gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:10:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not sure how to feel about this news  (Read 10681 times)
FUN³
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »

She's clearly passionate about the subject, so what would be so bad about her taking a shot at it?  Even if you don't like her work, it's a little ridiculous to shoot the idea down sight unseen.  Who knows, she might even surprise people and come up with something great.  Better her than someone who only does it because some studio thought it might be a good/marketable idea!

I do agree with DaDa though, a focus on a small time frame would be best.  Only thing is though, in order to satisfy movie-goers, you couldn't end on a dark note (no pun intended) like Smile's collapse - you'd have to add a nice little coda about how he triumphantly finished it, and that would ultimately require some mention/summary of the intervening years.

Whoever tries to pen a great Brian Wilson movie has got their work cut out for them, no doubt - I just think we should let it happen before prematurely ripping it to shreds.

have lewis shiner write the script...maybe make it a glimpses-esque parallel universe pseudobiopic, but keep the facts intact. or just document the post smile fallout time frame from 67 to 69. give me 20 minutes of the brian wilson character detailing every action from "busy doin nothin" and another 20 of the same from "i'd love just once to see you". keep the whole affair low key and mellow like the output from that time, like friends or sunflower and a nice hash joint.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »

Roll Eyes

Well who the merda do you want to make a Beach Boys film?

Hardcore Dennis fans threaten to make a film called 'The Drummer'? - board says no.

A member of the touring band for 20 years threatens to produce a film with exclusive BB's content - Board says No.

A self-proclaimed hardcore Beach Boys fanatic says her dream, and only her dream, is to make a Brian biopic - Board says no, but still would bang.

Agreed on all points. And wow, some of the things posted in this thread are...wow.

she'll turn it into pure indie hipster shite.  she should back to what she was good at, stripping.  i dont really know much about her, but i'm not gonna lie, i'd hit that merda.

So you don't know anything about her or her work, but am going to criticize anyway. Gotcha.

Or is the real offense to a few of you guys the fact that it's someone from my generation versus someone like David Leaf? Or the fact she's a woman? I'm a guy, but there are quite a few sexist posts in here. I'm almost ashamed to be on this board right now.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »

Roll Eyes

Hardcore Dennis fans threaten to make a film called 'The Drummer'? - board says no.

A member of the touring band for 20 years threatens to produce a film with exclusive BB's content - Board says No.

A self-proclaimed hardcore Beach Boys fanatic says her dream, and only her dream, is to make a Brian biopic - Board says no, but still would bang.

Agreed on all points. And wow, some of the things posted in this thread are...wow.

she'll turn it into pure indie hipster shite.  she should back to what she was good at, stripping.  i dont really know much about her, but i'm not gonna lie, i'd hit that merda.

So you don't know anything about her or her work, but am going to criticize anyway. Gotcha.

Or is the real offense to a few of you guys the fact that it's someone from my generation versus someone like David Leaf? Or the fact she's a woman? I'm a guy, but there are quite a few sexist posts in here. I'm almost ashamed to be on this board right now.

Right, Bloody well right. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
FUN³
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 08:12:06 PM »

i know her work, i said i didn't know much about HER. except she's hot

sheesh read that quote and try again dude.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »

Roll Eyes

diablo? is that you?

im not interested in banging stamos at this time, so what remains on the pantheon of bangable directors is severly lacking. i in this respect, im gonna make a turn  and state my approval of diablo's dream.

and ron howard? no way, i guess that would work but he's a little too heavyhanded for my tastes. wonder what cameron crowe would do with it?

LOL at your Stamos comment LOL

Howards true story adaptations have always been wonderful in my opinion....Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind, FrostNixon, Cinderella Man....sure, there are factual inaccuracies in each of them, but overall very well produced and directed....and most stay very close to the original story.

Also, he can cram a lot of good story into 2 hours...whereas Michael Bay can release a 3 hour film and when it's done I am always left asking myself 'what the hell did I just watch?' lol
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:18:32 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »

...whereas Michael Bay can release a 3 hour film and when it's done I am always left asking myself 'what the hell did I just watch?' lol

Still... WHAT a ride!

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 03:45:04 AM »

On a similar subject, any news on the Beach Boys episode of Glee?

I have hardly watched Glee, but I recently saw the Fleetwood Mac Rumours episode; a similar Beach Boys type episode would be interesting.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 03:55:56 AM »

Please don't remind us
just thinking about it makes me  Angry
then I  Cry
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 03:57:59 AM »

I feel slightly odd about this - back in the day I was in regular contact with Jonny Hunt and exchanged the occasional email with Cody: she was fun, bright sharp and very much the attention seeker, which was OK.  However, I have to say that Juno is the single most irritating movie I've ever seen, almost entirely because the screenplay was written by a 30-year-old trying to sound like a teen: to call it unconvincing would be a kindness and you could have driven a truck through the holes in the plot. And yeah, it won an Academy Award. Bad movies win awards y'know.

As for doing a BW project, on the evidence of her other work, I'd have to believe it would be a complete disaster.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:58:59 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 04:22:21 AM »

She married Jon Hunt?

I remember him!

Weird world...who would have thought that posting on this board would get you the chicks?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 04:32:18 AM »

She married Jon Hunt?

I remember him!

Weird world...who would have thought that posting on this board would get you the chicks?

You'd be surprised...  Wink

Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 04:35:17 AM »

She married Jon Hunt?

I remember him!

You'd be surprised...  Wink

Bluebird doesn't count Wink
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 05:14:24 AM »

She married Jon Hunt?

I remember him!

You'd be surprised...  Wink

Bluebird doesn't count Wink

Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh!
Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh!

Not funny...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 05:18:19 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 05:14:52 AM »

Hahaaa  Grin

Crazy things happen at those Blueboard meet-ups y'know.

Seeing 14 Beach Boys keyrings in one bowl is a sight no-one needs!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 05:19:01 AM »

Hahaaa  Grin

That was Stu's idea - nothing to do with me.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2011, 05:35:16 AM »

*raises eyebrows, not unlike Roger Moore*

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2011, 05:56:59 AM »

Hahaaa  Grin

Who is Bluebird and what happened between her(?) and AGD ?  Somethiing indescribably delicious, I hope!

Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2011, 06:11:13 AM »

*puts on AGD hat*

Let's just say all will be revealed soon, possibly late September-I'll start a new thread so we can discuss the Zen interpretations of 'The Act'!!
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 06:18:41 AM »

Todd Gold has a quote from Tandyn Almer on his involvement with AGD and Bluebird so it must be true.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:58:14 AM by Loaf » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 06:24:05 AM »

Hahaaa  Grin

Who is Bluebird and what happened between her(?) and AGD ?  Somethiing indescribably delicious, I hope!

That, sir, is a libellous statement.  Satisfaction, sir - I will have satisfaction. My man will meet with your man to arrange the details.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:25:11 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 08:57:17 AM »

The danger is always there that a film portrayal becomes the image of the artist which many people will carry for years after seeing the film, particularly when someone seeing the movie is only familiar with "the hits" from any given artist.

I'm guilty of it too - I recently watched Clint Eastwood's biopic "Bird", having not seen it for years. It's a striking film, the music is top-notch, but watching it now versus when I was 20+ years younger, it wasn't the same. And having done more study on Parker since first seeing the movie, I realized my image of him came mostly from that film.

Imagine this: What if this Brian Wilson script turned into Oliver Stone's portrayal of The Doors? How many liberties will Brian's fans allow such a project to take with the truth?

And we've also been burned at least twice with Beach Boys film projects.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 09:32:22 AM »

Imagine this: What if this Brian Wilson script turned into Oliver Stone's portrayal of The Doors? How many liberties will Brian's fans allow such a project to take with the truth?

Went to see that with friends. After a while, manager asked me to stop saying this was wrong, that never happened and so on, or kindly leave. That happened on a BW biopic, I'd dismantle the theater by hand.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »

Roll Eyes

diablo? is that you?

im not interested in banging stamos at this time, so what remains on the pantheon of bangable directors is severly lacking. i in this respect, im gonna make a turn  and state my approval of diablo's dream.

and ron howard? no way, i guess that would work but he's a little too heavyhanded for my tastes. wonder what cameron crowe would do with it?

Just to clarify the text I've highlighted, are you still talking about who you'd like to bang? Grin
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:35:34 PM by Bing Crosby's reflection » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »

Roll Eyes

diablo? is that you?

im not interested in banging stamos at this time, so what remains on the pantheon of bangable directors is severly lacking. i in this respect, im gonna make a turn  and state my approval of diablo's dream.

Just to clarify the text I've highlighted, are you still talking about who you'd like to bang? Grin

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 06:59:03 PM »

I feel bad now.

I sent a twitter message to Diablo saying if she does the Brian film and messes it up I'll hunt her down, obviously I was joking. Appears she took it seriously though and sent me a pretty rude PM.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx