem was bringing up your dirty laundry with AGD, and mostly about how we spend our time on the Internet. Franlkly, what I do or what anyone else in here does is none of your business.  Had you stayed on subject everything would have been just peachy.

Gee, I thought you were too busy.
You drip of condescending, self-righteousness. This thread was markedly better until you came along.
Go ahead and stay away.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2013, 09:32:09 AM »

I have no problem with you posting about Denni. My problem was bringing up your dirty laundry with AGD, and mostly about how we spend our time on the Internet. Franlkly, what I do or what anyone else in here does is none of your business.  Had you stayed on subject everything would have been just peachy.

Boy, the pot calling the kettle black. No wonder you had to leave the boards.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:33:12 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2013, 09:45:11 AM »

And...with that note, I'm going to do something I should've done a LONG time ago, and lock this thread.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: