gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681302 Posts in 27633 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 03, 2024, 12:46:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MOJO Special Spolier  (Read 86804 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2011, 08:46:47 AM »

It's only the '68 multi's with Carl's vocal and possibly some sweetening that are missing AFAIK

So. What are the chances that, given Carl's notorious privacy as to his "private" life, that the 68 multis are stored away somewhere in his belongings; uncatalogued and unknown even to his children?
He took them home, "locked them away" and forgot about them

If they existed, wouldn't Billy H have interviewed them about what a sweet, nice bloke Carl was?

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2011, 09:03:58 AM »

It's only the '68 multi's with Carl's vocal and possibly some sweetening that are missing AFAIK

So. What are the chances that, given Carl's notorious privacy as to his "private" life, that the 68 multis are stored away somewhere in his belongings; uncatalogued and unknown even to his children?
He took them home, "locked them away" and forgot about them

Oooooooooooohhhhh, I'd say, at a guess, roughly... diddly.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »

It just made me a little sad to think about these Cabinessence tracks and sessions and multis being discussed...remember that some of these group vocal sessions were filmed by CBS for "Inside Pop" with details like "Doyn Doyn..." noted in Oppenheim's notes, and I'm thinking unless someone has worked a miracle, these films will most likely never be seen. What better place to have them than this box set project? That is, if they were available to be had.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »

Am I the only one who does not want to hear any of this stuff until the whole package is released?  I haven't listened to any Smile music since the announcement was made, because I want to be as blown away as is possible when I put CD1 into my player and hit |>.  
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »

Am I the only one who does not want to hear any of this stuff until the whole package is released?  I haven't listened to any Smile music since the announcement was made, because I want to be as blown away as is possible when I put CD1 into my player and hit |>.  

I haven't listened to any SMiLE music since I heard BWPS was coming out

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »

It just made me a little sad to think about these Cabinessence tracks and sessions and multis being discussed...remember that some of these group vocal sessions were filmed by CBS for "Inside Pop" with details like "Doyn Doyn..." noted in Oppenheim's notes, and I'm thinking unless someone has worked a miracle, these films will most likely never be seen. What better place to have them than this box set project? That is, if they were available to be had.

A sobering thought.

[reflective pause]

OK, now, about those (probably) non-existent multi-tracks...   Dead Horse

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2011, 09:51:22 AM »

I made my last Smile mix on Feb. 19 (and was pretty happy with it) but haven't listened to Smile music since and like you intend to hold out until the box comes out.  We'll see how long I can hold out as various pieces surface...

I've wondered how I and others will listen to the box...all the way through in order, or go directly to the most tantalizing pieces first...
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »

What is a 'Spolier', BTW?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2011, 10:06:56 AM »

What is a 'Spolier', BTW?

Oh, it seems to be some Spanish tongued TV babe, go HERE.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2011, 10:15:52 AM »

What are the chances that, given Carl's notorious privacy as to his "private" life, that the 68 multis are stored away somewhere in his belongings; uncatalogued and unknown even to his children?

Gina (Carl's widow) returned all of the BB material that Carl had at home to BRI a few years ago.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2011, 10:23:31 AM »

I made my last Smile mix on Feb. 19 (and was pretty happy with it) but haven't listened to Smile music since and like you intend to hold out until the box comes out.  We'll see how long I can hold out as various pieces surface...

I've wondered how I and others will listen to the box...all the way through in order, or go directly to the most tantalizing pieces first...

I'm going to record it on tape( without listening, of course), and then play it backwards, so I can can get every secret nuance first.

homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2011, 10:35:49 AM »

Those f*ckers at CBS.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2011, 11:00:12 AM »

I'm going to record it on tape( without listening, of course), and then play it backwards, so I can can get every secret nuance first.

...only to discover that Charlie Manson really is all over the place, which will make you feel ashamed to own the set.

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2011, 11:18:36 AM »

Has anybody posted the cover of the single yet? I looked back a couple pages but couldn't find it.

Computer speakers aren't working, but Cabin Essence sounds EXCELLENT on my cellphone's speaker.

No mas, por favor.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25:01 AM »

Has anybody posted the cover of the single yet? I looked back a couple pages but couldn't find it.

Computer speakers aren't working, but Cabin Essence sounds EXCELLENT on my cellphone's speaker.

AGD has it here somewhere.

Where can I find Cabin Essence on PC? This is URGENT, man!!!

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2011, 12:08:46 PM »

I only listened for a few seconds thus far, but was delighted that the ADT on Carl's vocal was seemingly gone. That always bugged the heck out of me about the 68 mix. How did they pull that off if the multis from then are missing?

Edit: Looking now, seems this conversation's already kinda been run into the ground. Really hoping for mix notes etc. in the liner notes for this release. If it's just from making use of a left or right channel or doing fold-downs, I don't really see the point in doing so just for the sake of being mono. I had the same issue with the Purple Chick mix, which often had strange editing choices or poor source choices all for the sake of being stereo. Granted I'd expect much more care being taken on an official release, but still. If you have a stereo section into a mono section, I think our ears can handle it as long as quality is of the utmost importance. No fake stereo as in "Soulful Old Man Sunshine" plz.

We'll see, I s'pose.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »

Anybody know where I can get this special edition of Mojo in the States (other than EBay) ?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2011, 12:27:28 PM »

Anybody know where I can get this special edition of Mojo in the States (other than EBay) ?

haven't seen it yet, but I know Barnes and Noble book stores carry Mojo. hoping to pick one up there tomorrow

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2011, 12:36:18 PM »

You can order it from the publishers' (Bauer media) website direct as they do international shipping. Should probably be with you, oh, mid-September maybe…  Grin

www.greatmagazines.co.uk/store/displayitem.asp?sid=5355&id=44666

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »

Dupe post by dope.    Roll Eyes

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:51:20 PM by John Manning » Logged

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2011, 12:43:31 PM »

I know for sure he read it the first time around.

Moderator!  police

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »

Is there an echo on this board??

Yeah, was gonna check Barnes & Noble and Borders and a local brick and mortar store first before resorting to more drastic measures.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2011, 12:51:44 PM »

Is there an echo on this board??

Yeah, was gonna check Barnes & Noble and Borders and a local brick and mortar store first before resorting to more drastic measures.....

Tomorrow, I will buy up all copies in my town. And then, out of sheer altruism, I will put them up on offer here. For a mere € 50 apiece.

Now ain't that something?

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »

Tried around Dublin City Centre today hoping that some places got it a day early, no Luck, not even Tower records.

Gonna try on Thursday but I'm not getting my hopes up, if worse comes to worse I'll order online

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2011, 12:31:34 AM »

Finally got the mag yesterday. For those in the UK that still can't find it, today is the official release day so you might find it's on the shelves now.

The most enjoyable and interesting part of the Smile feature is the interviews with Brian, Mike & Al, although there are no real revealing insights, beyond what we already know.

However, this quote from Al struck me as interesting:

"(Brian) wanted Good Vibrations to be the lead-off single for Smile."

I've thought for a while that GV was planned as the lead single, as it's the only song that sounds convincing following Our Prayer, to my ears. Even if it was only to be the lead single fleetingly, to be usurped by H&V, I really think initially it was in pole position, so this quote is of particular interest.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx