gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680874 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 02:39:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MOJO Special Spolier  (Read 86145 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 20, 2011, 05:15:57 PM »

Being a minority with our hardcore love of The Beach Boys, you would think at the very least that we would be more friendly and courteous to each other. We come together here to share our love of the band and music, yet we rip each other incessantly. Let's all stop acting like a-holes to each other. Let's Be Friends!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 20, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »

As far as Mark answering questions goes, presumably Capitol would not be best pleased if he was giving away information before this thing is released. Might he even have signed some confidentiality agreement?

I don't get why Capitol would care so much. It's not like these are strategic weapons secrets. It's just a 40+ year old Beach Boys project! And honestly, people who are going to buy The Smile Sesssions are going to buy it no matter what information is or isn't leaked. In fact, a few more leaks would generate additional excitement for the release!  The only way keeping everything secret could be working out in their favor is if they haven't found much of anything that isn't already booted, meaning that we're only going to get higher quality versions of what we already have. That's why the "Cabin Essence" single didn't impress me much. For example - an unheard alternative "Heroes and Villains" mix - even if it was from a scratchy acetate - would've been considerably more exciting.

Don't get me wrong, getting high quality versions of what we already have is a GREAT thing, but it's not the earth-shattering breakthrough all the silence has some people preparing for.

But right up there, you've said it all! We/Us/Them are all buying it anyway, why should Capitol worry what we think? 

Being a minority with our hardcore love of The Beach Boys, you would think at the very least that we would be more friendly and courteous to each other. We come together here to share our love of the band and music, yet we rip each other incessantly. Let's all stop acting like a-holes to each other. Let's Be Friends!

Gee, I thought all of us are friends. Who else would take such abuse?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 20, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »

I thought so, as well. Hey, I'm guilty of it too. I'm just going to try not to say things here that I wouldn't say directly to someone's face. It is very easy to say mean & nasty stuff when you're behind the Internet.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 20, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »

I thought so, as well. Hey, I'm guilty of it too. I'm just going to try not to say things here that I wouldn't say directly to someone's face. It is very easy to say mean & nasty stuff when you're behind the Internet.

It's not that hard to say it to a face. either; it's all in the delivery

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #404 on: June 20, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »

If this was directed to me booger fooger or whatever your name is then this is unacceptable. Don't even joke about killing someone. I find it extremely threatening and offensive.

Would this offend anyone else to be told you should be executed, or am I over reacting?

Are you... actually serious? Or do you just not spend a lot of time on the internet? A place where people say and do the things they can't in real life.

Now if he shows up at your house wielding some sort of weapon, you should feel threatened and offended.

Yes I am serious. I live my life by the simple rule of treating others as I wish to be treated. This is on the street, on the internet, in my dreams. Everywhere.

By your argument, where does it stop? Would it be acceptable for me to talk about murdering booger foogers family, or being rascist or homophobic?

And where are the moderators. Surely what he said constitutes a personal attack. Or do they only come out of the woodwork when someone says something mildly offensive about Mike Love?
MBE
« Reply #405 on: June 20, 2011, 11:12:15 PM »

Man just played the record. It is GOOD! Both songs never sounded so crisp and clear. Hardly any surface noise at all. Good pressing. I am excited now.

By the way the Beach Boys kick Brian's solo bands ass!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 20, 2011, 11:56:45 PM »

As far as Mark answering questions goes, presumably Capitol would not be best pleased if he was giving away information before this thing is released. Might he even have signed some confidentiality agreement?

I don't get why Capitol would care so much. It's not like these are strategic weapons secrets. It's just a 40+ year old Beach Boys project! And honestly, people who are going to buy The Smile Sesssions are going to buy it no matter what information is or isn't leaked. In fact, a few more leaks would generate additional excitement for the release!  The only way keeping everything secret could be working out in their favor is if they haven't found much of anything that isn't already booted, meaning that we're only going to get higher quality versions of what we already have. That's why the "Cabin Essence" single didn't impress me much. For example - an unheard alternative "Heroes and Villains" mix - even if it was from a scratchy acetate - would've been considerably more exciting.

Don't get me wrong, getting high quality versions of what we already have is a GREAT thing, but it's not the earth-shattering breakthrough all the silence has some people preparing for.

You're right, Smile is not sensitive govt information. However I remember signing a confidentially agreement when I had to do some artwork for an old Adobe Illustrator box so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Capitol/EMI want to totally control the information that seeps out before this is release.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #407 on: June 21, 2011, 12:12:38 AM »

Goodbye
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 21, 2011, 12:57:05 AM »

… Man the fellow who even dared suggest that the 45 mixes were just fold down mixes ought to be publically executed.

It was Andrew who first suggested that it may one channel of the 20/20 mix. And it was me who synched the tracks and discovered that it most probably was.

I do hope tp god you are not directing this execution threat to me! …

Let's assume it was AGD he was threatening and all get back to being friends?

Andrew's assassin training (see alt thread about him wiping out posters on the old Cab' board) means he's impervious to threat.

And let's all lay off the caffeine.

Peace.

“We live in divisive times.”
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 21, 2011, 01:36:35 AM »

Goodbye

Iron Horse, do not throw your apples out the cart! I enjoy your posts so it would be a shame if you left.

I doubt a message board exists where posters don't hurl the occasional mildly offensive comments at one another, and of all the BB related boards I've visited, on the whole I'd say people here seem to treat one another respectfully. I can't speak for Mooger Frooger, but his joke just seemed irreverant to me, rather than a personal attack. After all, you weren't the only one who suggested it was a fold down!

Let's direct our frustrations at the lack of info coming from Capitol .... or the news that Frank Holmes' artwork may be jettisoned in favour of a Joni Mitchell self portrait ....  Ahhh!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
MBE
« Reply #410 on: June 21, 2011, 01:41:14 AM »

Man just played the record. It is GOOD! Both songs never sounded so crisp and clear. Hardly any surface noise at all. Good pressing. I am excited now.

By the way the Beach Boys kick Brian's solo bands ass!
Does nobody just enjoy the music for what it is period or is that just me? Grin
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 21, 2011, 01:42:41 AM »

Yes come back Iron Horse

Cheers

Richard
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: June 21, 2011, 03:03:04 AM »

Goodbye

Iron Horse, do not throw your apples out the cart! I enjoy your posts so it would be a shame if you left.

I doubt a message board exists where posters don't hurl the occasional mildly offensive comments at one another, and of all the BB related boards I've visited, on the whole I'd say people here seem to treat one another respectfully. I can't speak for Mooger Frooger, but his joke just seemed irreverant to me, rather than a personal attack. After all, you weren't the only one who suggested it was a fold down!

Let's direct our frustrations at the lack of info coming from Capitol .... or the news that Frank Holmes' artwork may be jettisoned in favour of a Joni Mitchell self portrait ....  Ahhh!

Yeah, I threatened to strangle some guys kittens once.

It was kinda fun. They made great gloves.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 21, 2011, 03:07:45 AM »

I know the discussion has been on cabinessence/wonderful but what's the mag like, any "new" photos?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: June 21, 2011, 03:12:39 AM »

I know the discussion has been on cabinessence/wonderful but what's the mag like, any "new" photos?

Four or five.

MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 21, 2011, 03:37:10 AM »

cool  Cool, thanks
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 21, 2011, 04:43:54 AM »

Yeah, Iron Horse! Come back. I did threaten to kill you last week and orphan your children and you didn't bat an eyelid, after all.... but it was all in good fun LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
MBE
« Reply #417 on: June 21, 2011, 04:54:38 AM »

Very badly writen articles. I can't believe the Todd Gold is even used anymore. In the US it's been out of print since 1992.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 21, 2011, 05:53:17 AM »

Goodbye

Waaaaahhhhhhhhh 
See ya!

cutterschoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 21, 2011, 06:27:24 AM »

Go hug a rainbow, hippy!!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 21, 2011, 06:30:26 AM »

and you a rose bush, mofo! Wink

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:31:26 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 21, 2011, 06:31:34 AM »

Hey , if you find one to hug, give me a call, I need the pot of gold!

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: June 21, 2011, 06:53:33 AM »

Very badly writen articles. I can't believe the Todd Gold is even used anymore. In the US it's been out of print since 1992.

Sloppy research. No excuse for it.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 21, 2011, 07:27:25 AM »

I wonder: the writer(s) in question get paid good money for their work. Yet many of us here could have done a better (sterling) job on the topic, and perhaps even under withholding all kinds of info (bleg-related) that would not have pleased the folks who permitted the free 45 to be released.

What is the world coming to?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:41 AM »

I wonder: the writer(s) in question get paid good money for their work. Yet many of us here could have done a better (sterling) job on the topic, and perhaps even under withholding all kinds of info (bleg-related) that would not have pleased the folks who permitted the free 45 to be released.

What is the world coming to?

I raised the same issue either here or buried elsewhere in another Smile-related discussion: How does this continue to happen? Quite frankly, I can name a handful of people - some professionals, some semi-pros, some amateurs - who would bring a level of passion, accuracy, and sheer enjoyment to a Smile writing project set for publication. I guess it's the way the system works, but knowing just how passionate and how obsessive fans of *this particular music* can be (I'm guilty as charged...), you would assume the pertinent facts would be checked before publishing an article. No one is perfect, but damn a simple call or email for verification to one of at least 20 people on this board alone could have made a difference.

Then again, even a place like McDonalds gets sloppy every so often and forgets the onions on your cheeseburger...out of an honest mistake or not giving a damn, who knows. Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx